Author Topic: Amv contest question.  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Amv contest question.
« on: August 03, 2006, 01:50:14 am »
I was just wondering.....
I'm bringing a Video Camera to Kcon for memories sake, lol. And to show my friends what Kumoricon is like.

Could I record my AMV if it's in the contest, I would only be recording mine.
That way like my parents and aunt can see it the way everyone at Kcon aw it?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
Amv contest question.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 11:27:31 am »
Your best bet would be to either email or message Guy about this, as he rarely visits the forum because of his work load. But if he happens to post in this thread before you do that then... never mind :P

I doubt the staff would have a problem, especially since you'd just be recording your own video. But I really can't say where they stand.

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
Filming the contest.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 12:38:55 pm »
(Lunch break!) Pie Row: I actually READ here quite regulary, I just POST more rarely now - because my computer time at HOME is crunching for the AMV events.

Personally I'd have -NO- problem with filming an AMV, because nothing on the screen is being shown FOR MONEY. When people are hired to perform something, or an audience is paying for tickets, (for example, a music band, a movie theatre, or a musical show,) then that's when the people who run the movie house get tweaked about people 'sneaking' or 'bootlegging' a show.

Now obviously, programming staff and the hotel have higher and final authorities over this, but I don't expect they'd object.

The -ONLY- thing that could be a problem would be if your camera emitted a light, or a flash, or if it made a kind of noise, because that would disturb the audience trying to watch the show and listen. And that would tick me off a little <adds blinking red plus-sign to forehead...>

In that regard, FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY is -NOT- ALLOWED during the AMV events. (This has never been a problem, though.) Standing up and blocking others would also be un-cool. This all seems to be common courtesy. Anyone who has already learned non-linear multemedia editing is usually sharp enough to know how not to bother people, so I'm really not worried about this.

Be welcome. Come in a little early even, and set up a tripod while we connect up and do sound checks.

- G

PS: K2006 OP is almost DONE! About 4 seconds to re-sample. (I have better ideas for two adjacent 2-second clips. - Gureido Appu!)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Amv contest question.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:06:32 pm »
Thanks!!
I wont have a light on or anything and it doesnt make noise so thats all good!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012