Author Topic: Hidden Treasure  (Read 7951 times)

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
Hidden Treasure
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:30:09 pm »
Well, the topic title may be a bit confusing, but I really couldn't think of much else, so, first of all let me explain that this topic really isn't about any hidden treasure, its just a term I want to use. I also wasn't sure if I should post this in General Discussion, or the Snakes on a Plane forum. I want this topic taken seriously, so I am posting it in General Discussion, mods can feel free to move it if they so wish.

Ok, so, basically, heres what this topic is about.

Has anyone else every gone through old stuff, or stuff that was packed away, and found stuff they thought they lost, or got stolen or whatever?

I ask because I recently went through some boxes and was VERY surprised to find some old stuff. I found my old Playstation with its AV cables (Its missing everything else), aswell as my old Super NES and its AC adapter (everything else is missing). I was shocked to find this stuff, because I thought the Playsation had been thrown away after it broke (It didn't nessecarily break so much as it stopped reading certain discs, after I got my PS2 I put this away), and I thought I stold my SNES to my uncle.

I'm going to find some ways to see if these work, and if they do, I'm gonna start collecting stuff for them again. The local video game store should have all the stuff im missing, and needless to say, I would really love my PSX and SNES back. My PS2 sometimes doesn't play certain PSX games perfectly (Mine is so old, its one of the models that didn't have perfect emulation of the titles). My SNES is a model 2 (one of the ones that didn't have the Eject button, you just pulled the cart out).

I'm gonna go through some more old boxes to see what else I can find. Hopefully I find alot of my old stuff that goes with this. Off the top of my head I hope to at least find my Kirby Superstar and Killer Instinct games, aswell as my Soul Blade PSX game (As its VERY rare now, and it would give me the complete Soul game saga (I have Soul Calibur for Dreamcast, aswell as Soul Calibur II and III for PS2). Anything else I could find would be awesome.

Oh, and I did find a few other interesting things. An old harmonica that I used to be fairly good at, aswell as a complete Generation 2 Optimus Prime toy, with just two small parts missing, aswell as the light and sounds not working anymore.

Anyone else ever come across any hidden treasure just searching through stuff?

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:36:33 pm »
I found a 5 dollar bill from easter 1994 that was never given to me, a package of never opened pokemon cards.. i mean the really old ones before all this neo crap came out, stuff i did in kindergarden and some of my sis's baby teeth... o.o yeah the baby teeth weren't treasure.. but you see my room used to belong to my parents... so yeah... I guess they kept those... I nearly fainted when I saw them... :& ewwwww

Offline CaptainJam-chan

• Cabbit
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 04:23:13 am »
Uhh I found money in my pocket 2 months ago?

Can't recall anything else.

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 05:38:33 am »
well it has no real value to me, but I found my aunts copy of  "The Givinng Tree" about 5 months ago. When I told her she was very excited and next time I go down to cali I am gonna go and give it to her. Also after My grandfather died I was in his garage looking around and Found His original pictures for the SR-71 blackbird( I know these are real because they show thier age and I also have the pictures of him getting the pictures). This might sound a little funny to some People But I also have been trying to find my original baby blanket, it ment alot to me and I really wish I could have it again.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:12:54 am »
A few years back, I ordered some anime and didn't get it until a month or two later (it was out of stock). By then I had completely forgotten about ordering it.

'Twas a nice surprise to come home from school to.

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 10:48:52 am »
Once, me and my family tried to make a time capsule to bury. we never got around to it, and the stuff I had put to gether for the time capsule was lain to waste. we are now moving out of one of my houses (my dads house) and I found all of the stuff that I was going to put in the time capsule. It was cool to be reading a note from my 11 year old self. Oh, and I also found my old Kyubimon action figure.^.^

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 01:34:02 pm »
Quote from: "Waffles"
This might sound a little funny to some People But I also have been trying to find my original baby blanket, it ment alot to me and I really wish I could have it again.

*whispers* I still sleep wif my baby blanket... its a good item to have... mine has girrafes(sp?) on it... what did urs have?

I found some movies I thought I had lost forever 0.0

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 04:20:43 pm »
Mind actually was soft to all softness and little green things coming out on top that I used to chew on. I also loved this blanket because I had a kitten that was from the pound that never got pass nursing so he would suckle on it.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline CaptainJam-chan

• Cabbit
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 07:32:08 pm »
Oh! I got one! The other day I found some Naruto and Yugioh doujinshi in my room I forgot I had :P

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 10:52:25 pm »
I'm STILL trying to find my baby video (when my family was still together and happy)... I think it's been recorded over *cries*
the thought of it being gone forever makes me feel really depressed. esp. since I have the crappiest memory in the world and will probably forget what happened on it ; __ ;
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 08:33:39 am »
Ack, I can't seem to think of anything.  ><

I have really really weird memory capabilities.  I have the hardest time trying to remember names and faces and rarely will I ever get the two together.

On the other hand, if you hold a random object of mine in front of me, I can tell you where you found it, when I got it, who gave it to me, and a story that relates to it.

I guess I could say when I look through my old random journals scattered around my old room I'm always surprised I used to draw like that.

Offline lightlysalted

• Cabbit
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 05:28:50 pm »
Heheh.

Actually, yes. About three weeks ago, I was going through one of my closets and found my old gameboy camera lying around. I had pretty much forgotten that it had ever existed, and how much fun it was to mess around with.

So I spent the next few hours goofing off with it.

Ah.. Good times.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 08:29:19 pm »
That reminds me, I actually FOUND my Gameboy, the good ole grey gameboy. I got that thing back when I was seven, I popped some batteries in and it still works, its awesome. :D

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2006, 08:38:42 pm »
When I was still short for Kumoricon Hotel money.... I decided I needed to clean my room... I found a birthday card and an easter egg full of the exact amount of money I needed. WOOT.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 10:31:01 pm »
Quote from: "Waffles"
Also after My grandfather died I was in his garage looking around and Found His original pictures for the SR-71 blackbird( I know these are real because they show thier age and I also have the pictures of him getting the pictures).

My Aunt taught photography to the air force and FBI, she had photos of the SR71, did she take the pictures of your GP taking pictures
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
I have OCD, which is obsessive compulsive disorder, and consequently keep a bunch of memorabilia, but in a rather cluttered and disorganized fashion. So, this happens to me all the time. To the point that I actually have a magnet which reads:

Those of you
who keep a clean desk
will never know the
thrill
of finding something
that was lost forever!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2006, 12:44:13 pm »
i moved away from home and when i went back i went throught some of my stuff in the grage and i found a autoghraph book i made back in 7th grade, it was signed by my best friend who passed away in 2003 so its very important to be
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ayaroki

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/z0mbiie
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2006, 08:45:47 pm »
Along the same lines of Pie Row's:

I finally finished .hack//Infection for the PS2 a couple years ago. So, I went to buy .hack//Mutation, and found out it was actually a rather rare game to have in stock.
So my dad ordered it for me from the game store we were at.
They were supposed to have it in at 2 months at the most.

Well~ 6 months passed, and we went back to get my 6 dollar fee that I had set down to begin with.

And I forgot about the game until we got a call that they game had come in.
A whole year later.
It was wonderful.   <3

Kumoricon 2008 Cosplay Schedule -

Konan -- Naruto -- 100%

☆⌒(*^∇゜)v

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 12:50:51 am »
Ok, small update to mine. The SNES works!

I'm so happy. I went out and bought a Multi-output and hooked it up the tv and it worked. Bought some controllers and some games, too. Too bad all my old games are gone and I will have to rebuy them. For now, I have Kirby Superstar, Mario All-Stars, and Killer Instinct (proud to say I can still do well with both Cinder and Fulgore).

Now, to see if that old Playstation works.... :D

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 08:37:44 pm »
The topic title is fine.

This is a really sweet discussion.

I'm currently moving, so I'm sure I'll have some good stuff to add to this thread.

I found the pearl ring Gus gave me for Christmas/Birthday last year. It was on my computer desk. :) Not quite a "lost" treasure, but it is still really important to me. I was very sad not knowing where it was. (I took it off to clean the couch covers. Someday, I'm not going to find it again!) I only lost it overnight.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 01:47:51 am »
Ok, so, the playstation doesn't work, sadly. I still cannot bare to get rid of it, it was a Christmas gift from my now deceased Grandmother, and my Grandfather (whom I currently live with).

Ah well, the PS2 works for PS1 games, but still, it'd have been completely retro to pop Azure Dreams into my PS1 and play it.

I'm glad this topic took off like it did, I hope people share more interesting stories. :D

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Hidden Treasure
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2006, 11:49:55 pm »
I found a rare image from a deceased Vietnam vet. about two months ago and it was almost given away.  I kept it for sentimental value.

I also found a cupon for a free sundae at Dairy Queen, so my day off tommarrow will be so lovely.   :wink:
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.