Author Topic: The random panel of doom XD  (Read 74307 times)

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
The random panel of doom XD
« on: September 03, 2006, 08:20:17 pm »
Did anyone attend the 'random panel of doom' at the con Sunday? If someone was yelling at you to come in, that was the one :P It ran for... about 5 hours straight, and I have to say, the best thing in Kumoricon! (though it had NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with anime)

When they first called us in, I ran like a freaking dog to get away XD. And I 'stealthily' peeked over into the room to see if my friends (who went in and betrayed me) would come back... but they didn't *-*. So instead I went in there also... but it was fun!

For those who didn't see it/go in, it started with two people going in an empty room and just chatting... then more people came so they started to host a mini-panel themselves. As time went on, they got more and more people in, with lots of fun activities, stories, etc. And it was LMFAO Hilarious X3

Um... but actually, it was kind of inappropriate half of the time, but you'll have to PM me for that stuff (is afraid to post it). But still... there were other things, like Janken- Pope vs. Pirate, and Samurai vs. Cowboy (actually it was an L cosplayer)
We also had a glomp contest with a 6ft long glomp, and who could hold the most fangirls.

It was like a con in a con! great!

To recap and keep from stealing stories from other attendees, I'll just list other things that happened:
- Bigger or better
- Prank calls
- Con chair and vice chair actually liking it :P
- Sanosuke dragging /theguyofwhoIforgothisname/ kicking and screaming back into the room
- auctioning stuff for crap (like watching Yuri)

Offline DJrock

• Oni
heh
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 09:24:57 pm »
Someone tried to lure me in with candy XD I was hessitating to go in lol

Conscience in mind:

*GO IN THERE'S CANDYY~!*
But... the might attack me and tie me to a chair...
*CANDYY!!!*
but... it's a trap!
*CANDEH CANDEH CANNNNNDEEEHHH!*
...(walks off)

Aw *snaps* I missed the fun... plus the candy.
[will be comming soon?]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 09:29:28 pm »
If you find an empty room next year, you might be able to find them ;)

Yeah, If it weren't for my friends (who betrayed meh!) I wouldn't have even gone in! So I'm glad they were with me :3 *glomps Aei-chan*

Offline DJrock

• Oni
gahh XD
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 09:33:33 pm »
oh wait... you said Sunday? as in.. today? ... I went Saturday XD...

I feel like an idiot... oh well. ^^' Am I forgivin? '>.>
[will be comming soon?]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
Re: gahh XD
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:38:35 pm »
Quote from: "DJrock"
oh wait... you said Sunday? as in.. today? ... I went Saturday XD...

I feel like an idiot... oh well. ^^' Am I forgivin? '>.>

Yush :3, i guess. Wait... but then... what room were you talking about >.>....?

---

Bah, now I want to talk about how Sano was dragging that guy back in the room kicking and screaming :P He all started sneaking off and Sanosuke grabbed and tackled him while he grabbed the door trying to hang on XD It was funny, he was dragging his leg and tried to pick him up a few times, too! Unfortunately, when Sano shut the doors, trying to keep him from escaping, the guy grabbed one of the doors again and got his fingers smashed :(... But he came back after getting all 'medicated' and we still had fun the rest of the panel!

Good times, good times~~~...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 12:54:10 am »
i'm sorry that i missed this...but i was running a room all weekend :)
cowboy vs. samurai is also a workshop that ran last kumoricon, by dr. antonia "toni" levi, phd.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BakaNoKami

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 01:31:54 am »
I was at the Random Panel of Doom, but I only showed up for an hour or two of it. I was trying to find my friends and eventually found them in there.

I was one of the "people wearing ears on their head" people that did the chicken dance, and that was great fun. Even though I couldn't for the life of me remember how to actually DO the chicken dance!

They were talking about how it might be a sanctioned panel next year. That would be kind of cool.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 02:41:47 pm »
Quote from: "BakaNoKami"

They were talking about how it might be a sanctioned panel next year. That would be kind of cool.

Yeah, but they also said if that happened, they would just find another empty room, steal their mic, and take over there :P After all, it wouldn't be random if it was planned, now would it?

and OMGwow, you were one of those people? I barely got involved, just... stuck around there and stuff... I almost was dragged into the glomping contest though o.o... (the girl with the snake around her neck- quote Sakura)

Which person with ears were you? (what'd they look like) I have a bad memory, so I won't know anyways >.<

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 04:06:40 pm »
I was more part of the bigger and better thing. I was walking around with a group of people I met at the con as Mori asked girls for panties. XD

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 06:53:59 pm »
Kenneth H. (Lupin III)

Hey guys. For the record, my cousin and I were the two guys chatting in the empty room. Two other guys came in, found out that the mic system was connected and working. From there, it snowballed into a panel that lasted for FIVE and a HALF HOURS.

Now for the egotistical-buttons stuff;

The two guys (I believe Tim and Will?) started using the mic first, my cousin and I started using the room first. We in essence are the founders of this panel. Honorary panel members include Golden Boy, Sakura (Rissa), "Crazy guy with the Van", "The Fifth Dude" (I apologize, I forgot your name, he was the only other person to last all 5 1/2 hours), Gaara and The Zombie (even though he kinda vanished, he was the technical THIRD panel member).

I am going to do something very stupid now;

This is my e-mail!

kurier@nihonreview.com

Why did I do that? I want ANYONE and EVERYONE who was AT, IN or SAW the panel to e-mail we with what they thought of the panel. You must do it. We might run it again (this time a little more legit) but I need input!

Also, if you were one of the people I mentioned at honorary or founders of the panel, YOU ARE DEMANDED TO E-MAIL ME. I need to get in touch with you all if we do end up doing this last year.

---

Also, Meg (con-chair Meg), I can't thank you enough for letting our panel exist. You're awesome. Great job with the con this year.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline BakaNoKami

• Oni
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 10:40:06 pm »
Quote from: "Hazuza"
and OMGwow, you were one of those people? I barely got involved, just... stuck around there and stuff... I almost was dragged into the glomping contest though o.o... (the girl with the snake around her neck- quote Sakura)

>.> I thought of getting in on the glomping. But, I figured there were enough guys in the pile.

Quote from: "Hazuza"
Which person with ears were you? (what'd they look like) I have a bad memory, so I won't know anyways >.<

I was the guy with the Ecchi shirt on with the orange ears. Farthest on the left (the audience's right), two down from the cat guy and the mouse security guy that had their... Er... Duet dance thing.

Offline Jew_knight

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 04:28:42 pm »
What no mention of me? I was the drunk and one of the first few people in there. I started as kisuke and ended as mugen with my own personal cat girl lol.
Miageta yozora no hoshi-tachi no hikari

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2006, 07:23:58 pm »
Quote from: "Jew_knight"
What no mention of me? I was the drunk and one of the first few people in there. I started as kisuke and ended as mugen with my own personal cat girl lol.

O . O

Holy buttons!

I am so buttoning sorry. Argh! I shouldn't have wrote that when I was tired. I'm sure I am missing TONS of people.

REMEMBER E-MAIL ME!

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2006, 08:33:24 pm »
So what the BUTTONS is going on here......I forget to check the forums for a day and you guys forget about the very begining of the Chaos. So I want to hear everyones opinion of how this went. Sorry Lupin but we can't keep this thing contained to e-mail. We must let this out of the bag with everyone's thoughts.[/b]
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2006, 08:34:50 pm »
I think I might have randomly wandered in. I was wearing a pink kimono and got called to the front of the room to do some kind of dance, but I had a dvd I was trying to get signed by Tiffany Grant so I left.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2006, 10:09:20 am »
I hope that the the fith honorary panel member was me (aka the pirate) cause I was sitting up there for a very long time. Of course, now that I recal, the reason I went in there in the first place was because I saw the contorsionest (dont know how to spell it) and after that, I was called upon to do an epic battle of rock, paper, sizzors (dont know how its spelled). shortly after the battle, I was invited to sit next to Sakura (Rissa), and I sat there till the end of the panel.

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2006, 10:36:28 am »
oh ya, if anyone wants to email me, they can.... also, sorry for sounding like a buttons hole in my last post... but anywho, anyone who wants to email me, can at:

jish55@yahoo.com

but ya, that random panel of doom was fun.

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2006, 01:43:57 pm »
I was there briefly near the beginning, but my friend wanted to catch 'name that anime tune', so we left...

Offline Jew_knight

• Cabbit
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2006, 03:23:31 pm »
Lol everyone should say what they cosplayed as or who they were so we dont get confused cause im lost lol
Miageta yozora no hoshi-tachi no hikari

Offline dearSgirl

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 07:13:49 pm »
yeah me and my friends went to the random panel. It was so much fun,and so you know who I was I was Rikku,and my frind was the little girl who whined alot. 8)

Offline FullMetalPeanut

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/elektrode_raver
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 11:58:11 pm »
Random Panel Of Doom Group?

Since this was so hugely popular,are all of us that were on the panel going to keep in contact, so that we could get this going again next year? ( :

My e-mail is: Helmetfreak@hotmail.com

So feel free to drop me a line... my myspace would work better though, mind you... Any rate, that panel made my con, so I would DEFINANTLY like to help out with it again next year!  I just hope next time I don't have to vanish towards the end of the panel.. but.. a room party was calling, and zombies love room parties. V_v

-The Zombie
No matter how! No matter why! We're in a HARDCORE state of mind!!! -DJ PAUL

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2006, 10:18:15 am »
well, of course Ill keep in touch (pirate) its only cosier to keep in touch with some of the coolest people ive met in con. of course I left my email in case anyone wants to talk with me about next con or anything else, so, ya.

Offline Crazy_Van_Guy

• Oni
STOP! Panel Time!
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2006, 10:55:38 am »
Crazy Van Guy emerges from the smoke and crazyness of his Van.
I got thrown in here by the pirate (leonMasteries) and this is great!
I'll have my pictures from con up soon so I'll post the link here.

I'm really hopin' that Kentaro gets off his lazy Buttons and gets the Panel of Doom page up on MySpace. I think it would he hella cool to chat with ya'll on there... as much as I hate Myspace I would be willing to go there to talk to all of you.

Peace Out Ya'll!

PS: I'll do my best to get a Crazy picture of my Van for a backdrop next year!
"And kinds, thats how Jesus let Satan invent Mini-Golf." - My Self

Offline FullMetalPeanut

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 05:36:31 pm »
We need to make Pirate Vs. Pope rematch shirts! Ahahaa. Like boxing shirts. XD

Offline Crazy_Van_Guy

• Oni
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 09:08:55 pm »
I can so get the shirts under way, Pirate lives like 10 minutes from me, andif I can get a pic of the pope guy I'll do it!

Ohh yeah, anyone that wants to e-mail me feel free at btrust_05@hotmail.com

Talk at ya'll later!

Offline FullMetalPeanut

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 09:18:14 pm »
Arrrg. Wheres the pope when you need him?! Someone must have a pic of him! I mean come on, he's the friggen pope!

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2006, 02:33:36 pm »
yes, I would so pose for a shirt... Ill be like throwing rock while the pope throws like something else... but ya, that would be so cool, and we could have like camercials blazing all over the tvs being like SUNDAY, SUNDAY, SUNDAY and other things like that.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2006, 03:06:11 pm »
Quote from: "FullMetalPeanut"
Random Panel Of Doom Group?

Since this was so hugely popular,are all of us that were on the panel going to keep in contact, so that we could get this going again next year? ( :

My e-mail is: Helmetfreak@hotmail.com

So feel free to drop me a line... my myspace would work better though, mind you... Any rate, that panel made my con, so I would DEFINANTLY like to help out with it again next year!  I just hope next time I don't have to vanish towards the end of the panel.. but.. a room party was calling, and zombies love room parties. V_v

-The Zombie

HOLY BUTTONS! The Zombie!

I thought you had died! Good to know the Yuffie didn't stab you in the back when you lowered your guard. e-mail me or I'll try getting around to e-mailing you >__> (I am really tired, just got back from a school retreat).

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/z0mbiie
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2006, 01:17:19 pm »
Oh, silly Hazuza.  : D
I was going to come make this thread if it didn't exsist, but you beat me to it!

But that's okay. We were in the same group, so I forgive you.

ANYWAYS.

Me, Hazuza, and my friend (who isn't on the forums) spent over 4 hours within the panel.  :3  (We were in the second row on the right. I was the 'girl with the owl on her shirt'.)

I was going to write a big post, but I've forgotten much of what I was going to say. I DO remember the pirate vs. pope shirt thing though and I did get a picture of their match at one point or another.  :3
I just need to go get my film developed before I can post it up~

Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Schedule -

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2006, 02:22:21 am »
So sorry I havent' been on the past few days! st00pid compie got a st00pid virus so now i got st00pid windows me and my st00pid mom just got in a st00pid fight with me, so i'ssall st00pid... and now I forgot what to say...

---

And Aei-chan, you need to get your friend to upload the vids she got from there onto youtube <.<...

Offline syuriken

• Cabbit
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2006, 08:19:05 pm »
Wow, I have been so busy seince the con, but now that I am here...wow!

I am the cousin of Kurier, and the co-founder of the pannel [was cosplaying as naota]. I miss the con ever so much, If any of you want to keep in touch:

vothv@wvi.com

That was so buttoning awesome!
Cosplay 2009

+ Irvine Kinneas [Final Fantasy VIII]

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 09:16:37 pm »
-smacks forehead-

Duh! forgot me!

CrDs501@aol.com

I'm not one to start one-on-one conversation, so don't expect me to come to you guys so soon <.<...

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/z0mbiie
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2006, 07:14:05 pm »

Glomp contest, anyone?

<3

Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Schedule -

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2006, 09:48:42 pm »
Hey, I can see myself in that picture. Awesome...

The glomping was definitely a high point.

Hey! Does anyone have the contact information for the original two mic-users? They were the guys (and eventually just the guy) who was sitting in the middle of the panel table. They were both from Seaside.

Hell, I'd settle for Pinkzilla's contact info. But I REALLY REALLY BUTTON REALLY need their contact info.

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2006, 06:35:18 pm »
hey i found a picture of the pirate vs. pope thing. i forgot where it is but there is one picture of them fighting on my myspace! kidna a crappy picture though..... oh well!

.com/corpsicbeauty

gogo see see!

and i even found a picture of some guys luring in some girls with candy........hahaha..........but i forgot wherethat was also... *sweatdrop*

Offline Yubi na Korosu

• Oni
« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2006, 11:41:14 pm »
Man, it took me a little while to think 'Hm...  Wonder if they have something about the random panel up on the boards?' didn't it?

That random panel was the best use of 5 1/2 hours of my life I will ever have!  You guys seriously need to contact me so I can drag them back for next year.  But this time, I'm bringing some caffine pills for my friend so she doesn't fall asleep again.

Kuyami_Tojii@hotmail.com

I might have some trouble bringing my boyfriend back though...  I think his glomp cherry was popped a bit too harshly.  He just might have been traumatized by it, if I must say.  But he's my only ride there, so I'll think of something.

- 'Hot Pants'
My dream:  Catch Tamaki while in his Corner of Woe.  >3 ~ <3

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2007, 01:52:07 pm »
:D What kind of interest is there in a Random Panel of Doom for the 2007 convention?

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2007, 08:29:51 pm »
I am Yojimbo this year but I want to join the panel again if it gets started again
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2007, 02:08:54 pm »
Panelist Role Call.

If you were a panelist for the Random Panel last summer please send an e-mail to otakuinstrumentalityproject@gmail.com

Thanks

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 07:25:36 pm »
I know I will probably be beaten with reeds for asking such a noob question... but what kind of topics are at the Random panel?  and is it listed in the schedual?

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2007, 09:02:24 pm »
I have yet to submit the forms for the panel, I'm waiting on a few things (including e-mail responses from certain people). However, I plan on getting the forms in and hopefully (with approval) it will be put onto the schedule.

In essence, the random panel was (without trying to sound cliche and pretentious) completely random. It was not a planned panel last year, and it just basically started with two guys from Seaside and my cousin and I. It snowballed into a talk show like panel that involved a lot of just completely random events (including PRS between a Mexican Pope and a Pirate, a massively awesome game of Bigger-or-Better and a Distance/Quantity glomp contest). The panel was for con-goers and by con-goers, which is something I hope will be carried on in this year's panel.

Oh, on the subject of "What topics did the panel cover", the Random Panel covered everything except Anime. Well... not exactly true, but anime wasn't a main focus. The topic was more of social interaction with peers. Yeah, something wise like that.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2007, 11:27:15 pm »
Quote from: "Ayaroki"

Glomp contest, anyone?

<3

can you feel the love
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Yubi na Korosu

• Oni
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2007, 09:11:54 am »
I seriously can not wait to see what will end up coming up as topics this year!  I might find myself some interesting information and events to stick into my novel!  ^^

:: Does the Yubi is awesome dance ::

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2007, 09:38:50 pm »
Quote from: "AzuKyo"
Oh, on the subject of "What topics did the panel cover", the Random Panel covered everything except Anime. Well... not exactly true, but anime wasn't a main focus. The topic was more of social interaction with peers. Yeah, something wise like that.

Define "wise" for me : )

--

Anyway, have you tried PMing all the people who said, in the earlier posts, they ran the panel?

I dunno, I think there will be many different panel leaders for it this year (is it happens) since.... Well, the first time, most were just volunteers, or random people that just went up.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2007, 10:27:25 pm »
The small room with all wihte walls downstauirs.... I memeber it was crowded with people and someone told me it was the fangil panel, and then I got grabbed into it, but then they started talking about glomping and I got used as an example cause of my long Serneity hair xD So Im not sure where I was, lol.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2007, 10:37:35 pm »

Anyway, have you tried PMing all the people who said, in the earlier posts, they ran the panel?

I dunno, I think there will be many different panel leaders for it this year (is it happens) since.... Well, the first time, most were just volunteers, or random people that just went up.

I've e-mailed everyone who expressed interested in returning as a panelist and who was a panelist last time.

The thing about the Random Panel is that everyone is a volunteer, the panel is for con-goers by con-goers. The audience runs it, the panelists are just essentially MCs. My idea for the panel is that no panelist chair is sacred and we're all (even myself) members of the audience at our roots. Think of it as a communist panel without the whole human factor that messes communist up (of course there is a human factor to the panel, but for my comparison it should be ignored in regards to communism).

Offline syuriken

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2007, 09:41:20 am »
everyone seems to be forgetting the GREAT song that became our final event, and closing anthem.  The entire crowd joined in!
Cosplay 2009

+ Irvine Kinneas [Final Fantasy VIII]

Offline leonmasteries

• Catgirl
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2007, 06:24:24 pm »
oh, sorry, guess I didn't put my email in this forum (this be the pirate from the con last year) sorry, been busy and am barely able to get on now adays, but anywho, if you guy's would let me, id love to be apart of the random panel again... my email is jish55@yahoo.com if you guy's want me back... ill also talk to the creepy van guy for you because I keep in touch with him.

Offline Yubi na Korosu

• Oni
Re: The random panel of doom XD
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2007, 09:08:14 pm »
everyone seems to be forgetting the GREAT song that became our final event, and closing anthem.  The entire crowd joined in!
Fear not, for Yubi has this covered!  I make an effort to stress just how appropriate the ending to the panel was by explaining the song in vivid details.

Long live the Lone Convention Guitarist!

Offline Crazy_Van_Guy

• Oni
Re: The random panel of doom XD
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2007, 07:23:12 pm »
HELLS BUTTON YES!!! I'LL BE THERE IN ALL MY CRAZY VAN GOODNESS!!! BUTTONS TO THE WORLD!