Author Topic: Melty Blood/ReACT/Final Tuned  (Read 14493 times)

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Melty Blood/ReACT/Final Tuned
« on: June 22, 2006, 04:35:01 am »
Hello!

A short intro...I've been to Kcon two years so far, and I've had a blast!  Last year, I participated in the Halo 2 tourney, as part of team Lolita Complex, if anyone remembers that!  :lol:

Anyways, I'm curious to know if anyone plays this game other than me and a few of my friends.  We'd be very interested in possibly setting up a tourney for the game if there is enough players interested in doing so.

If you don't know what Melty is, then you can get the gist of it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melty_Blood

It plays like a simplified Guilty Gear, so if you've played GG before than you most likely have an idea of what MB is like.  For those of you who have played it before....Discuss!  What do you like about the game?  What do you hate? Favorite characters? Most hated characters/moves?  Questions?  Tips?  Strategies?
~I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool~

Offline EdKun

• Cabbit
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 05:14:07 pm »
My only question concerning the idea is HOW would we play? Act Cadenza (the PS2 version) would be coming out a solid month or so before Kumoricon happens, so would we be playing that? Or would someone simply be providing their computer(s) and some gamepads for this event?

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 02:16:56 am »
I could always provide my computer push come shove.  I may have some connections that hopefully, already have AC on PS2 and we could set that up.

Offline DMStudios

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 11:34:03 am »
I'd like to play.  I've played some Final Tuned, but I'd like to play Act Cadenza.  I've been talking to a couple of people online about the game.
There's no "I" in D-Man. . . .But there's an honorary YATTA!

Offline EdKun

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2006, 11:04:42 am »
I have Act Cadenza on my PS2's hard drive, so that'd most likely be an option for people to play during the open gaming night.

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:00:28 am »
I'm glad to see that it will be more than just me and a friend actually interested in playing the game, and not just walk-by players.  :D

I can't wait to play some of you guys.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 11:47:32 pm »
Sounds awesome!

Especially because the characters from Tsukihime are in it. :D

Man, I wonder how cool Shiki Tohno is. :D

If anyone wants to help me get this game, please do so.

Hmm, I still need to find a PS2 hard drive, if anyone knows where to buy them seperately from the FFXI set.

EDIT:

Considering I have a gamepad for my PC, this'd be easy for me to play depending on how the controls are set up. Are Gamepads supported for this game (I mean the PC version, of course, for this question)?

EDIT2:

For the record, I am geeking out, mostly because I have seen the Lunar Legend Tsukihime anime. :D

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2006, 11:36:40 pm »
1st day of Melty was complete, and it seemed to garner some interest!

For the record, I was the guy in the camo jacket, and my nametag was Halcyon.  You'd see me playing Warakia and Warcrueid  :lol: .

I didn't catch any names unfortunately, but I had a blast playing with many of you.  Even though it was your first times, some of you stuck out and continued playing, which I admired.  Not a lot of people have the resolve to do so when being continually beaten by skilled players.  You've taken your first steps to potentially becoming good at the game, LOL!

Anyhow, hopefully it'll be there again on Day 2.  I hope to see some of you again!

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 10:29:34 pm »
My friend and I are MADLY in love with Melty Blood/Tsukihime. And everything else Type-Moon. I hope we can figure something out to play at Kumoricon. *directs friend to this thread*
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2007, 10:34:34 pm »
Mirror-Moon just finished their translation of Melty Blood.  I'm just waiting for them to upgrade the patch to RA, since I can't find the original anywhere.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2007, 10:51:40 pm »
I think my friend may have the patch, all I know is I had to re-format my PC so tomorrow I get to re-install all my games.

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2007, 11:56:36 pm »
I can't wait for them to upgrade the patch, but then again I should probably finish Tsukihime before I play MB story mode and confuse myself too much/spoil too much plot.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 11:38:47 am »
That might be a good idea. I didn't wait to finish and yeah, I spoiled it for myself.

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
Re: Melty Blood/ReACT/Final Tuned
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 06:17:43 pm »
As a note, I'll be down with playing Melty Blood with anyone who wants to throw down this year as well.  ;D

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2007, 09:54:36 am »
I would participate it if was going on.

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 05:37:30 pm »
Do you have Act Cadenza on PC?  The latest version?  I should be bringing my computer, and I'll have 2 adapters... it wont be much, but we can at least play something, eh?

I'll also have my laptop there, too.  Could be possible to play on that, as well.
Anyway, prob should start a new thread for the new version, since thats like, 06, and MB Act Cadenza vB is so much cooler.
(vA is on ps2, vB is not as of yet...)
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 08:51:23 am »
It may be cooler, but it would be a lot easier to get it setup on a ps2. I mean, who here has a hacked ps2 and doesn't have Melty Blood + some version of Guilty Gear? Honestly?!

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 03:23:56 pm »
Kyle - PS2 Melty Blood is an older version.  PC has the as of now newest release.

Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 01:24:43 pm »
It is, but we could always play an older version. Unless there was a few major broken bits that got changed.

Offline KogaRyu

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2008, 11:38:25 pm »
hey if i can make it, i have a japanese ps2 an melty blood wich could be used!  i would luv to play with other Melty Blood fans! i'll keep ya posted when i know for sure if i can make it!
Team Koga

Offline Mailorder

• Cabbit
    • Aftercon Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 03:48:14 pm »
Oooh, I'm game!  I used to play Melty Blood competitively, but now I'm definitely really casual about it.  In case it turns out the PS2 copy won't be at the con, I'll probably have my laptop with me through the con - and I've got MB Act Cadenza ver.B2 on it.  If people are interested enough, I'm down to play a few games!

GO GO GO

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2008, 10:31:48 pm »
So, I just realised how silly "Melty Blood" is.  Was someone trying to just prove that you just need an adjective then a noun and you have a video game title?  Melty isn't even a real adjective.

I'm not bashing the game, just the title.  Pretty loller.  Although World Hero Perfect and Soul Calibur are also great games with retarded titles.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2008, 11:13:51 pm »
Melty Blood is pretty silly. I'm also laughing my ass off at the Blaz Blue tagline of "Calamity Trigger".

In Japan, English doesn't have to seem sensible.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2008, 11:23:38 pm »
Yeah.  Zero Wing lol.  That game gave the world a preview of what the next 50 years of technology has been and will be. (interaction between 2 completely incompatible languages)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Mailorder

• Cabbit
    • Aftercon Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2008, 11:46:24 am »
I definitely laughed when I first heard the name of the game.  Didn't take it seriously until I actually played it.  Now when I introduce Melty Blood to other fighting game fans I have to reassure them that only the name is crappy : p

GO GO GO