Author Topic: Please help, this is confusing  (Read 2065 times)

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
Please help, this is confusing
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:11:59 pm »
I'm trying to fill out the cosplay contest form but some things aren't very clear. I've asked friends but they don't know either.
What exactly am I supposed to list under this:
Costuming notes (note all found pieces, collaborators or anything else the judges should know, attach separate sheet if needed)

do I list where we got our costumes or what...? It's confusing...

This as well
Presentation notes (note all lighting changes, scripts, sound, accessories, and other mechanics to your presentation the Cosplay Manager or tech crew should know about, attach separate sheet if needed)

We have a script, but I'm not clear on what exacly they want. Do they want a copy of the script? And the music we have to go with it, do I just say we have music and give the CD later, or must I send the music as well?
I wish the form was more clear...

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:44:11 pm »
I wish I knew more I trhink they would like your script so they have idea of what your doing
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 10:01:48 am »
I can at least help with the first question.

What they mean by that is how you acquired each part of your costume. Like, did you make it, buy it at a store, have it commissioned, etc. Pretty much what this is for is if you didn't make the majority of the costume yourself, it won't be submitted into the Costume judging aspect and will just be judged on performance.

However, if, say your friend, mom, grandma, whoever made the costume, didn't get paid for it, and is attending the con (have to have a badge) then the costume can still be entered in the costume judging part. Just, if it wins, the creator of the costume will win instead of the person wearing it.

I think I explained that well enough.

Let's tackle the 2nd question as well...

As far as I can tell, what this is asking, is pretty much everything that's happening during your skit. If you want certain lighting somewhere on the stage, on a certain person, etc, to list it. Let them know what sound effects/music you'll need and when during the skit. Accessories, pretty much anything you need on stage other than yourself/your prop weapons. Script is pretty straightforward, I assume they'll just want a copy of the script.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds