Author Topic: Naruto 2 tourney!  (Read 18803 times)

Naruto 2 tourney!
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:35:38 pm »
Since Naruto is one of the most popular anime's in the US lately, I think we need a Naruto 2 (gamecube) tournament!
It's an awesome game, and very popular too!

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 07:48:07 pm »
its definately a must at the convention. Naruto2 is the ultimate fighting game
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Cap'n Power(Applegeeks)...maybe
Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
naruto game!?
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 11:37:48 pm »
I would love to try it out....!
-A.I-

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 06:54:32 am »
If needed i could bring the game, freeloader, and my memory card.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

DMStudios

umm. . . .
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2004, 12:18:15 pm »
Will we have time to play the game before hand?  I've only read the first 3 volumes of the English version, and haven't seen any of the Anime, but I'm interested in playing it.  I'm a natural at fighting games.  I haven't played Naruto 2 yet, but everybody says it is an awesome game. So yeah.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2004, 02:41:00 pm »
then let the beatings begin!!!  :twisted:
Me and my friends,some of which are also going to the convention, have gotten really good at the game. i guaritee you'll find out why i have been nicknamed roadkill.  :lol:
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2004, 01:13:15 am »
i will play.

if there is asuma...

and maybe if there isnt.
just let me get used to the controls... dont pwn me 2 bads.
*is willing to ninja duel anyone who challenges*

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 10:29:37 am »
I'll think about it  :twisted:
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2004, 12:41:43 pm »
heh heh ok folks. you guys can enjoy your naruto game, but as you are all pretty good at it i assume, we can play Smash Bros for N64 for my glory. i'll bring it if there are any takers. c'mon its a great game. (pika-CHUUUU!!!!!!)

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2004, 10:17:40 pm »
You can't forget the jigglypuff!! XD
-A.I-

Tetris

Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2004, 08:19:05 am »
I like Naruto for PS2 alot better. It takes more skill to be good at it than for the Gamecube.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2004, 01:38:55 pm »
U sure bout that? the PS2 doesn't have 4 0n 4 free for all making it a lot easier to get good on the PS2 than on GC. On the GC set difficulty to max then go against any 3 computers after putting them all on a team then tell me its easy. i guarintee the match will not even last 2 minutes and u'll be lucky to do any damage to them at all.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2004, 03:55:16 pm »
SSB for N64, I was God with Kirby :)  Nothing can stop me!

Offline Sarutobi_Asuma

• Sailor Scout
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2004, 06:56:33 pm »
Then I accept your challenge...

...if someone brings SSB for N64... hell no am I playing the GCN one...

pikachu is the master!!!!!!

Offline celticangel

• Sailor Scout
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2004, 07:23:50 pm »
I'd be up for a Naruto2 Tourney. I won't make it very far, but...it's still a fun game.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2004, 03:22:12 pm »
Maybe to make it fair i'll make it 2 on 2 team tourney.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Reina

• Cabbit
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 11:42:54 pm »
Anyone remember/can tell me who won? I had to leave in the beggining of teams...
Set loose your Inner Sakura!

Offline celticangel

• Sailor Scout
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2004, 12:46:53 am »
When they were announcing the winners of all of the video game tourneys at Closing Ceremonies, they never mentioned Naruto. It made me sad.

Offline Zenn

• Chibi
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2004, 04:57:29 pm »
ok i'll announce the winners since i was there for the tourney. for the 2 on 2 teams Ben Barrett And Donny Hulin won. in the 4 player free for all the winners were as such: Donny Hulin, Kevin Herman(a.k.a Zenn), Jeff McJunkin, and Ben Barrett. in 1 on 1 first place was Me, Second was Ben and third was Donny.  

somehow i thought the tourney would turn out similar to this. me and my friends invested 200+hours on the game before the con so it was a little unfair to the rest of the players. even though we were the best players there there were a few ppl that kad just started over the weekend and they, by the end of the con had improoved enough to be considered competition. so, to all who oppose us build your skills over the year and we'll see ya on the battlefield in the "Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen 3" tournament.
2008 Kumoricon costumes:

Mousse(Ranma ½)

Offline Reina

• Cabbit
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2004, 08:29:29 pm »
Quote from: "Zenn"
ok i'll announce the winners since i was there for the tourney. for the 2 on 2 teams Ben Barrett And Donny Hulin won. in the 4 player free for all the winners were as such: Donny Hulin, Kevin Herman(a.k.a Zenn), Jeff McJunkin, and Ben Barrett. in 1 on 1 first place was Me, Second was Ben and third was Donny.  

somehow i thought the tourney would turn out similar to this. me and my friends invested 200+hours on the game before the con so it was a little unfair to the rest of the players. even though we were the best players there there were a few ppl that kad just started over the weekend and they, by the end of the con had improoved enough to be considered competition. so, to all who oppose us build your skills over the year and we'll see ya on the battlefield in the "Naruto Gekito Ninja Taisen 3" tournament.

Ah, finnally, answers! Arigato! I figured it'd turn out something like that, considering most who won had 200+ hours sucked out of their life by it. ^^ Bit unfair, but hella fun anyways. Being able to use infinite homing shurikens didn't hurt either. I'll come back on your challenge next con...if theres a remote possibility I can play any more of the Naruto games untill then...$5 says I lose again. ;)

Naruto Tournament
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 08:46:32 pm »
Hey, my name's Ben Barrett :) I was the guy that organized the tournament.  Why they didn't announce the winners was because the tournament was unofficial.  Aah, storytelling time :) At the beginning of the convention I asked one of the people in charge downstairs if I could host a Naruto tournament in my room, since I noticed there were a LOT of Naruto cosplayers, so I figured it would be somewhat popular.  I figured it would only be a few people that wanted to compete, but it turned out to be very popular.  When the names filled up the page of the tournament roster, I showed that same guy in charge and he was all "wow :)", so I asked him if we could use a TV down there for the tournament, and he said 'yah, ya can have the big TV used by the DDR people from 8pm ta 10pm.'  About a few hours later when they changed the times for their official tournaments, I noticed that the Smash bros tourney started at 6pm and the next tourney was at 10pm, which was the Mario Kart one.  So I went and asked the same guy if we could have the projector after the Smash bros tourney as long as we were done by 10pm, and he checked w/ the bigwigs and decided that was ok.
So basically, we got all the official stuff of a tournament, but no official tournament if that makes any sense...  Also, I was going to buy some prizes for the winners, but due to some hotel pricing complications I ended up with literally no money the last two days.  I was literally living off of the hotel's complimentary apples.... thank god for apples...

dmstudios3

nani!!!????
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2004, 09:35:50 am »
hotel's complimentary apples....
 Those apples were complimentary?  I wanted one so bad, but I didn't know they were free!  Arrggh!!!

Anyway, Naruto 2 is an awesome game.  I would get it but my friends wouldn't play it for too long.  They haven't seen the anime.  I just started watching it.  The subtitles are almost off the bottom of the screen, so I'm just barely getting the story.  The action's cool though.  About the game, I don't even have a Gamecube.  I know, I'm sad.  

And by the way, I was the one that played Sharingan Kakashi on the double Kakashi/S. Kakashi/Sasuke team.  Go Double Groundhog Decapitation Technique!!!   Muah ha ha!!!!

Offline Reina

• Cabbit
Re: nani!!!????
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2004, 02:27:08 pm »
Quote from: "dmstudios3"

Anyway, Naruto 2 is an awesome game.  I would get it but my friends wouldn't play it for too long.  They haven't seen the anime.  I just started watching it.  The subtitles are almost off the bottom of the screen, so I'm just barely getting the story.  The action's cool though.  About the game, I don't even have a Gamecube.  I know, I'm sad.  

And by the way, I was the one that played Sharingan Kakashi on the double Kakashi/S. Kakashi/Sasuke team.  Go Double Groundhog Decapitation Technique!!!   Muah ha ha!!!!

Were you that one chick who always was Kakashi and proceeded to kick my ass throughout the con or am I just confusing you with someone else? :?

dmstudios3

no. . . .
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2004, 08:56:00 pm »
I was the guy who won the Best Solo in Karaoke and 3 Music Video Awards (Trigun - 500 miles).  I also won the Soul Calibur 2 tourney.  D-Man

I kept groundhog decapitating people.

Re: no. . . .
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2004, 10:10:18 am »
I was the guy who won the Best Solo in Karaoke and 3 Music Video Awards (Trigun - 500 miles).  I also won the Soul Calibur 2 tourney.  D-Man

Oh, sorry man! Now I remember you... I honestly think I have the memory of a goldfish. :lol:

Offline Reina

• Cabbit
Re: no. . . .
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2004, 10:13:45 am »
Quote from: "Anonymous"

Oh, sorry man! Now I remember you... I honestly think I have the memory of a goldfish. :lol:

Oops, that was me ^^;;

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Naruto 2 tourney!
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2004, 11:11:02 am »
i entered the comp and well slept  while it went on why me why me
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.