Author Topic: What time and q about tickets.  (Read 13758 times)

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/Julievee
What time and q about tickets.
« on: July 05, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
what time of day does it start?  do we receive tickets in the mail?  if not, how do we get in?

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 05:10:50 pm »
It opens at 8am Saturday (At least that's when most Con's open ^.^; ), and you go to the Pre-Reg line, present your ID, and recieve your badge.

You have to wear your badge in a visible area between your head and your waist line at all times during the Con.  Wearing it around your neck, or on your lapel is generally an appropriate area.

Your shirt sleeve, or inside your coat are NOT appropriate areas. ^.^
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 07:59:17 pm »
oh okay! thanks alot ^_^ p.s will a school ID work?

Offline Xella

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • Crazy Shirt Lady
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 10:54:44 am »
It worked for me last year (I had two; high school and college), but I was lucky because I knew at least one person who was working at the pre-reg table already so I don't know if I was actually legally admitted or not.

Some cons have people who don't have their address on their Photo ID (a la school cards, unless you've got a pretty funky school) also bring a bill of some kind (electric/gas/water/web hosting?) with the same name on it so you can prove you're still who you are at the address you pre-regged with.  I can't tell you what Kumoricon does, though ^^;

HOPEFULLY I'll have my California license in time for con this year, but as practicing driving/taking one's final driving test is HARD when your right foot is in a cast, we don't know for sure =D Will look forward to what the official word on this is ^^;

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 02:20:23 pm »
State ID's are easy to get, and have all the needed information on them.  If you don't have a driver's license/permit, I highly encourage you to get a state ID of some sort. ^.^

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 12:49:49 pm »
Hmm.  Maybe I should go camp outside the hotel for a few months just to make sure I'm first in line.  Sounds... exciting.  I could drive over today and get all ready with my tent and cans of Spam.

I don't like Spam.

...Unless I'm singing the song.
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 12:56:41 pm »
First in line huh? Well too bad some of us will have to vcome in and set stuff up before the line exists! Ha! you wanna be first in line you volunteer for the registration table like me!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 01:11:05 pm »
XD I would if I could.  Its so difficult being my age.  I tried to get a job at Suncoast, and get discounts on movies.. But alas my search for a job continues.  >< GRRR.  Dang me and my young-ness.  I want to help with the con!
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Camping out is fun
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 08:24:48 pm »
I can come early and help out. I'm not a morning person so I just need to set up few alarm clocks....
-A.I-

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 02:25:14 pm »
Noone's saying that if you want to help you have to be on first shift at the table.  Believe me, having a table hawk during late morning/early afternoon will also be fairly important.  It's one of those "every little bit can help" things...

PezCat
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline TheOffspring

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 04:52:54 pm »
i'm 14....so i wouldn't have an electric or water bill, let alone any other kind of bill....so if just a student I.D okay??  p.s if it's exists, can someone gimmie the link of the preregristrated people?

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 11:22:05 pm »
you need an ID with your name, and age on it.  If you don't have something like then a picture id with a name, and some other proof of age would be appropriate.  If you're there with your parents, that works, or if you're obviously over 18 (naturally grey hair, beard, etc) then you're okay.  basically, if for some reason we are wondering about your age, then we need to confirm that at registration.  If you are not preregisted, then you will need some sort of proof of age... if you're over 18, and don't have a drivers license... then, ummm... yeah.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 01:06:24 pm »
if you're over 18, and don't have a drivers license... then, ummm... yeah.

yeah yeah im trying but man so much bs at the dmv :oops:

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2004, 11:19:30 pm »
it's quick and dirty if you're over 18... you don't even need to take the written test... make an appointment at some DMV way out in the middle of nowhere (Forest Grove or something) and take the test there.  They should be able to get you done within a week.
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2004, 12:54:01 am »
Quote from: "Staze"
it's quick and dirty if you're over 18... you don't even need to take the written test... make an appointment at some DMV way out in the middle of nowhere (Forest Grove or something) and take the test there.  They should be able to get you done within a week.

Ha ha fool! Forest Grove HAS no DMV!
Thank you come again!

If I want to take the drivers test I have to call up Hillsboro's DMV and make an appointment a month ahead of time and show up with 50 bucks and an insured car to take the test in.

That's why I'm on my 6th permit. It's not like I've got a CAR to drive anyway!

BTW, me=25.
I take full advantage of one of the nation's best transit systems.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2004, 11:49:33 am »
i just took my driving test on thursday and failed because i didnt look both ways when driving across a railroad track you miss big points for that and its cost more than 50 bucks

9 to take the test then 54 if you pass to get your licence

man the dmv has so much bs

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
What a bummer
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2004, 01:23:47 pm »
It costs that much?? I just got myself a permit and I am going to have to practice. I thought the driving test was $9?
I'd be sure to look both ways when I take the driving test.(>.>)
-A.I-

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2004, 06:54:14 am »
OK, if I am preregistered, do they send me my kumoricon i.d. card in the mail, or do I wait in line on saturday? Also, if I am preregistered do I need my parent or an 18-year-old to come with me to pick up my i.d. card?
Thanks
~I'm Addicted to Chocolate, I used to Snort Cocoa~

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 03:03:01 pm »
Quote from: "Bunny_Mae"
OK, if I am preregistered, do they send me my kumoricon i.d. card in the mail, or do I wait in line on saturday? Also, if I am preregistered do I need my parent or an 18-year-old to come with me to pick up my i.d. card?
Thanks

You wait in line... but there will be lines for pre-regs so that those who've sent in their payment/registration early will be able to get through quicker.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 06:05:54 pm »
You wait in line... but there will be lines for pre-regs so that those who've sent in their payment/registration early will be able to get through quicker.

PezCat[/quote]

Ok. Thank you PezCat. But do I still need an eighteen-year-old with me if I have already pre-registered? I am seventeen and I will be 'guardian' of my two younger siblings who are also attending the con. Do we need an eighteen-year-old to be at the con with us? Or just to get us in in the mornings? I was going to just drive us three up from our brothers house in Beaverton, where we are staying for the weekend, everyday. Our parents arent even going to be in portland that weekend. Is there any way I can be my siblings and myselfs guardian at the con? I know I am not eighteen, but our parents don't want to stay in Portland for the weekend and our older brother is anime-fobic. Any help and/or advice would be much appriciated.

Bunny_Mae

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2004, 03:15:25 pm »
I'd have to look it up/ask, but if I remember correctly, the "unattended" age minimum is 13...  Anyone younger than that must be attended by an appropriate guardian.  If there's a problem with that, say something, and I'll see what I (we?) can do.

PezCat

=^..^=

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2004, 06:34:29 pm »
PezCat,

For me it wouldn't be a problem, I am seventeen, but my two younger siblings that are attending with me are thirteen and sixteen. Would it be possible for me to act as their guardians during the con? If needed, I can have our mom write a letter saying that I will keep track of them and not let them run wild through the hotel.  8O
If this wont work, can I have another person attending the con be there guardians even if they are not with us all the time (like if I ask someone in the forum to meet us outside the hotel and walk in, saying they are guardian of us?)?

Bunny_Mae

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2004, 06:55:34 pm »
Assuming that I'm correct about "unattended" ages, then you'd all be fine, since the youngest is 13, and that's the minimum age for this question.  Granted, I don't exactly have the policy sitting in front of me at the moment (though I would have no problem with checking on it this Thursday at the weekly meeting if it's not answered in this thread by then).

If it were up to me personally, I'd just say "let 'em come, but if they break stuff, they can expect to be sold off in order to pay for it."   :P

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2004, 04:58:49 pm »
Official Minor's Policy - Summary
Under 13 - Parent or legal guardian must be a registered attendee and with you.
13-17 - Must have someone 18+ who can act as your guardian and take responsibility for your actions register with you at the convention (must be present at registration).

18+ - You're on your own.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 06:24:01 am »
Quote from: "QEvil"
Official Minor's Policy - Summary
Under 13 - Parent or legal guardian must be a registered attendee and with you.
13-17 - Must have someone 18+ who can act as your guardian and take responsibility for your actions register with you at the convention (must be present at registration).

18+ - You're on your own.

HA HA, thank you PezCat, I will remember that for future uses!
So even if I had my mom write a note or letter saying that I was responsible for them and if anything was broken/damaged/or otherwise harmed she would pay for it? I know you are worried mostly about one of them getting lost or hurt and mom sueing you for it, but if I wrote up a contract that said that no matter what happens we willnot sue you or attempt at any way of blaming you? Mom trusts us enough to let us go to the con by ouselves, but will you allow it in any way? We don't have anyone that can come with us because our parents wont be in Portland (we will a two hours drive away) and my older brother that lives in Portland doesnt like anime and would die rather than experience a con, do you have any suggestions, QEvil?

Bunny_Mae

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 02:16:21 pm »
My suggestion, since he's old enough to be a legal guardian if I understand the rules correctly, bribe him to be there for when you sign up.  That way you would have the guardian present at registration.  He wouldn't have to attend, but you and your sibs would still get in.  That is, -if- your bro can be legal guardian.  I don't see why not, but I'm hardly the legalistic one here.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Marik

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 03:59:28 pm »
It sounds like it can be anyone over 18, but that they actually have to be registered at the convention.  In which case I'm sure you can find someone who'll meet you at registration and say they're your guardian.  As long as you promise to be good.  ^_^

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 08:26:13 pm »
I've run into several similar situations at Sakura Con.

No, the 18+ year old guardian does NOT have to be related to you.  They just have to be there, becuse they would be guardian of your sibs as well.

I would volonteer, but best bet is that I'll be on duty so much I wouldn't be able to get down to reg and show my ID. ^.^;

Offline Marik

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 09:42:57 pm »
If you don't know anyone over 18 who's going to the con, I can be guardian for ya.  As long as you're not planning on getting drunk and acting out scenes from Golden Boy.  ;-)

Offline Bunny_Mae

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2004, 01:24:01 pm »
Thank you Marik, for your generous offer, but I have talked it over with Mom and my older brother (yes the one that is anime-fobic) and he thinks he has a magic the gathering friend that is attending Kumoricon, so we potential gaurdian. If he cant do it, Mom said she would, so thank you very much any way!

Bunny_Mae

Offline Panda

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.theOtaku.com
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2004, 11:42:32 pm »
I just need some clarification. I read through this entire thread and the feeling I get is there is not going to be a time on Friday for picking up badges. Many cons like Anime Expo have a time the night before the start of the con to get badges so the day the con starts you can actually attend the opening ceremony.

So I guess my questions are as follows:

-Will there be a badge pick up time on Friday?
-Will there be opening ceremonies starting at 8am on Saturday?

Thanks!

:D

Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator / Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2004, 09:22:02 am »
There will be time Friday night for pre-reg pick ups.
~Sean Larson~

Offline Panda

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.theOtaku.com
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2004, 09:50:40 am »
Thank you! I am happy to hear that there will be a badge pick up time the day before. I hate having to stand in line when you know there are things going on that you are missing. ^_^

Gail Shimura-Brightbill
theOtaku.com
Site Administrator / Staff Reporter
Gail@theOtaku.com