Author Topic: Costume contest?  (Read 4922 times)

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
Costume contest?
« on: August 22, 2006, 04:24:28 pm »
Is there going to be a costume contest this year? If so where at?
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Costume contest?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:19:18 pm »
It's the Cosplay contest.  It's done the same time as the skits.  They usually mix them up a little so there're some skits then costume displays.

It'll be in the main area where a number of the other major events seem to be taking place.  If not, look for a looooooooong line on Sunday.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Costume contest?
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 01:22:54 am »
That reminds me! Who do we sign up with? I want to get a skit slot towards the very beginning so I can watch everyone else!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
Costume contest?
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 10:45:02 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
It's the Cosplay contest.  It's done the same time as the skits.  They usually mix them up a little so there're some skits then costume displays.

It'll be in the main area where a number of the other major events seem to be taking place.  If not, look for a looooooooong line on Sunday.

O, I see, arigato ^_^
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume contest?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 08:19:13 am »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
That reminds me! Who do we sign up with? I want to get a skit slot towards the very beginning so I can watch everyone else!

Moi. I'm the Cosplay Manager  :)

As soon as Brenda approves the cosplay rules & forms, I expect that they will be posted *somewhere* on the KumoriCon site. Once I hear they're up. I'll let you know, and you can submit yours (and thus allow me to initialize my cosplay database done in SQL 2005  :D  yippee! It will have reports that will turn into the scrips for the MC and forms for the judges...all hail my geekiness...  8)  )

As for which "slot" you get and when you're onstage, that depends on the whim of the cosplay manager (a factor of amount of sleep + alcohol the CM has had over the weekend x shoe size / amount of chocolate ) and the actual number of entrants. I might just grab my 100-sided die and randomly roll up the lineup. Then again, I may actually do it numerically (but who says it has to be ascending? And who says I have to use integers? Ok OK, I'll be "nice"... I'll save pi for you.  :D  )

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Costume contest?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 10:41:54 am »
Um... about that....
(chack the date of my post)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume contest?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 10:59:32 am »
:shock:  Oh, last year.
Well, better late than nevah! At least you know for this year what to do.
See, isn't that special.  :lol:

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Costume contest?
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2007, 06:58:07 pm »
so who won the costume contests last year?   I'd be fun to see a gallery of the top ones :)
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume contest?
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 08:24:18 am »
<scratches head>
Um..... I was one of the judges, so I should know, but I've forgotten for the most part. There were--as always--several prizes, so there's a long list of winners. I think the head of programming (brenda) kept the list since she was the one who was officially running cosplay last year. If you check old posts in cosplay chat from around the time of the convention, it may be posted there...

I know someone took photographs of all entries, but I don't know what happened to them. I never got to see the photographs, either.