Author Topic: blue gender... anyone?  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Finnbarr

• Oni
blue gender... anyone?
« on: July 13, 2006, 11:45:33 pm »
Hey I just wanted to see if anyone else was familiar with the slightly older anime series Blue Gender. I really enjoyed this series and would love to hear what other fans think of it. Its really a fantastic series with overarching themes such as the impact of war on the soldiers who fight in it, the absolute corruption of absolute power, and the ecological implications of our burgeoning human population exceeding the carrying capacity of the earth.

I admit I still don’t fully understand the ending but I’ve heard some theories and if you have any I’d like to hear them too! If you haven’t seen it I’d definitely recommend it. It is gritty and don’t expect named characters to survive all the time  :shock: . ~R rated.
Finnbarr AKA wolf
"I love super smash bros."

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
blue gender... anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:32:56 am »
I liked it a bit. one thing you can't watch it on Cartoon network for sure.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
blue gender... anyone?
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 06:17:44 am »
I never really watched it but it used to be on Adult Swim like 3 years ago.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Finnbarr

• Oni
blue gender... anyone?
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 09:47:59 pm »
See that's what really makes me sad. I think it's one of the most underrated series I've seen. It definitely isn't something you can jump into at a random episode. It's best to see it start to finish, but most people can only see it through CN or such and even then it's the edited stuff.
Finnbarr AKA wolf
"I love super smash bros."

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
blue gender... anyone?
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 10:22:04 pm »
Oooo. Blue Gender was the first adult swim anime I evah watched!

I would put my little tv under my bed until my parents went to sleep and then sneak it out and watch Blue Gender. Ha ha, I don't really remember the series that much since I was really sleepy (because I did need that sleep before school, but oh well)

I did like the series alot though, perhaps I should rewatch it sometime. I also really loved Marlene (that was her name wasn't it? >_>) she's rather hot.
Sweet Times