Author Topic: Thanks anime music lovers!  (Read 3617 times)

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
Thanks anime music lovers!
« on: September 07, 2006, 09:59:02 pm »
On behalf of Hornfreak (Hector) and myself (Carlos aka cpardo/hkaddict) thanks very much for listening to us play anime music in lobby and the other areas of the hotel, and giving us money when you could've used it to buy pocky and ramune.  But you paid for our dinner that Saturday night!

Also thanks for supporting us at halftime at the idol karaoke contest.  Kudos to Roy too.

I wonder: would anyone be interested, if we had a musical panel at Kumori Con or another con, would you care to attend to hear us play and perhaps a Q and A afterward?  Let us know!
Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline JimmyDarkside

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/jimmydarkside
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 10:13:54 pm »
Dude, I watched you (or just hornfreak?  Can't recall that well.)  sneak up on the Spike and Ed and start playing.  It was so funny.  I heard you both playing in the lobby too.  XDD  Great job.
KumoriCon '07
Kino - Kino no Tabi
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BOX!  GIVE ME THE BOX!!!!
-Boxes collected so far: 3
--SakuraCon 06 - Closing Ceremonies
--KumoriCon 06 - In line for something
--SakuraCon 07 - Club Sakura Dance

Offline MHHornfreak

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 10:46:27 pm »
Yes indeed i had a great time!  Thanks for coaxing me into going to Kumoricon Carlos!  Maybe next year i'll have my songlist as organized as Carlos and me and him can coordinate better.  

Like he said thanks for listening!  It's always fun to play anime and videogame themes at conventions!

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 12:44:39 am »
you guys were great! That'd be cool if you had a panel =D
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 09:12:52 am »
Awesome, I knew one of you was the guy from Sakura-con this year! It was cool hearing you guys play, even if I only got to listen briefly as I was running around working.

I'd definitely attend a panel like that if I had the time here at Kcon or at Sakura-con!
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 02:10:22 pm »
it was great when you were playing the Dragon Quest theme XD maybe we can do something together next con or something, always willing to try new stuff on the flute!
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
panel
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 07:33:29 pm »
If we do have a panel, we could have a brief request period with other instrumentalists, or just play in the hall like before.  We've played with a flute player before.
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Mr. Manifold

• Oni
    • http://www.MisterManifold.com
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 10:06:48 am »
You guys were awesome! I listened to you play in the lobby on Monday and you gave the place a great atmosphere until the hotel staff asked you to relocate...

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 05:10:56 pm »
Yeah, it was fun hearing you guys play, and I couldn't help not to hum along to songs I was addicted to :P

I'm sure there are alot of people that'd be interested in you running a panel, so I hope you get some good feedback on that ;)

I hope, also, that I can hear you guys play again next year!!

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
thanks
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 08:45:48 pm »
Thanks manifold.  I liked your cosplay, your crossplay actually-I dabble in it myself.  

Yeah it seems some hotel staff gave everyone a hard time, but usually on the last day of con, the hotel people go back to their business selves and figure "no need to be as polite anymore."  But whatever...

I thought of first trying a panel at Sakura Con.  If it goes well, then we can bring it to Kumori Con.  So of course we'll be playing again next year!
cosplayer, reporter

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 09:39:36 pm »
I must say that I loved hearing you play at the con. =3 It was so relaxing to just sit down and take a break while listening to your music. My friends and I had fun playing 'Guess that Anime Tune'. It's great to hear that you'll both me back next year!

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 09:53:56 pm »
Yes, thanks!  I walked into the loby at one point to hear a jazzy rendition of the Dai Guard theme.  It was great!

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
playing Dai-guard
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2006, 06:20:36 pm »
Oh thanks again.  Dai-guard is one of our staples, and we're always increasing our repertoire.  We're working on adding more "old school" anime series tunes to our list (s), as well as adding a bassist to our group.  I remember seeing a Witch Hunter Robin walk by and I start playing the op. theme, and she looks back and is like, "hey!"  It's good to have a variety of stuff to play!
cosplayer, reporter