Author Topic: IM Absue  (Read 3098 times)

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
IM Absue
« on: July 04, 2004, 10:03:26 am »
Someone who claimed to be from Kumoricon sent me an abusive instant message this weekend. When i greeted them, they called me a crackhead!

The Instant Message links are not here to be abused, and neither are the fans. Is this the kind of behvior I can expect from people com\nnected from Kumoricon? If so, then why should I go to your convention?
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
IM Absue
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:53:21 pm »
For the most part, no, you won't find members/attendee's of Kumori Con using the IM links for abuse.

But there are always sleaze bags on the internet, and Kumori Con can't police every single person who even looks at the Kumori Con page.  If you are worried about further abuse, you could just take down your IM link, and pm your IM name/s to people you think need it, or friend personally.

And, of course, block said abusive user.

But, all in all, Kumori Con is a MUCH friendlier Con than most.  

Hopefully the IM wasn't because of mistaken identity, you'd be surprised how friends greet each other sometimes. ^.^; (I once thought a member of a different forum was a close friend of mine, and it wasn't until a month later I realized that the person wasn't even related to my friend.  ^.^; )
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
IM Absue
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2004, 10:17:31 am »
Please dont let this IM reflect on kumoricon.  as stated the internet is full of those who enjoy harassing others.  Thus why they created the block user for all IM services (or the wonderful warn button for AIM) .  

I know I cant speak for everyone but from what iv seen and those who have taken the time to message me, this place is full of friendly funloveing anime fans.  keep an open mind and shrug off those annoying IM abusers.

-Kylite
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline zenix

• Chibi
IM Absue
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2004, 01:22:11 pm »
i some times grett my friends like that and one time i was trying to talk to a friend and mis typed his name and ended up calling a strange some nasty stuff oops :oops:  :twisted:

its also the reason why i dont list my msn on forums