Author Topic: Being Curtious at the convention.  (Read 3037 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Being Curtious at the convention.
« on: August 27, 2006, 09:40:56 am »
I know that everyone will be so excited to be at Kumoricon this year and well, some of us might loose our judgement on the way to the hotel, so lets just remember to have common Curtiousy at the convention. :)

There might just be people staying at the hotel (Bless their hearts) that aren't aware there will be 1000+ cosplay-clad anime fans there too. So if you get a weird stare, just smile back, don't be rude. :] If they ask you about what's going on tell them, it's not like they're trying to sabotage anything... they just chose the wrong hotel. xD Also be curtious to children... If you don't think you should be wearing something (reavealing, ect) then don't.

Also, please try to clean up after yourselves in your hotel rooms. I remember last year I didn't leave the maid a tip and... we basicly trashed our room (I know have a very guilty consence about it).  
And taken (from what I remember) from last years con bok, try and be quiet in the early hours, some people might not share your entusiasm at 4am.

oh yes and...
Shower.
Seriously looking to impress girls? Shower. Everyday.
The con will still be there when you get back. :]

Ayone else have anything to add? I think we should all be polite to the hotel staff. xD

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:45:47 am »
That's very true and kind to point out.

Yeah, it's going to be quite a culture shock to those who are not in the con but I agree, lets just keep it low-key and be kind to others.  We are only human and they don't understand our world.  Hehehe.  Hell, I don't understand there's too much, either.

I would also suggest that queeling and other behavior be kept to a minimum in certain area's.  This is a bussiness spot for people who are on duty or a job occassion so be kind and courteous in that way.  Trust me, it's not easy for myself but I'm going to keep it low-key in the lobby but come the rooms.... I'm on full squeel mode!  Heheheh.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.  I'm thrilled that it's so close and I haven't roomed at this Red Lion before.  Great choice in hotels.  I love the Red Lion.  Out of the 15 different hotels I've been to I think I like the Red Lion the best.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 03:17:10 pm »
aw y'all so nice. thinking about other people and how they feel....too bad I'm not like that huh? lolx
good post though! unfortunatly...i was not effected...I LUFF EU GUYS
STAY NICE
I like goats.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 06:34:30 pm »
Don't run through the halls at top speed.  Given the number of costumes that could have parts sticking out such as a sword, part of a dress, you're bound to run or tear into something.

If there is an elevator, don't scare the norms inside unless it's obvious they all find the convention amusing.  I remember one couple who wouldn't even go into the elevator and took the stairs instead when a number of us were waiting for it to come.  (We were on the 12th floor)

Offline Panda

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.theOtaku.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 08:10:34 pm »
Very good thread. If we as con goers leave a bad impression with the hotel they won't let us come back in the future. Damaged rooms, complaints from other non convention guests and such will ruin the reputation of the convention as well as anime fans in general.

If you are going to be rooming with several people take large garbage bags to help keep your room clean. Housekeeping will appreciate it. Remember if you are using lots of make up or hair dyes to bring your own towels. Don't ruin the hotel towels. It would also be wise to use them over your pillow at night so you don't stain the pillowcases with hair dyes. Tips for the housekeepers are always welcome too.

Keep the noise level to a respectable level. Be considerate of other hotel guests.

Don't glomp cosplayers without permission. Too many costumes are damaged, as well as cosplayers, by surprise attacks by rabid fangirls/boys.

Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator / Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 03:29:31 am »
lol, I know full well how unnerving connies can be, even if it isn't anime. My step father is a 2nd degree black belt in Jujitsu and Judo and at one of their black blet conventions in Reno, Nevada a couple of 7th and 8th degrees were doing bonsai runs through the halls with live blade katanas!!!! Even security was scared and asked those of lower belts who weren't nearly as drunk to subdue them. Lol. Crazy martial artists!!! But we all owe it to those interesting people on that small island in the pacific!

Yay for the Japanese!!!!
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 11:26:02 am »
This guy seems to have some very helpful tips for courtesy at the convention. If I was brining any fake weapons, I would certainly run the grandma test.

Seriously though, good thread :). It's a little disturbing how often the reminder for "shower" is placed. It shows up more often than it does on the DDR boards!

Offline SephiChan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 06:13:48 pm »
I really appreciate that other people have the same attitude about courtesy. All too often have I run into smelly con goers, cosplayers in costumes so inappropriate you're ashamed whether or not you have a kid with you, and other attendees whose behavior is incredibly inappropriate.
So, I'm glad that at least a few people posting here and reading these comments have the courtesy to do so. Way to be, guys.

And Ask a Ninja is the best. XD