Author Topic: AZN musicians needed for triad/yakuza project  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
AZN musicians needed for triad/yakuza project
« on: July 31, 2006, 12:17:11 pm »

The Band:
I am putting together this band from scratch; Looking to do a triad/yakuza theme (think asian mafia/kill bill). Musicwise-something between rock n roll and darker, dance music...like the Faint and Joy Division mixed. Looking for asians because, well, it is an asian theme. Sorry, not trying to be racist-but like an acting audition, looking for specific people for specific roles.

Me:
I have a few song ideas but am waiting for the lineup to really get started on writing. I've been playing bass for about 15 years now and have tremendous contacts and experience in the music industry. I have artist representation lined up, a possible video game liscensing deal, and other offers in the works.

You:
Looking for music players of all kinds: specifically, a drummer, guitarist, and keys/sampler. Must have some experience, be in 20's-30's age bracket (or really close), be asian, have your own gear, and your own reliable transportation. Looking for someone who can practice at least once a week, do 3-5 shows a month, and 1-2 short west coast tours a year.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 09:13:25 pm »
I'm going to try to do this without brutally and honestly pointing out how foolish you are.

This topic you have just made WAS ALREADY MADE HERE, IN THIS FORUM, IN THIS SUBFORUM.

http://kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2830.

Posting it twice will not help you, if anything, it will make you look less intelligent than you are.

I hope you learn something from this, but, then again, you probably only made your account to spam this forum with your ad, so I honestly doubt I will ever see you again. In the off chance that you do show up again, please read this and try to understand it better for further referene.

As I said in the other topic, good luck with this project.

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 09:39:07 pm »
That was my girl who made the other post, I made this one with so people could respond to me directly (also so I would be emailed the responses). Also, the image didnt appear in hers, so I just wanted to create another where it did (with my contact info).

But no, this isn't a spam account. I don't make hundred of thousands of posts or anything, but I'm here because I do have a vested interest in my asian culture.

~simon

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 01:31:33 am »
Actually, the image had always been in that topic, I saw it when it was first posted.

Secondly, if you wanted people to be able to get in contact with you, all you needed to do was post in the ALREADY MADE topic, saying they can contact you directly. There is simply NO NEED for this topic to exist, at all.

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 06:21:40 am »
Again,
This forum links directly to my emial when someone replies or posts.
If it bothers you that much, request that a moderator remove the inital post. Or I'll ask her to do so. But in reality, its just a simple message board post, not that big of a deal

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 01:33:07 pm »
Well, if you wish not to take it seriously, then why are you here?

You don't seem to understand how foolish it is to make two of the same topic in the same place.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 10:17:48 am »
i dont think your going to have much luck here with this you do know that in Japan yakuza is not a good thing? they hurt people when i was there i made friends with a guy who was almost killed and theres no way for the people who hurt him to be held acountable
it may look cool in kill bill but yes it is a real think, this is my opinion tho
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Simon Young

• Chibi
    • The Slants
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:32:54 pm »
Liike people doing cosplay for villians or kids dressing up as pirates, demons, and ghosts for Halloween, this is just a concept not a mass media campaign for serious criminal organizations.

Besides, most of the topics in the songs are based on righteousness, integrity, honor, and being awesome...kind of what the initial triads in early Chinese history promoted (they did not start out as a criminal organization). If you want more info on that, see "triads" on wikipedia.com

As for Dustin's remarks....I mean the band of course is being taking seriously, but you probably shouldn't worry so much about life in the message boards. Like I said, if more than one post about iyt bothers you that much, request it to be taken off by a moderator or just don't read both.