Author Topic: Regarding Age-Limits & Registration  (Read 2174 times)

Offline Lunarae

• Cabbit
Regarding Age-Limits & Registration
« on: August 29, 2006, 11:49:46 pm »
I'm pre-registered and set to go, but I have a younger relative who has recently expressed interest in attending. She is 12. I read somewhere that child registrations (13 & under) were only available during the pre-registration period. Is this true?

If child registrations turn out to be available at the door, would there be one-day passes available for them, or would a full weekend pass have to be purchased? (I am over 18, so I would be her guardian.)

Also, regarding the dances, I understand there's one starting at 8pm on Saturday and another at midnight on Sunday. Are there age limits for one or both of these dances? Thanks in advance for any help.
SakuraCon '05 Badge Name: MyMy

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Regarding Age-Limits & Registration
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 08:56:41 am »
Yes, the registrations (one day for $20) are available, but unfortunately as far as I can tell you cannot act as her guardian. For attendees 12 and under, their parent(s) or legal guardian have to be with them at all times. I don't believe "appointed" guardians (by the parent/legal guardian signing something saying you are their guardian for the con) are allowed for 12 and under.

The curfew policy: 17and under have to be in their rooms/on the way home/not at the con by midnight. 13-17 I believe is allowed after midnight as long as they are with their appointed guardian.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Regarding Age-Limits & Registration
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 05:38:21 pm »
Quote from: "Lunarae"
Also, regarding the dances, I understand there's one starting at 8pm on Saturday and another at midnight on Sunday.

I'm pretty sure there's only one dance on Saturday.  I know there were some ideas of another being on Sunday but I don't think it was approved.

And Trumby mentioned the curfew policy during the dance.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
Re: Regarding Age-Limits & Registration
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 06:48:21 pm »
I'm pre-registered and set to go, but I have a younger relative who has recently expressed interest in attending. She is 12. I read somewhere that child registrations (13 & under) were only available during the pre-registration period. Is this true?

Nope.  You can get child reg at the door - that's not a problem.  Trumby already mentioned price, so I'll just skip that.

If child registrations turn out to be available at the door, would there be one-day passes available for them, or would a full weekend pass have to be purchased? (I am over 18, so I would be her guardian.)

registration@kumoricon.org or operations@kumoricon.org (preferably the first one) are who you'd want to talk to about that.  I don't know how 12-and-unders are being handled this year regarding the chaperone thing, but one of those might be able to get you the info you would need.

Also, regarding the dances, I understand there's one starting at 8pm on Saturday and another at midnight on Sunday. Are there age limits for one or both of these dances? Thanks in advance for any help.

Only age requirements regarding the dance are the curfew requirements and standard minors requirements in the policies.  Though the con does have a bit of adult-only content, these will be clearly marked (and ID checked, not just your badge), and the dance is not among those.

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=