Author Topic: In need of fangirls  (Read 5063 times)

Offline lucrezia03

• Cabbit
    • http://home.graffiti.net/nimue1540:graffiti.net/
In need of fangirls
« on: August 17, 2006, 09:46:16 am »
I'm a member of a cosplay group called the Shoujo Mafia. We participated at the last Kumoricon cosplay contest and at Sakuracon we won two awards. For this Kumoricon we are looking for two(or more) people who can play fangirls in our skit. We don't really care what costume you wear as long as it's appropriate and guys are welcome too (if you can pull it off). Please let me know if you're interested, we'd love to have you!

Offline Janice

• Cabbit
    • http://aleyed.deviantart.com
In need of fangirls
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 10:32:57 am »
Who would we be fangirling for?  Because that sounds super-fun!

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
In need of fangirls
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:33:19 pm »
hmm...sounds interesting. can you describe the role a little more specifically? :3
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
In need of fangirls
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 06:25:40 pm »
That sounds interesting. I was at sakura con this year, and I watched and video taped parts of every performance at the cosplay competition.  What did you guys do?

Offline lucrezia03

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 11:16:48 pm »
The role is for 2-3 fangirls who are at a convention and have just spotted their favorite character, and, like wild animals, attack. All you really need to do is tap into your inner(or outer) fangirl and go crazy. The character of the cosplayer will be Sophitia from Soul Calibur III.

That sounds interesting. I was at sakura con this year, and I watched and video taped parts of every performance at the cosplay competition. What did you guys do?

I'm really excited to hear that you taped it! We did the skit titled Revolutionary Private Eye Utena. I've been trying to hunt down a video from the competition, so if you've got some footage of us I'd be more than willing to pay for a copy.

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
In need of fangirls
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:23:22 pm »
Quote from: "lucrezia03"

I'm really excited to hear that you taped it! We did the skit titled Revolutionary Private Eye Utena. I've been trying to hunt down a video from the competition, so if you've got some footage of us I'd be more than willing to pay for a copy.

I remember that skit!  It was really good!  I don't have the whole thing, just some clips of it.  But if I find it, I'll definitely post it :D

Edit: shoot, guess I only took pictures of it, sorry :(

Offline lucrezia03

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 11:31:53 pm »
I remember that skit! It was really good! I don't have the whole thing, just some clips of it. But if I find it, I'll definitely post it  

Edit: shoot, guess I only took pictures of it, sorry

Well, thanks for trying, I'm sure I'll find one eventually. I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures if you've got them though.

Offline brushfire0

• Cabbit
Re: In need of fangirls
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2006, 12:33:26 am »
Quote from: "lucrezia03"
I'm a member of a cosplay group called the Shoujo Mafia. We participated at the last Kumoricon cosplay contest and at Sakuracon we won two awards. For this Kumoricon we are looking for two(or more) people who can play fangirls in our skit. We don't really care what costume you wear as long as it's appropriate and guys are welcome too (if you can pull it off). Please let me know if you're interested, we'd love to have you!

I wouldn't mind being a fangirl if your still in need. I'm cosplaying as Sakura from Tsubasa, the dream dress and the dragon queen. Is that appropriate for your needs?

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
In need of fangirls
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2006, 10:07:51 am »
Twould be fun but I might not be able to make it to the contest.  I'm working on alot of art work for the con.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
In need of fangirls
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2006, 11:42:33 am »
Well, that does sound intriguing...

So there wouldn't be any lines, just glompage?

I'll be going as SnJ Kakashi, a Plain-clothes Excel from Excel Saga, and a Fashion Ninja ((description coming soon >.<))

But I'm a first year cos-player, so I'm wary.
Though theatre be vai fun, and skits are all the better. ;)
Hmmm what to do next year?

Who saw the SnJ Kakashi?!

Offline Kasa

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2006, 02:52:43 pm »
I'm game, but would it involve much time outside of the actual event??  I am coming in costume, but it's just a pink french maid costume that I got together at the last minute... ^^;;  It should be plenty appropriate, I think, but I'll have back-up clothes!  and, I know that I'm prob'ly not the best recomendation, but I give some mighty wicked glomps!!! ^^

and I saw you guys at Sakura Con, that was hilarious!!!
2014 Cosplay:
~Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
    Workout and Plain-clothes
~Rose Lalonde from Homestuck
~Punk Growlithe from Pokemon

Offline lucrezia03

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 11:24:54 am »
Wow, I didn't realize there had been so many replies since I last checked here, so I apologize for being so late. Yes, the part doesn't require any lines, just physical acting. In order to do this you definately need to be able to get to three things:

1) We'll be doing our own rehearsal probably on the first day of the convention. It should only take about ten minutes to get aquainted and run through the skit
2) The mandatory rehearsal for the competition, probably on Sunday
3) And of course the actual cosplay event also on Sunday

So if you can make it to those three things, and you have a costume to wear, please private message me with your first name and phone number, so that I can reach you if necessary. I think we'll take as many fangirls as want to be involved, and first-timers are welcome. So let me know if you're interested, and I think we'll have a lot of fun competing.

and I saw you guys at Sakura Con, that was hilarious!!!

Thanks! We had a great time with that skit.

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
In need of fangirls
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2006, 04:56:32 pm »
I'm in where do we meet?
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
In need of fangirls
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2006, 09:46:35 pm »
I agree with {m} it is a very interesting idea... I am going as SnJ Iruka, plain clothes Hyatt, and Fashion Ninja! Also first time cosplayer so I am also tentative...
Secrety secrets!

Offline lucrezia03

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2006, 09:03:29 am »
For anyone else who is interested in being a part of the skit we are meeting for our first rehearsal at 2:00 PM on Saturday in front of the info booth. Feel free to show up if you'd like to, everyone is welcome, however, as I've said before, be sure that you can commit to the three events if you want to be a part of it.

Offline nonomi

• Cabbit
In need of fangirls
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 12:03:42 pm »
I'd love to if I was going. ;_;
Thinking hurts and thoughts dont rhyme.
To those of us who've never tried to find a face behind our lipstick smiles, and as our pretty faces die our broken hearts will wonder why the makeup just won't hide the scars of time.