Author Topic: AMV Show is READY!  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Show is READY!
« on: August 30, 2006, 10:05:52 pm »
YEEEEEEE-ka-ba-BOOM  (That's 'Yee-haw' at around Mach 2.7 - The emoticons don't include Schlieren lines[1] for a double shock wave.)

Just finished sequencing the hour-and-a-half AMV show which follows the contest!

Besides "Various" type AMV's with two, seven, or twenty-odd series (and a few VERY odd series at that,) we have a mix of about 1/3 trailer types & TV show spooves [2], 40% music-focused videos, including some STUNNING cuts, transitions & other effects, and the rest are fun, parody, or (you have been warned,) things that are just plain INSANE. Even includes an AMV parody of a someone ELSE's very successful effects vid which was so wayyy popular back in the day / about 2 years earlier.

Other anime series I noted, offhand:

Advent Children [3]
Ah! Megamisama
Azumanga Daioh
City Hunter
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
Inu Yasha
Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
One Piece
Phantom Quest Corp
Sailor Moon
Samurai Champloo
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Vampire Hunter D

Hope to see you there!

[2] hoof/hooves - so spoof/"spooves?"

[3] Seriously - since we have Advent covered, somebody should now make 'Lenten Children,' using the sound effects from the penitents marching by in 'Monty Python and the Holy Grail:' ('Pie Jesu Dominem <whack> dona eis requiem <whack>')

- - - - -

Now just ONE more scene for my contest ender left!

must ... not .. sleep...

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
AMV Show is READY!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 10:10:55 pm »
kuuuule can't wait to see them!
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
AMV Show is READY!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 10:13:11 pm »
oooh i'm quite excited! Last year i only was able to see 2, because my friend wanted to do something else. However, this year there are four of us and one other loves amv's as much as i do so we can watch them while the others go do whatever else they want to. ^-^
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya