Author Topic: Race for the Cure  (Read 2705 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Race for the Cure
« on: August 16, 2006, 08:13:35 am »
This is for a good cause!

I am participating in the Race for the Cure in Portland. My company is sponsoring me and one guest. Rian has to work this day, so would anyone like to walk the 5 k with me? The "race" is on Sunday, September 17th. (Two weeks after con.) I need to know by Friday, so I can apply in time.

fyi - You can walk, instead of run. 5k is about 3.5 miles. I'll probably hang out at Powell's Books or running around downtown after, and it would be fun to hang out with someone. :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Race for the Cure
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 08:15:17 am »
When's the Race?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Race for the Cure
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 08:23:57 am »
You posted while I was editing. lol Sunday, September 17th.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Race for the Cure
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:28:13 am »
Sorry 'bout that.

The 17th... let's look at my calendar...

Hmm, can't go; sorry.  I've got plans with my cousin that day.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Race for the Cure
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 08:28:40 am »
Here are some more details, from my jobsite coordinator.

"On Sunday, September 17th, I hope that you will join us in walking 3.5 miles through downtown Portland. Although it is titled Race for the Cure, about 90% of participants walk the course. The route is pretty flat; starting at Taylor & Naito Parkway, heading west to Broadway and north to Lovejoy, and then finishing back on Naito Parkway & Oak. It is also fairly slow paced so it is perfect for beginners and pros alike.

Our goal is to have most of the team meet at the Beaverton office and walk over to the MAX station at 7:30. We will have some breakfast items available. For those who wish to meet us downtown, we will discuss possible locations over the next few weeks. After the event, many people enjoy sitting by the waterfront and listening to the bands, eating lunch at one of the many great downtown restaurants, and/or visiting all the booths.

The deadline for registering to join our team is August 21st. If you have not already registered, your site coordinators (see below) have registration packets. You will also receive one (1) complimentary raffle ticket for registering. The raffle takes place on September 15th and you need not be present to win. (There will be an opportunity in September for non-participants to purchase raffle tickets as well with all proceeds going back to the Komen Foundation.)

Please join us. As a team we will raise awareness, finance research, and show our commitment to ourselves, our family members and our community. All of you who have participated before know this is simply an amazing event."

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Race for the Cure
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 08:40:26 pm »
I would love to go...damn I need to move to portland...sorry ecchi
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.