Poll

Are you cosplaying as a Naruto Character?

Yup yup! X3
8 (29.6%)
Nah, its over done...
5 (18.5%)
No, I have a much better Idea than that ^_^
14 (51.9%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: August 22, 2006, 11:48:42 pm

Author Topic: n00b cosplayer has a quetion ^_^  (Read 4292 times)

Offline Zappa

• Oni
n00b cosplayer has a quetion ^_^
« on: August 22, 2006, 11:48:42 pm »
Ok ok... I want to cosplay as Rock Lee from Naruto, but I dont want to have to dress in teh green spandex that he wears. Is it totally un-cool to kind of... I dunno, recreate teh outfit but still keep to teh same character?

Ex: instead of Green spandex pants I wear tighter green jeans, ect.

meh...? :(
Hell hath no fury like a woman's scorn for Sega...

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 12:05:01 am »
First of, welcome to the forums! ^^ I'm Catgirl Rin Rin AKA Victoria! Nice to meetcha, Zappa-Chan!

Naruto! Woo! I've never seen it but have heard great things about it. Hehe, it should be fine to wear tighter green jeans, as long as you are comfortable. There aren't many rules while cosplaying, although there are some no nudity or uncapped weapons and such ^^;

But yes! If you are comfy, that's great! If some people, with closed minds, see it as "Uncool", let them think that. I think it's great if you altered it your way to suit how you feel about it.

*Gives you pie* Go you! \^_^/
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Zappa

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:06:43 am »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"
First of, welcome to the forums! ^^ I'm Catgirl Rin Rin AKA Victoria! Nice to meetcha, Zappa-Chan!

Naruto! Woo! I've never seen it but have heard great things about it. Hehe, it should be fine to wear tighter green jeans, as long as you are comfortable. There aren't many rules while cosplaying, although there are some no nudity or uncapped weapons and such ^^;

But yes! If you are comfy, that's great! If some people, with closed minds, see it as "Uncool", let them think that. I think it's great if you altered it your way to suit how you feel about it.

*Gives you pie* Go you! \^_^/

lol, okies, Ill think about it, that really makes me feel better, thanks for the warm welcome :D

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:10:42 am »
^^ Glad to make you feel better! I'll keep an eye out for a Rock Lee and if I find one, I'll say, "Tights?" And if it's you, you'll go, "No! Tight Green Jeans!" And then, if you'll allow me, I'll hug you! ^_^

Offline Zappa

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 12:12:24 am »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"
^^ Glad to make you feel better! I'll keep an eye out for a Rock Lee and if I find one, I'll say, "Tights?" And if it's you, you'll go, "No! Tight Green Jeans!" And then, if you'll allow me, I'll hug you! ^_^

Will do!  :D who will you be going as? just wondering.... ^_^

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 12:15:45 am »
I'm planning on being Pikachu, mascot style! I'm assembling it in the 4 days I'll be there early for the convention! Wondering is good! ^_^

Now don't forget, "Tights?" ;)

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 02:15:08 am »
I have seen that character done with green sweat clothes before, so I don't think will jump on you too much for it.

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 06:53:08 am »
i think i've seen one or two rock lee's at the last con ... but i don't think it was spandex, maybe cloth. ^w^ i'm a fan of naruto, so don't feel shy, i'd love to get a picture of a rock lee cosplayer! >D
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Fevenis

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 08:56:01 am »
Could always try the green spandex idea and expand on that... Maybe wearing some baggy clothing around it like some board shorts or something?

Offline Panda

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.theOtaku.com
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 09:11:59 am »
I'm with The Night Bringer on this one. I've seen several Rock Lee's done with green sweatpants and turtleneck shirts.

Cosplay is about having fun so I wouldn't stress too much over it.  :D

Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator / Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 09:23:02 am »
The people cosplaying Naruto characters in the poll = 33% right now, which sounds like a pretty accurate summery. Yay! I'm going as Iruka and I want a photo with all his students... and Rock Lee too cuz he ROCKS!

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 01:14:10 pm »
I don't care, as long as you're green and give me a big ol' Lee smile!
It's hard being pinq.

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 12:22:45 am »
I've actually seen some great cosplayers of Naruto and other anime characters that had COMPLETELY different costumes, yet you could tell who they were. Like a few ANBU Sasuke and stuff....

I honestly don't know how it would work for Lee, so I can't help out much, sorry ^^''

What I would do is get someone to make a fanart of a character with a whole bunch of extra accessories and try to make a cosplay of it ^^ But then again, my ideas are overrated :P

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 09:22:53 am »
The materials used don't matter so much, as long as the costume still looks like the character (like if you used vinyl or something shiny for Lee's bodysuit instead of not shiny, then people would probably say something).

As has been said, people use a lot of different thing to do it. In all honesty, I would probably say to stay away from a spandex type bodysuit anyway, because that might give *too* tight a look for Lee. Plus if you have to go to the bathroom you're in a world of trouble getting that thing off <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 01:03:23 am »
I say go with the green spandex (because I think it's cool. XD )
But do whatever makes you comfortable.