Author Topic: AMV help.  (Read 4933 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV help.
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:48:36 pm »
Okay..... I have AMV's and other videos I wanna put on youtube.
But they have a limit of 100mb and mine are all like 133-175MB.
There has to be a way to make them smaller, cuase people get whole movies and stuff on youtube. :(

Does anyone know how to do it? I cant figure it out? :cry:

And I used the editing program at school to make all my stuff cause I have nothing like that at home, so all my AMV's and vids are already in mpeg format and what not. And he wiped the computers clean to get ready for next year, so theres no way to edit it again, if thats how you do it.  :(

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
AMV help.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:14:47 pm »
You'll probably have to compress it, which might lower the quality of picture, audio should be ok though. As to how to do that, I'm not sure. Why can't you just upload it to animemusicvideos, if I might ask?
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
AMV help.
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:23:09 pm »
You can get a open source program like VirtualDub, then open your video up using that.

There is an excellent guide to using it at animemusicvideos.org

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV help.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 08:11:29 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
You'll probably have to compress it, which might lower the quality of picture, audio should be ok though. As to how to do that, I'm not sure. Why can't you just upload it to animemusicvideos, if I might ask?

Cause I dont want people to beable to download it.

side note>> Woot! My 500th post.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV help.
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 08:15:24 pm »
Quote from: "Sinaj"
You can get a open source program like VirtualDub, then open your video up using that.

There is an excellent guide to using it at animemusicvideos.org

Grr... I would if I could.
The family uses my sisiters laptop cause our computer died and we cant afford a new one, and she refused to let me download programs... hmmm.... maybe If I sneek it, lol.

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Help - Virtual Dub
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 09:51:52 pm »
I asked programming to schedule me in for a basic to intermediate level AMV making workshop. They are looking into allocating a two-hour block where we can explore and demo stuff like this.

Also I asked them to make sure othe AMV editord feel welcome to join the panel. Stay tuned to programming - they might be able to squeeze this in.
And heck, if we run out of questions we can always burn up the time slot with exceptional (or downright SILLY) AMVs!

- G

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Re: AMV Help - Virtual Dub
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:54 pm »
Quote from: "Geirr"
I asked programming to schedule me in for a basic to intermediate level AMV making workshop. They are looking into allocating a two-hour block where we can explore and demo stuff like this.

Also I asked them to make sure othe AMV editord feel welcome to join the panel. Stay tuned to programming - they might be able to squeeze this in.
And heck, if we run out of questions we can always burn up the time slot with exceptional (or downright SILLY) AMVs!

- G

Oh thats kewl.
I'll have to be sure and check that out.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
AMV help.
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 11:37:02 am »
What editing program did you use to make the videos? Depending on what editor you used (though I would assume most would let you make adjustments), you could just lower the resolution size or reduce the amount of kilobytes used per second (kbps).

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV help.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 07:08:03 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
What editing program did you use to make the videos? Depending on what editor you used (though I would assume most would let you make adjustments), you could just lower the resolution size or reduce the amount of kilobytes used per second (kbps).

I use.... Pinnacle Studio.
I'm not sure which version it is.