Author Topic: Gothic Lolita Nekomimi (Cat-girls)~ Anyone?  (Read 25673 times)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
Gothic Lolita Nekomimi (Cat-girls)~ Anyone?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2006, 07:26:15 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Oh jeeze. D: Don't go that far.

omg. I totaly understand about the "You don't have experience" thing. x_x

Sorry about your rent/moolah situation. D: I hope it gets bettar.

Yeah. I need a jooob!

Hehhe, er. I've done a lot of odd stuff to obtain clothes, before...XDD;;;

@ Kouta: You lost your job? Oh no!
Where had you used to worked?

[ Man, I remember my boyfriend coming back home the day before the 4th of July and he was like..."I quit my job. : D" and I was like..."Holy crap what happened? o.o" ]

It astually, like...traumatized me more when he quit. D:/
Working is a weird thing...

Well, too bad the people at the con don't know it's my regular attire. That would suck if they were like "LURLZ, POUSER~~"

@ Riku: BABY is adorable!! Oh gods. Meta. <33

I'd pay someone with blood for those dresses. :D

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2006, 08:54:39 pm »
haha, well please don't. it would be harmful to you!
I like goats.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2006, 10:18:20 pm »
Ah well. I'd still do it. xD

But a bloody Irate in a BABY dress might not look so good... ]:

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2006, 12:56:43 pm »
plus the fact if you cannot get the blood stains out.....
.............................O_O...........
I like goats.

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:04 pm »
....*is getting emo D:*. Thanx everyone for those lovely comments. Those livejournal elitist brought me down like I never though I could be, especially online! I was mentally slapping myself for reacting that way.

Then they somehow managed to find me on the WHOOOOLE OTHER SIDE OF THE INTERNET on forum where there was a tiny cosplay corner. I was not even mentioning the lolita neko thing, just looking for possibly costume suggestions when two of them came and attacked me....*urgh*

Your nice comments really warmed my heart, and now I regret not reading these earlier and getting started on my costume... It's the 25/6th and I'm a part of the MySpace photoshoot....urgh.

I still want to go as a catgirl. My mom is AMAZING at making tails, so if worse comes to worse, I'll shove a tail up my ass, wear a corset thatll shove my breasts into my nose and cat ears the size of texas.

Any objections?

(>_>; Ok no, I'll just wear something casual, yet cute and be a neko XD.....though if anyone is interested in the breasts up to the nose idea, give a hollar. I'll make my guy friend dress as so)

*omglikeLOLhugstoallkthnxkiss*

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2006, 10:42:18 pm »
Oh and XD;; I'm not new to anime, this is a new account and such...though this is only my 3rd (official) year as cosplay. My first cosplay was Sailor Jupiter (before i went crazy and started dying my hair weird ass colors...my hair was exactly like hers) and I cosplayed as her in Halloween of 03, and my friend was Saturn. Then in the 04 Kumoricon, my friend went as Saturn again, her older sister as Mars, and I went as Puchiko from DigiCharat

I may make a simple school uniform again...hohum

:heart:

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2006, 11:37:37 pm »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"
Oh jeeze. D: Don't go that far.

omg. I totaly understand about the "You don't have experience" thing. x_x

Sorry about your rent/moolah situation. D: I hope it gets bettar.

Yeah. I need a jooob!

Hehhe, er. I've done a lot of odd stuff to obtain clothes, before...XDD;;;

@ Kouta: You lost your job? Oh no!
Where had you used to worked?

[ Man, I remember my boyfriend coming back home the day before the 4th of July and he was like..."I quit my job. : D" and I was like..."Holy crap what happened? o.o" ]

It astually, like...traumatized me more when he quit. D:/
Working is a weird thing...

Well, too bad the people at the con don't know it's my regular attire. That would suck if they were like "LURLZ, POUSER~~"

@ Riku: BABY is adorable!! Oh gods. Meta. <33

I'd pay someone with blood for those dresses. :D

A combination of things... in my current position retail isn't the best choice of work for sure.
As for people finding ya... it happens and its creepy... really creepy sometimes but its harder now that i have this name since its so generic... but i do link to my myspace on my profile here which has all the other names i use >.>
I want a corset... like... a real one... but they are $$$ and a half... but... <3
I am so tired, so this post is like kungfu mixed with a shot of vodka and some skittles.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2006, 11:45:07 pm »
EW VODKA so bitter and gross
I like goats.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2006, 11:50:38 pm »
i thought i was very polite in suggesting an outfit that would actually be flattering.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2006, 12:14:41 am »
"Posuer lolita" would be things from Hot Topic or most of the cos-loli from Bodyline. People who can pull of Cos-loli are fine in my book. They either don't have the money or the passion to buy the 300 dollar + dresses so they go for something a little less expensive, but still in good taste. Bodyline has made some horrible, horrible dresses. They have also made some things that I would wear. First: Bad Bodyline. Second: Good Bodyline.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/bodyline/515854/607670/810672/
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/bodyline/515854/607670/796165/

I think that you have a very cute style and you pull it off flawlessly, Irate. I would not call you a Purser/cosplay lolita.

But anyway. I really hope no one would think I was a pouser or anything for dressing in Victorian clothes I didn't make. o_o;;

I don't make my lolita clothing either. It's Baby the stars shine bright and Metamorphose.

i LOVE BtSSB! i made another order (the Parfait skirt in blue and the Baby border print in red, and a few other small things). i doubt they'll be here in time for the con, but i'm so excited to get them.
i lovelovelove Moitie too~ my arch/gate (or whatever) print should be here in time, and hopefully my rockinghorse shoes too *hopehopehope*
lolita clothes ftw mang.

anyway, here's the tea party details:

the 2nd annual Gothic Lolita tea party will take place at Kumoricon
Sept 2nd from 12pm-2pm
room location to be announced

activities include:
- tea & food
- nail decor station
- photography
- door prize drawings
- "best outfit" prizes

REMINDER: please wear your lolita/j-rock/visual kei clothing. dress code will be enforced.

join the Livejournal community orlolipops: http://community.livejournal.com/orlolipops/profile

:D

excitiiiing!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2006, 11:03:39 am »
omg what's everyone's fascination with the rocking horse shoes? I swear all I'm hearing on LJ is "omg rocking horses shoes arten't made of wood but foam omg faom is okay but wtf she said they had wood."

@_@ Maybe I'm just scared of them because they look dangerous. I can't walk very well in my shoes anyhow. I'm so clumsy.

Yaaay. For Tea Party. I cannot wait. I'm gonna give that french place a call about the Fruit Tart. I think they only have Blueberry and Raspberry... It would be nice if they had strawberry. :]

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2006, 11:32:36 am »
because they're nifty, i guess. and vivienne westwood is lovelovelove

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2006, 11:33:34 am »
they have pretty sweet sunglasses. lolx
I like goats.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2006, 04:03:29 pm »
and omg i want the Vivi brass knuckles~~~

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2006, 04:26:36 pm »
omg what's everyone's fascination with the rocking horse shoes? I swear all I'm hearing on LJ is "omg rocking horses shoes arten't made of wood but foam omg faom is okay but wtf she said they had wood."

@_@ Maybe I'm just scared of them because they look dangerous. I can't walk very well in my shoes anyhow. I'm so clumsy.

Yaaay. For Tea Party. I cannot wait. I'm gonna give that french place a call about the Fruit Tart. I think they only have Blueberry and Raspberry... It would be nice if they had strawberry. :]

What kind of shoes are you talking about?? @.@

*Has no idea.*

And um, I have a question! Not sure if anyone can answer it, though.

I e-mailed both BABY and Meta with questions on certian items yesterday, and I have no yet gotten a reponse.

How long do those companies generally take to reply to questions?
I asked them in English, was that okay? I don't know if they even know English...

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2006, 05:28:36 pm »

*Has no idea.*

I e-mailed both BABY and Meta with questions on certian items yesterday, and I have no yet gotten a reponse.

I asked them in English, was that okay? I don't know if they even know English...

these: http://www.rakuten.co.jp/s-club/454543/454730/607646/

Baby and Meta both have one person each (i think) on staff who speaks english. Meta might respond within 2-3 days, and Baby in maybe a week.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2006, 07:29:48 pm »
Quote from: "maetel"

Baby and Meta both have one person each (i think) on staff who speaks english. Meta might respond within 2-3 days, and Baby in maybe a week.

Wow, those are adorable.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2006, 12:33:01 am »
Quote from: "maetel"

*Has no idea.*

Ooh, those are such cool shoes!
I want. :D

And thanks so much for the info. I was beginning to think that maybe BABY and Meta were going to ignore me becasue I hadn't used Japanese.

I mean, I took Japanese for four years--all though high school. But, uh. It would have taken like three hours to write them an e-mail if I'd done it that way. And I was lazy. >_>;

I hope they reply soon!
I am looking into getting:

But no matter what I get, it has to be the exact right size, or I don't want it.

And I will only be able to get one of these items, likely.

But they're my most wanted BABY and Meta items, right now~~

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2006, 09:30:02 am »
I would go for the first BABY dress seeing as you could wear it in the summer and winter... Accept maybe the sleeves aren't detachable.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2006, 10:16:17 am »
so cute, so cute
I like goats.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2006, 05:42:30 pm »
the Tea Party will be held in the Timberline/Weyehaeuser room
(go down stairs in the lobby, turn left, walk down hallway)

Offline Amerithe

• Cabbit
Culture, rejection, Hot Topic.
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2006, 01:49:37 pm »
Ok, in light of that what I just almost posted was fairly incomprehensible and rambling, I'll start something more succinct. I would like it to be known that your opinion of what is and is not loligoth, or whatever you'd prefer it to be referred to as, is significant, but not always requested. If I had resources, I'd dress up in these things you find tacky and tasteless, and bring a sign 'I'm not loligoth'. Ok, so you don't think it fits, too bad, I like it. Are you going to shun me for that? That I find attractive something you all seem to have concluded is tastelessly Americanized? I'm left with the feeling that you're rather like the furries, and probably some number of other groups I simply haven't watched enough to recognize the trend. You have your ideal of what qualifies, and that's nice, but maybe someone needs to define a separate group for the people you don't want. It still amuses me that something out of the mainstream, especially for the area, is defining who can and can't come with. Nonetheless. I'm sure I'm horribly wrong, and am expecting someone to explain why.
- Ryo's Amerithe
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad? said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2006, 01:59:54 pm »
lol wat? tl;dr

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
Re: Culture, rejection, Hot Topic.
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2006, 02:06:44 pm »
Quote from: "Amerithe"
Ok, in light of that what I just almost posted was fairly incomprehensible and rambling, I'll start something more succinct. I would like it to be known that your opinion of what is and is not loligoth, or whatever you'd prefer it to be referred to as, is significant, but not always requested. If I had resources, I'd dress up in these things you find tacky and tasteless, and bring a sign 'I'm not loligoth'. Ok, so you don't think it fits, too bad, I like it. Are you going to shun me for that? That I find attractive something you all seem to have concluded is tastelessly Americanized? I'm left with the feeling that you're rather like the furries, and probably some number of other groups I simply haven't watched enough to recognize the trend. You have your ideal of what qualifies, and that's nice, but maybe someone needs to define a separate group for the people you don't want. It still amuses me that something out of the mainstream, especially for the area, is defining who can and can't come with. Nonetheless. I'm sure I'm horribly wrong, and am expecting someone to explain why.

If its cosplay lolita thats fine...
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/3586048.html
is a link that was posted earlier in this thread that said it was fine.
Basically people dont want to see some super revealing no-thought outfit being worn that may or maynot pervert the style that those people cherish.

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2006, 03:13:36 pm »
thank you Kouta. the dress code is there for a reason; this event is not for random t-shirt ninja cosplayers or whatever~

and i don't think asking people to bathe and wash their clothes before they come is too harsh.

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2006, 08:02:00 pm »
No worries folks, no part of my ass or anythign else will be popping out

oO; I WAS kidding

Anyhow~ Since a lot of people said "omg so leik wai dont u go as a maid cauz i cant do lolliya" Fine :D

While fabric shopping for a cute maid outfit, I remembered the anime Hanaukyo Maids, and at the end credits there are three girls cosplaying as the triplet maids from the anime...so my outfit will be similar to theirs.

And yes, for the sake of cliche, I will be a maid CAT~ I wanna co as a [blank]/catgirl for one year, and this is it.

This will be my last year cosplaying for some time :( I'm moving to Canada sometime next year, and in the area I'm moving to there aren't any anime conventions T__T Then only thing is some creepy sci-fi con, which is cool but I.....I saw...*shudders*...pictures....30-40+ y/o 500+lb virgins who live in their parents basements dressed in tight StarTrek outfits...and...oh god the horror....THE HORROR!!!!!

U__u.....so...yea. Someday when I've lost some weight and it's legal for me to wear skimpy clothes without the standbyers going to jail for pedophelia, I'd like to go as Felicia :D

xRIxKUx !! I'm adding you to MySpace, that OK?

I like toootally like, lololol like you,m lol so we leik shood be friends *end moronic typing*

<3