Author Topic: Gender?  (Read 13640 times)

Offline David4516

• Cabbit
Gender?
« on: July 16, 2004, 08:42:34 pm »
The "how old are you" poll has inspired me to create a poll of my own...

I have a feeling that there are more girls here than guys, but there is only one way to know for sure...

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Gender?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2004, 11:12:03 pm »
not sure how appropriate/relevant this is.  But... we'll see how it goes.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline David4516

• Cabbit
Gender?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2004, 11:54:19 pm »
I guess it's not really relavent at all... I was just kinda bored...

Offline Nailbunnyj

• Oni
Gender?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 07:08:21 am »
The worlds going to be a sad place if there are only 2 guys.
It may be cold and grey but you'll never guess whats in my pants!

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 11:01:02 am »
Heh, I'm glad you added the last option.  I am classified as a Frodo in gender, and have been for quite a while now. ^.^

Which means I am neither cosplaying or crossplaying, I'm just running around in a costume! ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
Gender?
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2004, 11:52:36 am »
There's FOUR guys.

And two girls.

*feels so alone*

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Gender?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2004, 01:26:51 pm »
Hey, I'm a girl~ *votes* :D
-A.I-

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2004, 09:35:07 pm »
8% something else... does that mean both parts?

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2004, 11:22:18 pm »
Nope, even better.  I'm neither! ^.^

Don't ask.  It has no explanation other than I'm a Frodo, and I scare people. ^.^

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Gender?
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2004, 03:00:47 pm »
Why'd you think there are more girls than guys? I find that girls are in the minority on most forums I'm on. This is even more true in chatrooms. Its so funny to see the sudden behavior change that happens when guys realize they have a girl in their midst :P

For the record, yes, I'm a girl. I may be a tomboy, as to why in chatrooms the guys often don't realize there's a girl around until I mention I'm one and then I see the sudden attitude switch, but I'm still a girl ^_~
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Nailbunnyj

• Oni
Gender?
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2004, 05:50:27 pm »
thats funny.... when ever i'm in chatrooms guys think i'm a girl...  8O
It may be cold and grey but you'll never guess whats in my pants!

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2004, 10:19:45 pm »
Quote from: "Nailbunnyj"
thats funny.... when ever i'm in chatrooms guys think i'm a girl...  8O

Whenever I'm in chat rooms people think I'm an eight year old German girl living in Japan being raised by American foster parents from Normay or China. ^.^; (And yes, I found out that an entire group of friends online actualy thought that was my history of a year and a half before I finally caught on to why exactly they were asking me about Tokyo Tower and the bullet train schedule in Kyoto. ^.^; )

Or a gay guy, depending on how drunk they are.    :roll:

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2004, 07:53:00 am »
i wouldent let people know my gender in a chatroom but then again i never gointo to them to many blad over 40 men looking for little kids

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
Gender?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2004, 08:51:59 pm »
I tend to have a lot of girls thinking I'm a guy... XD

I don't go to chat rooms anymore though, they're usually full of mean people!  But this is a good board, its fun.
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2004, 08:24:58 pm »
I'm not sure anymore.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 07:49:33 am »
not sure about what?
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Teregate

• Cabbit
Gender?
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2004, 11:09:50 am »
I'm pretty sure I'm male... but that might be changing with one of my friends trying to force some girl's manga on me. :P
I can count all de way to schfifty-five...

Offline SesshysRin

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/sohmas_onigiri
Gender?
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2004, 12:30:09 pm »
I'm a chickadee
Shuichi: Hiro, you never told me...
Hiro: But, how could I? You just weren't into me... BUT you're into hiiiiiiiim!

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2004, 02:49:25 pm »
About my gender.  I'm not about it anymore.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Gender?
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2004, 01:43:39 pm »
Quote from: "Teregate"
I'm pretty sure I'm male... but that might be changing with one of my friends trying to force some girl's manga on me. :P

Whats from with girls manga?

I read Sailor Moon, and I am still a guy.

I really don't understand that concept. If you like it, you like it, thats how it works.

I like Sailor Moon, so I will watch and read it if I want, no matter what anyone else says.

Thats how it works, in my opinion.

Anyways, its been awnsered by now, but, yeah, I am male.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2004, 09:52:26 pm »
so there are more guys than girls, interesting.......

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2004, 02:13:58 pm »
Uh oh, not again  8O ... it seems like for all of the interests I have the participants are predominantly male. There needs to be more girls that like playing video games, anime, sports (especially hockey lol, I was always the only one on my team), etc. *sigh* There's only two girls in the Computer Gaming club that I run too... (that's including me). And being a CS major, I hardly have any contact w/other women anymore  :?

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2004, 02:16:50 pm »
You like hockey that's awesome, I used to work at Skateworld and we had rollerhockey teams and there were 4-6 women players.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2004, 02:20:59 pm »
That's cool. What position did they play? I always preferred LW and D myself. I played in a couple rollerhockey teams, but I have to admit the ice was the best. *sigh* Since I moved here from MI (I've lived there for an accumulative total of about 5 years) two years ago I just haven't been able to get enough.

P.S. Wings rule! :P

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2004, 02:31:43 pm »
One of the young girls was a super quick forward, and I think the others were burly defenders. GO BRANDON SHANAHAN!(gotta like a defender who can dent a hockey helmet with his BARE HANDS!)
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
Firly Girly Yah
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2004, 06:38:58 pm »
Well despite comments from my cousins reading over my choulder about the other option I can say I'm femal with 72% reasurrance!  8)
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2004, 07:10:08 pm »
Guy, guy, and guy.
Zombie bunnys are edible play toys

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 07:59:24 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
One of the young girls was a super quick forward, and I think the others were burly defenders. GO BRANDON SHANAHAN!(gotta like a defender who can dent a hockey helmet with his BARE HANDS!)

Hehe, yeah.. Shanny rules.. I think I got an auto from him somewhere... Hmm, I can't really say I'm that big though, lol. I'm kinda tall (5'10" or so), but at 120+ I'm not all that intimidating heh... I just have to make up for it by being quick and manueverable (I just love the look on the guys' faces when I snatch the puck from them hehe). It's been quite a while since I've been able to play though... it's funny how college can eat up all of your free time *sigh*

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Gender?
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 07:59:03 am »
Do you have an ice rink up there? We have a pretty nice one here in Eugene, several hockey teams practice there.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Gender?
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2004, 11:21:53 pm »
Well, the pole seems to be male-dominate so far, but I wonder if there really are more guys, or if more guys just come to the topic than girsl.  Well, it;s interesting either way.  

I'm female, by the way.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2004, 11:11:39 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Uh oh, not again  8O ... it seems like for all of the interests I have the participants are predominantly male. There needs to be more girls that like playing video games, anime, sports (especially hockey lol, I was always the only one on my team), etc. *sigh* There's only two girls in the Computer Gaming club that I run too... (that's including me). And being a CS major, I hardly have any contact w/other women anymore  :?

I hear ya, I totally do, I'm an EE major, I have to sit in a room full of guys all day.......it's not like it's bad, it's just .......odd.....
Anyway, most anime/manga I like are so called "boys" anime/manga, I mean my favorite is "Yu Yu Hakusho"!  And I really like "Saint Seiya", "One Piece", "Inuyasha", "Naruto", "Detective Conan" and such, of yeah, I love video games too^^
I'm looking forward to see you at the con, it'll be really cool^^

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2004, 11:58:55 pm »
Hehe, yeah that sounds cool. Honestly, I think we're more likely to find other females with the same interests at this event than anywhere else.  :D

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2004, 08:28:03 am »
Lol, very true. I'm a computer science major as well, and I've found that I usually get along much better with a much larger percentage of the few girls I meet in my CS classes compared to those I meet in the core classes (English, Psychology, etc). Besides, it's kinda fun being one of the few girls in the classes anyways. The guys in my classes sometimes forget that there's a girl in their midst so you hear some interesting conversations before they remember ^_~

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2004, 10:06:24 pm »
That's very true, there are some advantages for being the only girl or one of the few girls in the class, but it's still odd, in my opinion anyway

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2004, 10:29:47 am »
Yes, odd is definitely the word for it. Most of my friends have consequently been male over the years though, so I'm kind of used to it. The things they say in my presence though... lol. Guys seem to be pretty crude when they think nobody is watching.

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Gender?
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2004, 11:57:56 am »
Guess I should stand up for the guys huh?
Those it's been said a thousand times; Don't judge us all based on the
experiences you have had.
I've heard, and met girls that were really crude also.
Now I'm not saying I'm some saint I can be very crude at times, But I just thought I should say something on behalf of those that are not.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2004, 07:26:57 pm »
Heh, I agree. I didn't mean that all guys were all of the time anyways. Just that, in general, a group of guys tend to act more so than a group of girls... not that girls aren't sometimes also, but generally not as often. There are always going to be exceptions...

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Gender?
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2004, 08:44:47 pm »
Cool!
I'm just glad that you didn't flame me.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2004, 07:35:35 am »
Yep, I agree, there's always exceptions! I know full well that groups of girls can be equally crude (if not more so, as I found out from my roomate last year that ended up grossing me out of my own room when she read a trashy romance novel aloud to some of the poor freshman on our dorm floor). But, as Irnogs said, guys tend to do so more often. Girls and guys have our their own tendencies, and while guys tend to have more crude conversations, girls tend to be more gossipy (which can be equally interesting to listen to, as long as you keep in mind that it's gossip, which is typically very warped and distorted from what REALLY happened). Seeing as how I tend to hear more than I probably should of both (not because I'm trying to, but because I can be quiet enough at times that people forget I'm there), I can say that I tend to find guys comversations funnier, while a lot of girls conversations can be a little too materialistic at times. Again, these are IN GENERAL! I find that anime and more scientifically/rationally minded people (of either gender) are the ones that thankfully break these trends, which is why I hang around them more often :P

www.ronime.net

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Gender?
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2004, 02:48:46 am »
Hey Dustin!
See you at the Live Action Sailor Moon Slumber Party?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
Gender?
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2004, 01:23:10 pm »
As one of my favorite authors wrote, "F*** gender."  I don't like saying male/female or whatever.  Good G-d, I mean really, do we have to keep labeling ourselves? *looks down* oh wait! I guess we do. heh.

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Gender?
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2004, 10:11:42 pm »
Dude! We're supposed too watch our language!
There are 10 year olds on these boards!

Offline David4516

• Cabbit
Gender?
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2004, 01:40:01 am »
LOL...

You're complaining about being in a room full of the oposite sex. If you were a guy in a class full of girls, you'd be one happy camper (or at least the average guy would be).

I'm a CIS major by the way, and in most my classes there are few, if any, females. I also like to do outdoor stuff (Camping, Hiking, Hunting, you get the idea), so I have a hard time making female friends, because it's hard to find common interests...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2004, 11:19:55 am »
Actually, I wasn't complaining. I was merely stating the facts. Sure, it'd be nice if there were more women that participated in the things I do, but I wouldn't do them myself if I really had a problem w/it.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
Gender?
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2004, 04:47:56 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining either, but there is something I should point out... For some reason guys seem to enjoy being surrounded by girls more than girls like being surrounded by guys. *shrugs* Beats me why, but I've noticed that it tends to be the case... I don't have a problem with being one of the few girls in my classes, heck, it's actually kinda fun. But it can be a little intimidating at times. I usually prefer to have at least one other girl in the class with me.

www.ronime.net

Offline Knowbie

• Oni
Gender?
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2004, 01:26:00 pm »
Quote from: "Magnus777"
Dude! We're supposed too watch our language!
There are 10 year olds on these boards!

I learned all of my language from ten year olds.

Offline omniwarrior

• Sailor Scout
    • http://omniwarrior.tripod.com/
Gender?
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2004, 07:25:32 pm »
Its funny though, males are trying to figure out females and vise versa. I am trying to figure out why women like *shudders visably* "Man-Faye". I mean the guy is just gross. Like a hairy cross-dressing Howard Stern on crack!! I mean that is like a 500 pound woman thinking she looks sexy in a bikini. Or a guy thinking he can comb whats left of his mop over and fool everyone. I mean if women can't keep their hands off of this guy maybe I should copy him and do a Sailor Bubba or some other gross pervertion that my mind just can't fathom at this point in time.
Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me...so tie me up and throw me down and show me that you like me...