Author Topic: Yet another newcomer with questions ^^;  (Read 4199 times)

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
Yet another newcomer with questions ^^;
« on: July 29, 2006, 12:40:10 am »
Hi all! I'm making my first trip to Kumoricon ( my first con was a couple weeks ago at Comic Con '06) and I'm bringing a couple of friends. Since I invited them, I feel kind of obligated to have some idea of what's going on at the con :).

I grabbed the schedule and there's definitely a lot of cool things going on as far as events go. Tangent, but I couldn't handle how hard it was to read so I took just a second and cleaned it, it's right here if anyone wants it. So here's my questions:

1) There's a section with booths, right? I know this sounds dumb, but I just can't find the info anywhere! Sorry for my ignorance.

2) I'd love to find something original from an emerging writer/artist. Will there be anything like that here? I'm thinking like Comic Party, for anyone who has seen that anime -- people producing their own thing.

3) Does anyone have any suggestions for enjoying the con with a pretty anime un-savvy crowd? Obviously it's best to follow your own interests so it's good to have some time to split up, but are there any "must-sees"? Any other suggestions are welcome too.

I hope I'm not being too much of a bother, I just want to be as prepared as I can (and maybe it's also just a little bit of excitement). I look forward to seeing you all there!

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 03:25:33 am »
well let me say hi welcome to the party!!!!

I am waffles!!

one thing you must go to is the opening and closing cermonies the pocky club will want you to come and see them right after opening!

there will be booths and a artist alley, I would say though the best thing is to be unexpected it makes your firest kcon great
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 03:35:43 am »
I agree with Waffles.  He was part of my group for our first anime con (Kumoricon 2004), and we didn't know what to expect.  That's what made it great. :)
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 03:43:30 am »
one thing I would suggest is film your first trip! one of the things that I love about kcon 04 is all the footage of us being noobs!

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 05:12:53 am »
The Dance is something I consider a "must-see" since it's something that people across the board can generally get into... As long as you're a fan of dances/raves. It's good stuff though.

Expect the unexpected and always... ALWAYS remember that what happens at K-Con, stays at K-Con.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 06:47:07 am »
how Did I forget the dance I was thinking about it when I wrote my first thing... I have failed

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 09:11:41 am »
Like Waffles said, please come to te Pocky Club Panel . :] Pocky Club is an organaztion of people and we have a panel in the Clark Room after Opening Cerimonies on Saturday and what we do is we deliver pocky to your friends.. for free.

I must say, it's awesome.

I hope that you hate a really good first Kumoricon! n_n

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 10:03:15 am »
Wow thanks for all the quick replies. Do you mean the main opening ceremonies (main hall @10) or the Pocky Club thing (panel 1 @ 11)? I'm thinking panel. Sadly I can't come on Monday, I'm leaving town :/.

Ah yeah I'll definitely make the dance. I've been reading about that in the other thread. Well, I'll make it as long as there aren't any skill requirements to get on the dance floor.

Neko_Chan said:
I hope that you hate a really good first Kumoricon! n_n

lol, that's not exactly what i'm hoping for :p

Thanks for the info all. I'm stoked!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 11:42:29 am »
aww harsh, monday is closeing ceremonies which is truely awsome in the wrap up of the con.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 09:16:20 pm »
^^ Hey there, welcome to the forums and I'm so glad to meet another con-goer! Well, learn of one, I hope to meet you at the con, Aaero-San! My name is Victoria, it's nice to meet your aquantice!

Oiee, at least you'll be there a couple days. I'm a first-timer too, so everything everyone mentioned is what I'm aware of. They're probably hiding even more wonderful things about the convention. ^^ Surprises are great, ne?

I'll try to learn how to dance there, hehe.

See you!
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2006, 12:54:50 am »
A first-timer for cons, eh?  I really hope you enjoy your first Kumoricon as much as Waffles and I have. :)
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2006, 10:07:59 am »
Yeah it's really too bad I'm missing Monday, but it's for good reason (woohoo going to Vietnam - first time out of the country, right after my first con). At least I'll get to see the opening ceremony for sure!

Hiya Victoria, I'm Aaron! I hope you enjoy the convention as much as I know I will. And yes, who knows what they're hiding...

Well I'm really looking forward to it Heavensclonex. Planning on being there all day both days if I can! Hopefully the forum community is representative of the con community - if so I'll definitely meet some nice people.

Offline LadyAyumi

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2006, 11:07:01 pm »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
The Dance is something I consider a "must-see" since it's something that people across the board can generally get into... As long as you're a fan of dances/raves. It's good stuff though.

Expect the unexpected and always... ALWAYS remember that what happens at K-Con, stays at K-Con.

"Expected the unexpected and always...ALWAYS remember that what happens at K-con,stays at K-con" lmao thats a classic :)

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2006, 10:46:32 am »
Hi! i'm writer! I don't know that your talking about and I won't be seein' you due to bad timing and unfortuante curcomestances(?)! hahahahaha! *runs away, laughing madly*[/size]

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth