Author Topic: creation station  (Read 3212 times)

Offline miaki

• Cabbit
creation station
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:40:45 pm »
ok, so a very good friend of mine has asked me to help demostrate some copic markers at the creation station. i've gone through the schedule and the only thing that is related to it is 'Feedback on Creation Station' and 'Plan future Creation Station'

is the creation station in teh "fanfic" room or what? i'm just horribly confused
visit My Deviant Art Account

Kumoricon 06:
Day 1 - Killua (HunterXHunter)
Day 2 - Haruhi (Ouran Host Club)
Day 3 - Shinsengumi person (my traditional K-con outfit, ever since 03) or Tetsu (Peacemaker Kurogane)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
creation station
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 09:04:05 pm »
Yes the creation station is in the fanfic room, allthough are you in the fanfic room or I see two copic markers panels in workshop 1.   Do you need paper for the demo?  I have a case of 11 x 15 copier paper I'm donating to the creation station but your welcom to lug it from eugene yourself
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
creation station
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 09:13:06 pm »
The Creation Station is fanfics, fanart, all sorts of good stuff. We have all manner of art and writing supplies already, but I'm not sure if we have unlined paper. Rem would know, she's the head of it.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
creation station
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 09:18:49 pm »
The creation station has a case of unlined paper it's in my workshop
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
creation station
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 09:46:58 pm »
Yay! *hugs and kisses*

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
creation station
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 10:00:29 pm »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
Yay! *hugs and kisses*

rather than hugs would you want to take a box of paper a box of sewing supplies if your in eugene.  If I take the sewing machine and the 3 tubs of suppliues for my demo I dont want to over load radien's car
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline miaki

• Cabbit
creation station
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2006, 10:17:04 pm »
i was asked to do a demo with copic markers, the actual representative of copic markers is doing the workshops. she's so much better than i. haven't used copics in months, but i've been around them for years so it will be a piece of cake (plus i've helped out in last years copic booth and will be helping out this year as well)

i think we're ok with the paper. Marianne Walker, who's doing the workshops, is bringing everything. i'm most certain.

thank you for clearing that up for me ^^
visit My Deviant Art Account

Kumoricon 06:
Day 1 - Killua (HunterXHunter)
Day 2 - Haruhi (Ouran Host Club)
Day 3 - Shinsengumi person (my traditional K-con outfit, ever since 03) or Tetsu (Peacemaker Kurogane)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
creation station
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 10:20:33 am »
Quote from: "miaki"
i was asked to do a demo with copic markers, the actual representative of copic markers is doing the workshops. she's so much better than i. haven't used copics in months, but i've been around them for years so it will be a piece of cake (plus i've helped out in last years copic booth and will be helping out this year as well)

i think we're ok with the paper. Marianne Walker, who's doing the workshops, is bringing everything. i'm most certain.

thank you for clearing that up for me ^^

Sorry I have been sick and not online.....Marianne is wonderful and Copics are amazing. Marianne gives workshops on Copics at cons; at AX, she had about 400 in attendance!

I do not know by whom you were asked to do any demo in the Creation Station. I do not believe you and I have met. You are more than welcome to give any kind of workshop you want at the CS if you desire to, but the only person with whom I had spoken about presenting anything related to Copics in a workshop would be:
(a) In the       panel, our several panelists, already in place, will talk about, amongst other things, their favorite tools for creating their art forms, which logically will include Copics;
(b) The person whom I have only met online, Kerry/Bastett, who is helping judge the Coloring Page and Chibi art contests in the Creation Station, had at one point offered to orient people who come to the Creation Station to experiment with Copics, to some clues about how to use them. There is at 11 am on Saturday something I was calling "Intro to Creation Station Contests & Supplies". This was so people who came into the room knew how to borrow our generous loaner stock from Marianne, and the rules for our art contests. This was not meant to be equivalent in any way to Marianne's workshop, though Kerry/Bastett had mentioned wanting to give a few pointers regarding using the "nibs" correctly and such. Perhaps this is the friend who had asked for your help?

Again, you are more than welcome to come to the C.S. and participate in any way that is comfortable for you. I'm sorry that you were having any confusion.

As for unlined paper, our wonderful con chair is also donating some. I do not presently have lined paper, nor any money to front to purchase any. I am very sorry about that.

Love to all,
Ellen/Rem
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).