Author Topic: Anyone got any more pics?  (Read 6147 times)

Offline Yukina Blue

• Cabbit
Anyone got any more pics?
« on: September 06, 2006, 05:38:46 pm »
For some strange reason.... I can't find some of my pics! :shock:
Please keep your signature within a reasonable size.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:52:23 pm »
Yup, got some of those.  

Come on over to the photopool I set up for us on Flickr.  I'd like to encourage everyone to consolidate our images there for one stop shopping.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/kumoricon/

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 11:01:24 pm »
Those are some great pics. I wish I had been able to get some pics of a few of the cosplayers that you were able to get. And that's cool that you got pics from the FMA shoot. I was able to get a pic of it as well. I think I saw you during that shoot. What were you wearing? I was dressed as Zelos from Tales of Symphonia (a white and pink outfit and I had long brown hair).

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 11:12:57 pm »
I was able to get a pic of it as well. I think I saw you during that shoot. What were you wearing?

This was my first con, so I wasn't dressed up (I wasn't brave enough), so I was wearing khaki slacks, a black shirt and a baseball hat.  Actually, I found a picture of me photographing someone's costume in seventhsamurai's photoset:

http://static.flickr.com/84/235393299_e673206d2d_o.jpg

Offline Adell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 12:12:55 am »
Quote from: "PaladinCecil79"
Those are some great pics. I wish I had been able to get some pics of a few of the cosplayers that you were able to get. And that's cool that you got pics from the FMA shoot. I was able to get a pic of it as well. I think I saw you during that shoot. What were you wearing? I was dressed as Zelos from Tales of Symphonia (a white and pink outfit and I had long brown hair).

Zelos rocks. I was surprised to see someone dressed up as a character from that game.

To the topic poster, I'll probably have a link up tomorrow with some pictures I took. Unfortunately not a single picture came out very clear, so I am spending tonight and probably bits of tomorrow cleaning them up in a digital editor program.

Offline katya

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 07:47:34 am »
obsessed with anime, (cosplayphotos.com) has their pictures up~

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 08:25:42 am »
Quote from: "katya"
obsessed with anime, (cosplayphotos.com) has their pictures up~

Thank you so much for telling me that! They had some pictures from the Sailor Moon photoshoot. :D *is happy*

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:13:51 am »
There we go, I have added the few photos that I have =D

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 12:39:40 pm »
Quote from: "pieisexactlythree"
I was able to get a pic of it as well. I think I saw you during that shoot. What were you wearing?

This was my first con, so I wasn't dressed up (I wasn't brave enough), so I was wearing khaki slacks, a black shirt and a baseball hat.  Actually, I found a picture of me photographing someone's costume in seventhsamurai's photoset:

http://static.flickr.com/84/235393299_e673206d2d_o.jpg

Oh yeah. I remember seeing you. That's cool that you chose to start attending anime cons. They rock, don't they?

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 12:58:24 pm »
Hey--a picture of me (Gendo Ikari)! That's the first I've found looking through all these galleries.

Offline Shiv

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 12:59:27 pm »
You were a great Gendo Ikari, Penumbra!

Does anyone have a pic of the Roy Mustang miniskirt pose? Pleeeeeease say yes!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 01:31:52 pm »
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:26:02 pm »
Quote from: "Shiv"

Does anyone have a pic of the Roy Mustang miniskirt pose? Pleeeeeease say yes!

are you that mustange? i was the one who snaged you into helping pocky club we much apresheate it
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Shiv

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 02:57:14 pm »
Yes, yes I am!

@Trumby: Bwahaha... if only I'd been able to put the full expression into it! Next year, next year.... I will practice. XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 03:07:16 pm »
it was so funny when i was like
hi can you do me a favor for a sec pllzzzz you know pocky club right???

Offline Shiv

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 03:18:33 pm »
"No, yes, wait no, busy! Well.. okay.. but only if it's f--you want me to say what? Haha.. okay."

I get the feeling I had you worried you'd lose me for a sec, heh. Sorry if I came off as rude, I was just rushed O_o

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2006, 04:09:21 pm »
Quote from: "PaladinCecil79"

Oh yeah. I remember seeing you. That's cool that you chose to start attending anime cons. They rock, don't they?

I'm glad too.  Even if it made me feel a bit old (I'm 29).  I'll definitely be back next year, and I think I'll be heading up to Seattle for Sakuracon in April.  I assume most of you guys will be doing so also, no?

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 04:28:46 pm »
Quote from: "Shiv"

XD Thanks!

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 04:39:58 pm »
So that was you? I was the random Hawkeye those girls captured and made you pose with before they just captured you and dragged you out there. You were the best Mustang there I have to say. ;)

I have some other picture of you but you're kind of making a face so I don't know if you want them. Not my fault! I didn't take the pictures!

EDIT: Oh yes, thanks for the Pocky. XD You can blame my friend for that. Yay for pineapple!
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 05:06:15 pm »
I'm glad too.  Even if it made me feel a bit old (I'm 29).

Nothing wrong with that. I'm 27 years old and started attending anime cons when I was 24 (my first being Sakura Con '03) and my sister's also 29 and this year's Kumoricon was her first time at an anime con.

I'll definitely be back next year, and I think I'll be heading up to Seattle for Sakuracon in April.  I assume most of you guys will be doing so also, no?[/quote]

Quite a few of us attend that convention and it's a really good one. That's cool that you plan on attending Kumoricon again next year and I highly recommend attending Sakura Con. If you enjoyed Kumoricon, you'll definitely enjoy Sakura Con.

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 05:19:47 pm »
I'll be at Sakuracon and I'll be bringing my little sister with me this time. She's going as Winry. Fortunately, she's also a MUCH better photographer than I am.

Oh and Shiv if you wanna learn a couple tricks with matches I could share my secrets. Not that I'm a pyromaniac or anything of the sort! *cough* Er... *hides matches* Course not.

Offline Shiv

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 05:38:10 pm »
Me the best? Aww, thank you, but I feel like I cheated with my non self-made costume =/. I need to modify it and have it altered in a few places, maybe add better trappings... then I'll feel better about it! I -especially- need a good pair of gloves. Hopefully I can find some white cloth ones that fit the bill (and my hand) and then I can just add the circle with a t-shirt iron on thing. Those gloves were -incredibly- small.

And as for faces, oi, I -never- take good pictures. I swear I always look silly in them, or angry. Or unhappy, in the case of con pictures. I have an excuse this year though! 3 hours of sleep per night on average and 7:30(ish) am - 2 am every day working as Yojimbo. Whee.

On the note of matches, you know some tricks? I was considering looking into matches effects.... heh. Not while a Yojimbo, though >_>. I'm hoping to attend Sakuracon this year, hopefully I'll find the time and money to spiff up my costume a bit prior to that. It'll be nice to be able to actually run around, hang out with people, make (more) new friends, and enjoy the panels and events!

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 06:02:50 pm »
Three hours of sleep each night? Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, that sucks. But you were the best Mustang. And didn't follow me around or anything creepy like.

Match effects and the like? Oh you have no idea. Let me put it this way: My dad was a Scout Master and my mom was a Cub Scout leader when I was a kid. I threw a tantrum when I found out I couldn't be a scout and would have to join the wussy girl scouts. Guns, fire, and the like are my forte.

Here's a really fun one unrelated to matches that's somewhat safer. Find those bang-snaps you can get around the 4th of July and snap them between your fingers. They make a nice little bang and a little flash. Very nice effect. Doesn't hurt at all but it can startle you the first time you do it.

But for the matches, I gotta remember all them and I'll get back to you. PM me if you  have an IM or something.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 06:06:55 pm »
is cool your staff staff never has  free time, my brother was nowhhere to be seen (he left to change into his maes hughs cosplay) and the people we wanted to deliver to were right there i was afraid theyd leave
pocky club no delivery to crazey
but yes you honrary pocky club member now!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 06:11:20 pm »
This being my first year, I took as many pictures as I could, but ran out of space rather quickly. The pics I did take, though, are up at the Pool, http://www.flickr.com/groups/kumoricon/

Lots of Final Fantasy Cosplay photos!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!