Author Topic: DN Angel Cosplayers?  (Read 9657 times)

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« on: April 01, 2006, 02:06:19 pm »
Hey all...

For Kumori-con 06 I'm planning on going as Dark from DN Angel. But I'll be by myself. Anyone else from that show I could meet up with, possibly have a photoshoot with? *Sad lonely eyes*

Likely I'll be hanging out with my friend Killua from HunterxHunter. That's a good pair. XD

EDIT: Most likely we will not bring Chrono and Rosette in favor of new costumes considering time and space in our car unless suddenly a whole group is going to be there. Gomen ne. ^_^;
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)

Offline haliekins

• Cabbit
    • http://shibbyshasta.deviantart.com/
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 03:02:31 pm »
i'm going to be dressed up as shader from chrono crusade. :D i think one of my friends is going to pull off joshua, but i'm not sure on him yet.

i'll keep you posted if anything else comes up. a photoshoot would be fun. :3!

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:31:37 am »
Quote from: "haliekins"
i'm going to be dressed up as shader from chrono crusade. :D i think one of my friends is going to pull off joshua, but i'm not sure on him yet.

i'll keep you posted if anything else comes up. a photoshoot would be fun. :3!

Woot! a photoshoot would be awesome!!! Shader is cool!

We had an Aion at Sakura-con, but I don't know if he's coming to Kumori-con. I'll have to check now that someone else is gonna be there! ^_^

Oh, and which outfit of Joshua was your friend doing?

Offline haliekins

• Cabbit
    • http://shibbyshasta.deviantart.com/
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 08:55:16 pm »
Quote from: "kekame"

Woot! a photoshoot would be awesome!!! Shader is cool!

We had an Aion at Sakura-con, but I don't know if he's coming to Kumori-con. I'll have to check now that someone else is gonna be there! ^_^

Oh, and which outfit of Joshua was your friend doing?

he was planning on normal older joshua (white button-down shirt, black tie) with horns. although i hope he doesn't flake out on me. :B

Offline Hell_Kitty

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 09:51:15 pm »
i'm going as dark most likely. both his normal outform and maybe the belted trenchcoat he has in the opening of the show
I Don't Write Words I Draw Letters O_o
Current Cosplay Idea's
~Albel Nox(Star Ocean:TOT)(Remaking)
~Testament(Guilty Gear)(Remaking)
~Aliot(Ragnarok Online)(Planning..Probably wont make its appearance at Kumori-con)

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2006, 01:34:30 am »
Quote from: "Hell_Kitty"
i'm going as dark most likely. both his normal outform and maybe the belted trenchcoat he has in the opening of the show

Ohh! Cool! We could be twin Darks!!!

I was gonna do the Phantom Theif outfit with the wings. <3

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 11:08:03 am »
haha FUN~~~
my friend and I are cosplaying as Riku and Risa
i do not know if she will be there officially..most likely, but there always that small chance she won't. so if so i will be cosplaying alone..lolx
I like goats.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 11:16:07 pm »
Quote from: "xRIxKUx"
haha FUN~~~
my friend and I are cosplaying as Riku and Risa
i do not know if she will be there officially..most likely, but there always that small chance she won't. so if so i will be cosplaying alone..lolx

It would be more than cool if you came and hung out with me. ^_^

I'd like to have a photoshoot with you and Hell_Kitty if that's cool? I hope we can find more characters too! We need a Daisuke atleast... and a Krad! (No one cosplays Krad!)

I saw a really adorable Daisuke at Sakura-con, who unfortunately I doubt will be at KC because he said he was from Canada.  =(

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 11:17:20 pm »
Also, as a note to anyone else who is reading this topic, we have decided not to bring Chrono and Rosette in favor of new costumes because of time and space issues.

So my final answer is:
Haruko - FLCL
Dark - DN Angel
Atobe - Prince of Tennis

Thank you very much, you are all welcome to awe at my midnight bass guitar prowess???

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 05:38:16 pm »
haha sure if you wanna. yea not alot of Krad cosplayers/crossplayers..why? kause he's blonde! (i kid)
dunno why...hmm..X3 well. what day are you going? the day it starts or the day before?
I like goats.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 02:57:26 pm »
haha sure if you wanna. yea not alot of Krad cosplayers/crossplayers..why? kause he's blonde! (i kid)
dunno why...hmm..X3 well. what day are you going? the day it starts or the day before?

Maybe we'll find one there? That would be super. ^_^

I will arrive at the con the day before. We will probably check in during the late afternoon sometime if that's a weekday.

I have no idea what days/times I will be doing my costumes cause nothing is set in stone except that I will be doing Haruko most of Friday and then switch to something else that night. I will probably spend a lot of time on Saturday being Dark unless there happens to be a Prince of Tennis photoshoot at that time. I've started my huge black wings and they're sooooo preeeeetty! I will definitely want to show them off as much as possible.

I ordered my purple wig a few days ago too, I'm getting excited about the costume!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 10:49:25 pm »
nyce haha do u have any piccues of your wing progress?
on Saturday i will probobly be wearing my Shikisai Moment Bou, most likely all dae' lolx
and Fridae' my Riku costume.
Sundae'...iunno...Sakura? lolx
I like goats.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 01:47:53 am »
Oh yeah? I may do Dark Friday night then just for the sake of coinciding with you. I mean, I can always change outfits as much as I want. I'm glad none of my outfits for KC will be as complicated as Chrono. Sooooo many layers! And that huge box... ^_^;

I don't have any pictures of the wings progress, sorry. Its actually not much to see right now... just the frame with straps and a few feathers (strips of this cool fabric the ladies at joannes showed me that doesn't fray) on the bottom. I owned bird for a long time and am actually going for a more realistic look - something I just couldn't find available to buy. I'll post pictures when I sit down and do any work on it though. ^_^

Oooh, Jrock costumes are neat! (Which one is Bou, now? I don't know Shikisai Moment)
I thought of doing Mana for awhile... but instead, I didn't, both for my own sanity (hard costume) and fear of doing an inept job (trying to be a boy prettier than me).

Which Sakura? I assume you mean, Cardcaptor Sakura? Which outfit?

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2006, 08:11:47 am »
wo0 KUDOS! lolx then Fridae'? MAYBE? things happen to change over months but I am sure we will keep in touch. lolx
im a Jrock fanned little person. lolx Bou is from the band An/Antic Cafe
the blonde one lolx

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/Candy.Cafe/Galerie/Cd/Scans-by-Khym/Shikisai-moment/Sm-booklet04.jpg

~ are you making his wings acual size? like..friggin...200001000895489438483 inches+1?

hahaha, Mana is ....iunno....a special one to cosplay. lolx I never done it nor plan to. haha

~as for Sakura..yea i was thinking about cosplaying her and if not Kasumi from DOA. if I do Sakura i have NO idea, i went around looking last night...i got NO WHERE...T_T
I like goats.

Offline Hell_Kitty

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2006, 06:00:33 pm »
i think the reason nobody cosplays krad(dark backwards how great....not really) is because well dark is just so much well better looking and he has that funny looking blond strip of hair the looks really wierd

and about a photoshoot, if i finish my costume i'd love to it'd beb fun ^^
Current Cosplay Idea's
~Aliot(Ragnarok Online)(Planning..Probably wont make its appearance at Kumori-con)

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2006, 06:08:40 pm »
well....ask your self this...why dont U cosplay Krad?
and maybe it will give you an idea lolx
 and we should al hang out before the con yes?
I like goats.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2006, 06:15:35 pm »
Ohh!!! Bou is really pretty! That should be a challenge!

Kinda... there gonna be pretty hug in anycase, but more folded down, so that I can like, walk and fit through doors and all that good stuff. ^_^

Right now, each wing is 3 feet long starting at about my ear level, pointing downward, and the width at the widest point is 43 inches, so pretty big actually.

Haha, its just that I have a friend that would make a good Gackt! And that is a good team, like back in Malice Mizer days! We could do a skit to Illuminati or something. ^_^

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2006, 06:18:02 pm »
Quote from: "Hell_Kitty"
i think the reason nobody cosplays krad(dark backwards how great....not really) is because well dark is just so much well better looking and he has that funny looking blond strip of hair the looks really wierd

and about a photoshoot, if i finish my costume i'd love to it'd beb fun ^^

Brilliant, I never noticed. ^_^

I agree. Dark is much better looking!

*Finish your costume vibes* coming your way. ^_^

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2006, 06:35:34 pm »
well....ask your self this...why dont U cosplay Krad?
and maybe it will give you an idea lolx
 and we should al hang out before the con yes?

I personally wouldn't cosplay Krad because I am naturally very light skinned and dark haired. It works very well for a lot of anime characters actually, such as Dark, but I look terrible as blonde.

Also, the other reason, as Hell_Kitty said, Dark is so, so much cooler and better looking. ^_^

Btw, any of you know where I can get a With plushie???

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2006, 08:34:24 pm »
Personally, I'd be tempted to try Krad but I doubt I could pull it off.  For starters I have dark hair and I don't consider myself that cool looking.  I'm a little iffy on the idea of dyeing my hair but if it lasted only for a few days I'd give it a try I guess....

If anything I have the glasses to pull off Satoshi but that's it.  Oh, and I need them to see.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2006, 11:19:31 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
Personally, I'd be tempted to try Krad but I doubt I could pull it off.  For starters I have dark hair and I don't consider myself that cool looking.  I'm a little iffy on the idea of dyeing my hair but if it lasted only for a few days I'd give it a try I guess....

If anything I have the glasses to pull off Satoshi but that's it.  Oh, and I need them to see.

What's wrong with a wig? I see no reason for anyone to ever, ever cut their hair like Krad's (Or Dark's for that matter...)! Furthermore, I've dyed enough hair to know you can't be temporarily blonde... it just doesn't work that way. There are some pretty reasonably priced wig places I could tell you about... I get mine at Amphigory.com. ^_^

I'd be totally excited to see a Krad cause not only have I never seen one, but I'm a total wings fanatic. <3 Besides, Dark needs the other half of himself... kinda. XD

Satoshi is pretty cool too. Only the leetest math geek ever + problems if you ask me. Might be a good option if you don't have contacts. (I need glasses/contacts to see too)

Personally, I'm totally excited if you want to be anyone from DN Angel. I started looking for people on the forums cause I'm going as Dark, but I'm cosplaying alone.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 08:21:29 am »
thus, reasons why other people do not cosplay Krad, probobly more but theres a couple! lolx
Kumoricon this year...hwo0
I like goats.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2006, 06:22:03 pm »
Quote from: "kekame"
Quote from: "Negima"

What's wrong with a wig? I see no reason for anyone to ever, ever cut their hair like Krad's (Or Dark's for that matter...)! Furthermore, I've dyed enough hair to know you can't be temporarily blonde... it just doesn't work that way. There are some pretty reasonably priced wig places I could tell you about... I get mine at Amphigory.com. ^_^

I'd be totally excited to see a Krad cause not only have I never seen one, but I'm a total wings fanatic. <3 Besides, Dark needs the other half of himself... kinda. XD

Satoshi is pretty cool too. Only the leetest math geek ever + problems if you ask me. Might be a good option if you don't have contacts. (I need glasses/contacts to see too)

Length of hair is not a problem.  I've learned (accidently) how long my hair can get if I leave it alone for 4 months.  Of course there's no way I would be able to naturally have that long ponytail so if I did cosplay as Krad I would definitely go for a wig or clip-on thing.

Out of curiosity, on average how long does blonde dye last with dark hair?

As for my glasses, I can see colors and shapes reasonably okay without them but if you ever ask me to read or describe details to you, no can do.  Just an extra bit of info regarding my eyes.

Maybe I'll cosplay as Krad next year or something since I'm not sure if I can do it by '06.

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2006, 01:43:39 am »
Out of curiosity, on average how long does blonde dye last with dark hair?

Haha, 0 minutes and 0 seconds.

Honestly, my hair is dark brown, and I could dump blonde hair dye on it from now until Christmas and not a thing would happen. The only way to get your hair lighter is to bleach/frost it. Once it's bleached, then you can dye it blonde perfectly fine.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 07:29:10 pm »
haha. well my hair is black. but now its blonde and platinum. you cant just plain dye it if you want it blonde or whatever you gotta murder your hair and bleach it. lolx
I like goats.

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 03:55:11 am »
My freinds are making me go as risa. I think it would be cool if I could go as her with the outfit she wore on her date with dark.I think my bf should go in the outfit dark wears on the date. It would make for ultra cute photo shoots but no one would realize who it was. Is it worth the risk of being unknown?

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 09:04:50 am »
well, unknowns ok adepending on ow you look at it I guess. lolx
But I am sure some people would notice.
I like goats.

Offline Hell_Kitty

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 09:41:42 pm »
Hey you do exist here Xi-chan ^^.... you know i still don't know what dark looks like in that so yah....
Current Cosplay Idea's

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2006, 11:34:51 pm »
all pretty like, kinda like this http://animepa.csusm.edu/galleries/C-E/DNAngel/lg/fluffy.jpg, -56k no no~!
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2006, 11:41:12 pm »
holy gawd damn-ness! thats HUGE!!!!
I like goats.

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2006, 11:55:59 pm »
Well actually in that pic darks undershirt is white. In the show I belive that its red. I could be wrong but Im pretty sure. Pics of it are rare good job on finding one.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Hell_Kitty

• Sailor Scout
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 03:28:31 pm »
-_-;;; no wonder its a 56k no no the thing is huge
Current Cosplay Idea's

Offline Shinoryoku

• Oni
DN Angel Cosplayers?
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:41 pm »
YAY I Get to be the only DAISUKE!
How Exciting! But I've just been recently informed that I may not have a ride but I'm hopeing I can find someway to get there.
It doesn't eat,
It doesn't sleep,
It doesn't laugh or cry,
All It does from dusk till dawn,
Is make the people Die.