Author Topic: On-Line KumoriCon AMV Trivia CONTEST HERE!  (Read 3285 times)

On-Line KumoriCon AMV Trivia CONTEST HERE!
« on: August 30, 2004, 01:44:00 pm »
Here is the AMV Contest Opener:

http://www.ados.com/~guy1656/KumoriCon/OP-AMV.htm

HOW TO PLAY:
1. Download the vid from the URL above.

2. Get a sheet of paper, title it 'GUESS SHEET,' and write your contact information:
(Name, address, e-mail, phone number, and BADGE NUMBER.)  You can start NOW and add your badge number later when you get your badge.

3. There are TWENTY THREE series used in the AMV. Do NOT count the Kumoricon graphics, the logo girl, or the city background. That said, watch the AMV and WRITE DOWN every series you can identify. You may guess, but see SCORING below. Your list does NOT have to go in order of appearance in the AMV.

4. I will be hosting a panel called 'Metallurgy of the Japanese Sword.' Find the panel and hand in the paper hardcopy at the END of the panel. Hall-ambushing works fine as I leave the panel room. Submissions will then CLOSE. (NOTE: Staff is free to over-rule this entry pick-up point and time, and I will defer to Staff if they annonce a different pick-up time and place - as long as they let ME know TOO :? )

SCORING:
1. You get +1 point for each series you name which IS USED in the AMV.
You take (-1) point for each series you name which is NOT USED in the AMV.

2. Bonus FIVE: There are five series which, because they are new, rarely used in AMVs, or only appear for a SHORT time ("Who was that?") you will get +2 to +5 for each of these special series (list and bonus values are pre-determined.)

3. Penalty FIVE: I have selected five other anime series OFTEN used in AMV's which are NOT used in the AMV Contest Opener. If you wrongly guess one of these 'mines' you will take a (-3) to (-5) point penalty (list and penalty values are again pre-determined.)

AWARD:
There wiil be ONE winner declared. In the case of a tie I will use a randomizer to choose between top tie scorers. The winner will be announced at Closing Ceremonies, and the prize awarded at that time.

WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Anone who will be a registered Kumoricon Member at the time he or she hands in the GUESS SHEET to me.

WHO IS *NOT* ELIGIBLE:
Simply for conflict of intertest purposes, I must bar the five AMV contest judges who prescreened the actual AMV contest (because they were near me while I was making it so they would have an unfair advantage.) You guys know who you are.

Other than that, if you don't have a con membership at the time you hand in your guess sheet, you're not eligible.

-G

{edit: Yes, even though this is posted by Guest, this is an official Kumoricon contest}

Offline Daystar

• Secretary
  • Sailor Scout
On-Line KumoriCon AMV Trivia CONTEST HERE!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 11:21:55 pm »
8O dude... thats a cool vid... even if its just meant for the contest i still think its very cool...  :D

i would join this contest but i think i only know about half of what seen in there... prolly all the newer old stuff... lol i liked what you did with the kumoricon graphics...  :D
'04 Volunteer
'05 Assistant to the Operations Director
'06 Info Booth
'07 Panels Staff
'08 Panels Coordinator
'09 Panels Coordinator
'10 Assistant Programming Director
'11 Assistant Programming Director
'12 Assistant Programming Director

Contest Results
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 08:36:23 am »
Jeez - I guess a lot of people were intimidated.
You didn't have to get them ALL just to TRY.

Anyways, I only got TWO entrants, one scored 9 points and the other got 15 points (he got a couple of +2 series but took a (-1) for one wrong guess.

The SHOWS, in order of appearance, (scene by scene)

The spots:
Kumoricon girl (did not count)
Hanaukyo Maid Tai
Kiddy Grade
Macross
Love Hina

then:
FLCL (kiss)
Kaleido Star (acrobats)
Puni Puni Poemi (magical girl)
Stratos-4 (girl in the jet)
Silent Service (volume knob)
Full Metal Panic (Mao and Kurtz)
Last Exile (Sophia alternating with Kurtz)
Samurai 7
The GOTT bish (again from Kiddy Grade)
Witch Hunter Robin (Amon)
Inu Yasha (Sesshoumaru)
Pretear
Aquarian Age (concert stage scenes)
RaXephon (hint: Mecha with FEATHERS)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor ("Locl and Load")
Gunslinger Girls
MadLax (unofficially called "Dot Noir" by some)
Noir (hmmmm, See?)
Aquarian Age again (girl in pink)
Neo Ranga
Angelic Layer

The explosion in the city is Raxephon again, because if it were two seconds of some other series, only otaku experts specializing in anime city explosions could possibly have gotten it, (unless we could see it was a cross-shaped explosion, and then we would all know it was Evangelion.)

Similarly, the concet stage scene didn't have two many clues by itsekf, so by throwing in the other Aquearian Age cut people had more of a chance.

Meanwhile, I conspicuously avoided 'over-exposed' series such as Trigun, Bebop, Eva, DBZ, Naruto, AMS, and Rurouni Kenshin, to give us all a BREAK.

- GLL