Author Topic: A little furstrated here-  (Read 3802 times)

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
A little furstrated here-
« on: July 18, 2006, 09:33:44 am »
I doubt I'll be answered, and I hate to sound all biznatchi.

But I've been patiently e-mailing the supposed people to whom i'm supposed to contact about things.

I first asked about the Artist Gallery- I barely got enough information. Only that the pieces needed to be matted and if you watned to put them into the auction you could. But nothing about when they need to be there, or if I'm the one who's supposed to hang my pieces what's the largest to smallest size. etc.

Second, I found out after visiting the website (constantly trying to find updates) That something is wrong with pre-registration online and if you had prereg. in advance that it's possible you weren't sent an e-mail confirmation. Well I sent both of the e-mails as requested, but didn't even receive confirmation of that. So I don't know what's going on there.

Third, the cosplay registration sheet needs your badge number, how am I supposed to get my badge number if they haven't even given it to me in advance? I've already e-mailed someone, and they replied saying they'll get right on it. That was a week ago after I sent the e-mail almost a week or more before that.

I understand it's becoming crunch time, and Kumori-con is a smaller con, but I have been patient, and I have not shot repeated e-mails demanding answers, in the hopes that someday it will just magically appear on the website, like the cosplay information did.

Please, all I want to know is my badge number, I want to know if the money I've payed to your online registration went through and everything is in order for mine and my boyfriends registration, and how do I go about submitting art for the Art gallery? If you guys could PM me or e-mail me back at pinguina@mymelody.com. I'll continue to patiently wait and hope that nothing arrives at the last minute.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Re: A little furstrated here-
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 10:52:05 pm »
Quote from: "PinqFuu"
Second, I found out after visiting the website (constantly trying to find updates) That something is wrong with pre-registration online and if you had prereg. in advance that it's possible you weren't sent an e-mail confirmation. Well I sent both of the e-mails as requested, but didn't even receive confirmation of that. So I don't know what's going on there.

There is absolutley nothing wrong with the ONLINE registration. At all. Period. ONLY THE REGISTRATIONS THAT WERE MAILED IN HAD THE EMAIL ISSUE.

Acteva should have sent you an email confirmation. Likely, it looked much like spam, either to you or to your email. You will not receive a confirmation from Kumoricon for an Acteva on line registration. I'd suggest you check your junk mail. If you don't have it there, PM me directly with your real names, and I will check Acteva myself for your info.  

We don't have your badge number yet. These have to be created by interlacing the mailed in regs with the Acteva regs by date, a process that we are currently in the middle of. Just fill out the form with "not yet provided" or something to that affect. I'm sure you can give that information to the cosplay director at con. The badge numbers will be finalized when the badges are prepared to print, after prereg closes.

As for art gallery, that IS a problem. We will try to fix this at the meeting this weekend. I'll get back to you after the relations meeting. (And I really don't mind if you email me repeatedly, within reason.) chair@kumoricon.org

If anyone has a problem, they can always contact me. But please do be considerate of the fact that our staff is made up of less than 65 people, most of them doing three or four different jobs for the con, on top of 40+ hour a week jobs. (I'm con chair, site admin, site moderator, assitant merch coordinator, street team member, etc. AND a Skanska USA Building Admin, in my spare time....)

So, in short, if you have any complaints, join the Kumoricon staff. :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 08:33:19 am »
you forgot "director of the hentai panel" LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 07:08:41 am »
Ok so what about the people that mailed their registration in snail mail style? I know I have not received at any time any email from kcon other than to confirm my email for the forum account. As far as I can gather none of my cosplay group has received one either. Ayaroki is part of my group. She has a thread on here and I don't know if they ever got back to her or not. I will ask her when she is up. I also know that my group sent the registration in as a group but each of us put our emails on there. Please get back to Ayaroki or myself on this if possible. Thank you for your time!

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 12:20:52 pm »
If you want to know if your registration by snail mail went through, contact operations@kumoricon.org. You will need to supply your full name in order for us to check the paper forms.

If you registered via Acteva online you ***will not*** receive a confirmation email from Kumoricon. It will come directly from Acteva. This does not mean we cannot check for you, but see if this email is there first, as you will know you are confirmed by it.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 08:45:52 pm »
hail ilplazzo hail iplazzo!!
i mean the conchair has spoken yayg
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 07:30:18 am »
Quote from: "kylite"
you forgot "director of the hentai panel" LOL

It's the "Adult Content Anime" panel! Hentai is only a fraction of the content.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:39:50 am »
would it be possible for you guys to convert your excel files into .pdfs for everyones personal viewing pleasure? thanks.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 09:32:08 pm »
Unfortunately, probably not at this time. Not all of us have copies (much less legit ones) of Adobe Acrobat to do updates with.

If anyone wants to do us the service, however, please let us know! You have to be quick about it, though, because when we put something up at this point in the convention cycle, we need it up right now.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 08:02:24 pm »
Quote from: "PinqFuu"
would it be possible for you guys to convert your excel files into .pdfs for everyones personal viewing pleasure? thanks.

I will be doing this soon for the schedules and perhaps other content. Also on another note, OpenOffice.org is useful both as a free viewer (and editor) of Word and Excel documents, and it can also export to PDF. Did I mention it's free?

I did a quick export to PDF on the schedules but they didn't come out very good. I am working on the pocket programming guide which will have all of the schedules hopefully nice-looking and put it online in PDF format, ASAP (next few days).
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor