Author Topic: Who could I be?  (Read 9405 times)

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:52 pm »
This sort of topic may seem a little late, and it would be... if I hadn't already been working on a costume for this coming up con.
However, I would like to ask everyone here for some advice.
For next year - or for another convention, who could I cosplay as?

Here are some (cliche) pictures
1, 2, 3, 4

For any stats -> I weigh appx. 145 lbs, I am 5'11" and I'm slim.

Thanks in advance.
Also, hair can be changed.

Offline Dustin H

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/dustinph
Who could I be?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 07:27:13 pm »
well, given your stats you could pull off Light from Death Note or Spike from Cowboy Bebop with ease. the hair is already similar to both, except Spike's is green =D Also, you could pull off Wolfwood from Trigun.

there are plenty more you could do, i'm just telling you who you kinda look like.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Who could I be?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 07:48:15 pm »
I also think it's god to cosplay as someone from an anime you like or who's personality resembles yours if it's just a litle bit.

Like... You wouldn't want to be a total spaz if you're playing a character who's really calm or silent, ect. :)

Simple costumes would be your best chance now, unless you can get fast shipping.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 07:58:42 pm »
I think the idea for Spike or Wolfwood is good, and I've actually already  gotten a tip to perhaps be Light (Raito) from Death Note, so it's all good to check out ^^

Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
I also think it's good to cosplay as someone from an anime you like or who's personality resembles yours if it's just a little bit.

Like... You wouldn't want to be a total spaz if you're playing a character who's really calm or silent, ect. :)

Simple costumes would be your best chance now, unless you can get fast shipping.

I understand. My friend who has cosplayed a few times already has been supervising me with my first costume and has already briefed me on basic ettiquette  :lol: I plan to play the character of whoever I will be, or at the very least, just pose correctly in a photo (atleast that would be right).

I'm leaning towards Spike though because I love the show and his character so much.. but also because I think I could pull it off. I'm not going to do any costumes half-assed or anything... full green poofy hair if necessary... ^^;

I'm already finishing up a Syaoran costume for this K-con, no worries. I'm not trying to start a costume just a few weeks before the con :P

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Who could I be?
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 08:04:46 pm »
Quote from: "Paraiba"
I think the idea for Spike or Wolfwood is good, and I've actually already  gotten a tip to perhaps be Light (Raito) from Death Note, so it's all good to check out ^^

Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
I also think it's good to cosplay as someone from an anime you like or who's personality resembles yours if it's just a little bit.

I understand. My friend who has cosplayed a few times already has been supervising me with my first costume and has already briefed me on basic ettiquette  :lol: I plan to play the character of whoever I will be, or at the very least, just pose correctly in a photo (atleast that would be right).

I'm leaning towards Spike though because I love the show and his character so much.. but also because I think I could pull it off. I'm not going to do any costumes half-assed or anything... full green poofy hair if necessary... ^^;

I'm already finishing up a Syaoran costume for this K-con, no worries. I'm not trying to start a costume just a few weeks before the con :P

Heh. I love Death Note (haha, icon...) and I think it'd be nice to see some more DN cosplayers at the con.

I wish you good luck on your cosplay! Hopefully I'll see you at the con. :)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Who could I be?
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 08:37:58 pm »
I can't help but think of the characters from Wolf's Rain hehe. They're pretty easy to put together too. I even have a Kiba plushie!
I think Kiba or Hige would work...

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Who could I be?
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 08:47:37 pm »
I would say that you could definately pull off a good Wolfwood. ^^ The costume wouldn't be that hard to put together either, so that's a plus!

Good luck with whatever costume you choose!

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline JimmyDarkside

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/jimmydarkside
Who could I be?
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 09:35:59 pm »
B)  I took all but one of those pictures.  Heyhey, I was going to mention Kiba to ya, but then I didn't know if you wanted to grow out your hair.. and then I forgot all about it.  But he has the same hair color AND blue eyes.  :3
KumoriCon '07
Kino - Kino no Tabi
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE BOX!  GIVE ME THE BOX!!!!
-Boxes collected so far: 3
--SakuraCon 06 - Closing Ceremonies
--KumoriCon 06 - In line for something
--SakuraCon 07 - Club Sakura Dance

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 06:29:53 pm »
Well Kiba would be really easy besides growing out my hair.. long.. which could be interesting XD

Reconsidering Wolfwood and stuff..
it's going to be a long time before I will make another costume though, plenty of time.

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 06:45:28 pm »
ROCK LEE >=D

...well, if your hair was black, anyway.
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline shionuzuki09

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 07:56:00 pm »
Another thing to consider is if you want to be noticed a lot or not. As in if you want a lot of people to run up to you and take your pic, then you would want to pick a char from a popular series. Or if you don't, well then a series less known.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 08:52:19 pm »
Quote from: "shionuzuki09"
Another thing to consider is if you want to be noticed a lot or not. As in if you want a lot of people to run up to you and take your pic, then you would want to pick a char from a popular series. Or if you don't, well then a series less known.

I haven't thought of that ^^;
The thing is I just want to be a character that I could play well, and if that means more photographs then.. that'd be nice I guess.

As for Rock Lee... O_o; I dunno if I should be insulted XD
I would have to get eyeliner... and then practically black duct tape for eyebrows..  :lol: It's possible but I dont think that would work well for me.
He's also got a bowl cut.. yeahh lol

I kind of doubt I'll be Spike, mainly because of my looks. I'm not a great match for him and I like the show too much to try and impersonate that character.. As for Kiba, I think I could match it well if I just grew my hair out looong now, and in time for Sakura-con. The clothes would be easy to attain, too. Maybe with that in mind, if I do Kiba then I could also do another character with long brown hair? Possibilities...

Offline shionuzuki09

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 08:59:54 pm »
personally I vote for you to cosplay as Kiba. That is asuming you care about my vote lol.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 10:31:19 pm »
Haha, umm... is the guy in the background of picture 3 named uhh... Kevin or something like that? And did he used to go to Green River?

Yeah, anyways, I promise I'm not a stalker, the person in your pic just looked really familiar, and I notice you live in WA too, so I thought I'd ask. ^_^;;;

Umm, basically most of my cosplay is based on pointing at a character and being like, "1. They're cool/I like them and 2. I look and act enough like them that I could pull it off and 3. I can sucker atleast one other person to do this anime with me."

Sorry, I know you were looking for actual suggestions... hmm... *dunno*
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)

Offline JimmyDarkside

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 12:09:04 am »
Hehe, I'll answer that for you kekame.  The guy in the third picture is named Mitch.  Dunno if he went to Green River...
KumoriCon '07
Kino - Kino no Tabi

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
Who could I be?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 09:36:39 am »
You are cosplaying as Syaoran this year?! Aww! I wanna see~
Which version of him are you being?? The Tsubasa or the CCs??

Onto suggestions for cosplay... i could think of a few!

If you werent scared to wear a wig/dye your hair... i could say that you wouldnt make a bad Ichigo maybe o_o

I dont know how popular this anime is... but you could also pull off a Renton from Eureka seveN quite easily, as he has brown hair x blue eyes: Ref Pic!

Hmm... in the picture where you are looking upwards it reminds me of the Organization XIII Roxas xD;;; But then again that would involve hairdye/wig.

I definately think you could do a good Kiba! Like everyone else has said. You'd be growing out your hair a bit for that one.

Pretty much i think you could pull off alot of characters quite easily, as long as you arent ruling out getting a wig or something like that.  I could keep listing some more, but im going to stop now xD;

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 06:16:20 pm »
Quote from: "kekame"
Haha, umm... is the guy in the background of picture 3 named uhh... Kevin or something like that? And did he used to go to Green River?

Yeah, anyways, I promise I'm not a stalker, the person in your pic just looked really familiar, and I notice you live in WA too, so I thought I'd ask. ^_^;;;

Umm, basically most of my cosplay is based on pointing at a character and being like, "1. They're cool/I like them and 2. I look and act enough like them that I could pull it off and 3. I can sucker atleast one other person to do this anime with me."

Sorry, I know you were looking for actual suggestions... hmm... *dunno*

That's still good advice :)
I keep changing my mind about who I'd like to do more... maybe I'll end up having enough time to do several costumes

Quote from: "Cherry"
You are cosplaying as Syaoran this year?! Aww! I wanna see~
Which version of him are you being?? The Tsubasa or the CCs??

Onto suggestions for cosplay... i could think of a few!

If you werent scared to wear a wig/dye your hair... i could say that you wouldnt make a bad Ichigo maybe o_o

I dont know how popular this anime is... but you could also pull off a Renton from Eureka seveN quite easily, as he has brown hair x blue eyes: Ref Pic!

Hmm... in the picture where you are looking upwards it reminds me of the Organization XIII Roxas xD;;; But then again that would involve hairdye/wig.

I definately think you could do a good Kiba! Like everyone else has said. You'd be growing out your hair a bit for that one.

Pretty much i think you could pull off alot of characters quite easily, as long as you arent ruling out getting a wig or something like that.  I could keep listing some more, but im going to stop now xD;

:O I forgot about Roxas... For that I would dye my hair the same shade as Syaoran, I think.. just a light brown, right? (Or is it blonde?)
Roxas would be interesting. I'd have an excuse for carrying a keyblade around too :P

Oh and all the people you have in mind would be great for mentioning :o
I appreciate all the ideas on here, I didn't expect so much response, but I am new here, too. I'll have to make a list of all the suggestions here with the details too...

EDIT:
OH! I forgot... I'm going soon as Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicles.

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
Who could I be?
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 07:08:47 pm »
Ah! I love Tsubasa <3333
It's definately my favorite manga @_@
Are you wearing your Syaoran costume to Kumoricon 06?? =O

As for Roxas his hair is more of a blonde with dirty blonde streaks in it.  
Ref 1
Ref 2
And i agree, carrying around a keyblade would be fun~
I wish i could have made one to go with my Kairi costume
But i definately dont have time >_<;

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 07:57:29 pm »
Ah! I love Tsubasa <3333

Ref 1
Ref 2

Yes, yes Tsubasa is an awsome manga that I even got my friends into lol. If you died your hair pink and grew it out a little you might be able to pull off Shuichi from gravitaion.
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2006, 08:28:28 pm »
Ah! I love Tsubasa <3333

Ref 1
Ref 2

Yes I'm just doing Syaoran for Kumoricon 06.
Thanks for clearing up his hair ^^; It does seem to be based with blonde and dirty blonde streaks.

Quote from: "Daidouji"
Yes, yes Tsubasa is an awsome manga that I even got my friends into lol. If you died your hair pink and grew it out a little you might be able to pull off Shuichi from gravitaion.

>.> Shuichi from Gravitation?
I think I would be mocked way too much by my friends XD;... you know, the whole.. fruitiness factor.
Thanks for the suggestion though  :D

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
Who could I be?
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2006, 01:08:29 pm »
Well hopefully i will see your Syaoran cosplay then!
I wonder how many people there will cosplay from Tsubasa o_O
I'm not sure how popular it is

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 01:49:39 pm »
I think there are a few.. not sure if more will come that hasn't already made a post in the Tsubasa thread.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Who could I be?
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 05:56:02 pm »
Mai Shiranui

You'd be famous after the con. I gurantee it.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 06:03:04 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
Mai Shiranui

It's possible...  :roll:
Only as a joke though.. like Man-Faye...
>_< I will just consider it but I am not making any hard decisions for now.

I plan to definitely be Kiba for Sakura-con though in April.

Offline JimmyDarkside

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 06:09:18 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
Mai Shiranui

It's possible...  :roll:
Only as a joke though.. like Man-Faye...
>_< I will just consider it but I am not making any hard decisions for now.

I plan to definitely be Kiba for Sakura-con though in April.

:3 ... *snort* HAHAHAHAHA  XDD
KumoriCon '07
Kino - Kino no Tabi

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2006, 06:11:00 pm »
It's just for a joke :x
In fact it probably wont happen

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2006, 10:49:28 pm »
Well, if you'd like a slightly more... boisterous character, you could always try Nabeshin from Excel Saga.

The costume is simple enough, though you'd need a brown Afro. :lol:

Image of doom 1

Image of doom 2

You'd be popular I bet.
Hmmm what to do next year?

Who saw the SnJ Kakashi?!

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2006, 10:54:19 pm »
Quote from: "{m}"
Well, if you'd like a slightly more... boisterous character, you could always try Nabeshin from Excel Saga.

Image of doom 1

Image of doom 2

You'd be popular I bet.

@_@ That's a possible cosplay, but I question the afro... I think I'd have to get a wig

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2006, 10:56:51 pm »

Image of doom 1

Image of doom 2

You'd be popular I bet.

@_@ That's a possible cosplay, but I question the afro... I think I'd have to get a wig

Yup!
So that could be difficult.

I just think anyone going as Nabeshin would be sweet, and completely glomp-worthy. ;)

Though, scary in a sense.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »

Image of doom 1

Image of doom 2

You'd be popular I bet.

Yup!

I just think anyone going as Nabeshin would be sweet, and completely glomp-worthy. ;)

Oh yeah that'd be scary in a way XD;
Its possible though if I get a brown fro wig... then I can tuck in my long hair when I'm mainly doing Kiba.

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2006, 11:01:19 pm »

Image of doom 1

Image of doom 2

You'd be popular I bet.

Yup!

Oh yeah that'd be scary in a way XD;
Its possible though if I get a brown fro wig... then I can tuck in my long hair when I'm mainly doing Kiba.

If you can find a costume shop, you can probably find one ((If only Halloween was just a bit closer! >.<)) though a red//pinkish blazer could be a difficult find. Hurrah for thrift stores!
Unless you plan to sew one that is.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2006, 11:04:09 pm »
Oh I am actually planning these new cosplays for Sakura-con which is in April. I will have plenty of time, so if I wanted to do several costumes it would be fairly easy.

I can wait until halloween ^_^
Also a red/pink blazer could be dyed, right? I am not very knowledgable about making costumes but I think that is one possibility.

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 11:09:34 pm »
Oh I am actually planning these new cosplays for Sakura-con which is in April. I will have plenty of time, so if I wanted to do several costumes it would be fairly easy.

I can wait until halloween ^_^
Also a red/pink blazer could be dyed, right? I am not very knowledgable about making costumes but I think that is one possibility.

Time is always good!

Hmm well Afros seem to be pretty common around Halloween, so you can probably get one then. Though a brown one could be hard. Maybeh'?

It could, but you'd want it to be mostly cotton, or some such material ((I don't know much about dying really)) but make sure you soak the item in salt water after you dye, since it helps hold it in.

I dyed a 100% cotton turtle neck for my SnJ Kakashi outfit, and the dye leaked and now the dark blue top is light purple. >.<

Though I bet you could find a red blazer at a thrift store.
Good Will could have I bet, same with the Salvation Army.

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2006, 11:10:55 pm »
Thanks for the advice :)
I'll add this character to my list and consider it a higher priority/possibility.

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 11:16:43 pm »
Thanks for the advice :)
I'll add this character to my list and consider it a higher priority/possibility.

Any time!

Sorry I couldn't think of anything else.
My brain has shut down for the evening.

I look forward to seeing? you then!

Or not!
 :lol:

Offline Paraiba

• Cabbit
Who could I be?
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 11:22:21 pm »
I'm going to Kumori con as Syaoran. If you're going to K-con then you should be able to find me in my huge green cloak  :D

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
Who could I be?
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2006, 11:26:35 pm »
I'll keep an eye out then!

I'll be a short version of a female Kakashi.
And Excel in her street clothes ((The Pink Polo and jean shorts. I didn't have time for the uniform! >.<))

As for the Fashion Ninja...?

Well that's a friend and I being just plain weird. XD