Author Topic: Seattle Carpool?  (Read 6206 times)

Offline PixeL

• Sailor Scout
Seattle Carpool?
« on: June 06, 2006, 03:11:20 pm »
Hello!
I am in need of a ride to the con and back from Seattle. I actuaily live in Tukwila, but I just need a ride! XD~

A little about myself:

-I'm willing to split gas cost
-I'm well-mannered
-I like good conversation
-I'm holding a styleswap at Kumoricon

so um..contact me if you wanna car pool? ^__^;;

AIM-HeLLo PixxiY

Offline sol.ch

• Cabbit
    • http://myspace.com/schoe1988
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 08:45:39 pm »
Hmm....

Well, I'm looking at both ways here.  I was hoping I could be carpooled with someone to go, but if you and others out there really need carpooling, then I could be carpooling you and hopefully more.  

So for now, I'll just watch this thread.  I come back from China on August 19th, so if by then you still need a carpool and/or others or your friends need a ride there, I'd be happy to drive :).  Just notifying that I'm an available driver.

Um...details about me/transportation in case more from WA are interested in carpooling with me:

+I'm just a normal 17-year-old high-school grad who went to the Sakura-con just recently.  I'm hoping to go to the Kumori-con to just get a bit more of what this whole anime thing really is.  Not really an otaku, but I've watched a fair share.

+I've done roadtrips before, and I am a pretty safe driver.  0 tickets + 0 collisions, and though I am asian, I do not drive like those crazy guys who triple the speed limit in ricers under the influence of initial d.  I am a safe driver and have had a license for roughly 2 years.  

+You guys have a choice of 2 cars to drive in.  I have a mini-SUV ('01 Benz ML-320) and a much bigger truck ('01 Ford Excursion).  

The mini-SUV is best for up to 4 people with a so-and-so amount of stuff to bring.  Not too much though, the trunk isn't that big.  It's a 5-seater.  The Ford Excursion is best for up to 7 people with slightly more needed to bring.  It can haul, so if that's necessary then it can be arranged (though I highly doubt it, the trunk is much bigger than the mini-SUV).  It's an 8-seater.  

I'll update this post later.

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 12:22:29 am »
hello, I live in federal way, which is south of washington, which would be on the way to kumoricon :3

I'm just off the freeway so it wouldnt be out of the way. I would need both ways, I can obviously help out with gas, money, or driving (I do have a legal drivers liscense.).

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 04:09:48 pm »
bump, anyone?

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 09:30:22 pm »
Hmmmm... well... if I'm feeling generous enough and can factor in the time I might be able to swing up there and pick you guys up after dropping of my things at the hotel on Friday. If those of you that take my offer need to crash in my room, that's cool. Kalark, you're in my room anyway, so XP.
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:40 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
Hmmmm... well... if I'm feeling generous enough and can factor in the time I might be able to swing up there and pick you guys up after dropping of my things at the hotel on Friday. If those of you that take my offer need to crash in my room, that's cool. Kalark, you're in my room anyway, so XP.

I don't know where Bakersfield is located in California, but to give you an idea the time it takes to get from Eugene to Seattle, assuming the traffic is really good, is about 5-6 hours.  Then the ride back from Seattle to Portland would be 3-4 hours.  If you factor in the time it would take for food, rest stops, searching for everyone, and the time you're on the road, you'll basically spend the entire day in the car.

Speaking from personal experience, driving around for 12 hours takes a lot of engery out of you.

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 03:47:11 am »
indeed it does o_o

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 06:07:11 pm »
Bakersfield is about a 17 hour drive (straight driving) I believe from Eugene.

Those of you coming from Seattle: I suggest taking the train. You'd need to either get a cab up to the hotel or take trimet, but if you can't find another way up.. :P It's like $52 round trip, sure it takes a bit longer, but it's way worth it. 'Tis what I did for Sakura-con.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline sol.ch

• Cabbit
    • http://myspace.com/schoe1988
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:18:11 am »
well, in china and still checking the thread here and there...

train does sound interesting....but I haven't been in one of those before, and the only time I've probably ever seen one was the hogwarts express... :roll:

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 10:58:51 am »
Quote from: "sol.ch"

train does sound interesting....but I haven't been in one of those before, and the only time I've probably ever seen one was the hogwarts express... :roll:

The train is nice.  You get to sit back, watch the scenery go by, read, eat, etc. and arrive in Portland still full of energy.
The only down side is it can sometimes take more time to get there compared to going by car.  Not too long though.  I'm guessing at most an hour.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 06:00:08 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Quote from: "sol.ch"

The train is nice.  You get to sit back, watch the scenery go by, read, eat, etc. and arrive in Portland still full of energy.
The only down side is it can sometimes take more time to get there compared to going by car.  Not too long though.  I'm guessing at most an hour.

Aye, for Sakura-con it took me about oh...4 and a half hours (maybe 5) to get to Seattle from Portland I believe, mainly because we had a long delay waiting for one of those commuter trains to go by or something.

Just another suggestion if people can't find a ride down is all ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 07:43:51 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

I don't know where Bakersfield is located in California, but to give you an idea the time it takes to get from Eugene to Seattle, assuming the traffic is really good, is about 5-6 hours.  Then the ride back from Seattle to Portland would be 3-4 hours.  If you factor in the time it would take for food, rest stops, searching for everyone, and the time you're on the road, you'll basically spend the entire day in the car.

Speaking from personal experience, driving around for 12 hours takes a lot of engery out of you.

Quote from: "Trumby"
Bakersfield is about a 17 hour drive (straight driving) I believe from Eugene.

Yeah, I'm leaving town either sometime on the 30th (if I have that day off work) or early on the 31st. I did this drive down from Rainier, OR just about a month or so ago. It took me 18 hours and that's not inculding the stop to sleep for 6 hours. It does take alot of energy out of you, but I'm better prepared this time and I have a companion in my cousin. So, really I have no problem coming up to get some of you guys on Friday. Like I said, I have floor space in my room for any that don't have a room to go to that night. And if you're at the con and need a piece of floor for the night or whatever, just look for Misao Makimachi!! ^.^

Just pm me or email or message or whatever if you'd like ^.^

Take care and see you all there ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 09:11:55 pm »
Yeah, I'm leaving town either sometime on the 30th (if I have that day off work) or early on the 31st. I did this drive down from Rainier, OR just about a month or so ago. It took me 18 hours and that's not inculding the stop to sleep for 6 hours. It does take alot of energy out of you, but I'm better prepared this time and I have a companion in my cousin. So, really I have no problem coming up to get some of you guys on Friday. Like I said, I have floor space in my room for any that don't have a room to go to that night. And if you're at the con and need a piece of floor for the night or whatever, just look for Misao Makimachi!! ^.^

Just pm me or email or message or whatever if you'd like ^.^

Take care and see you all there ^.^

Seems like you've got it all figured out then! ^-^  

I'll be making that trip with my parents here in a few days (grandparents 50th anniversary - they along with most of my dad's side live in Bakersfield :P).

Offline kawaiipunkd

• Cabbit
Seattle Carpool?
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2006, 11:30:35 pm »
well, I think someone wil be in luck, I'm moving up to Seattle this weekend, and my best friend and I are coming down for the con, and she doesn't have any bags, so aside from my 3 I'll have, we'll have room in the back seat for one, maybe 2 more people.

drop me a PM if you're interested :D
Kumori 2006 line-up
Santa Mars - 100%
Sakura Kinomoto (Neko style!) - 90%
Sakura Kinomoto (pink salmon) - 95%
Gaara's Oiroke no Jutsu - 100%!
Yuna (FFX2- Yukata) - 50%
China Girl - 96%
Reno (ff7) - 100%