Author Topic: Live Chat, Post-Style RPG's  (Read 2335 times)

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Live Chat, Post-Style RPG's
« on: June 06, 2006, 06:02:49 pm »
I'm curious, do any of you folks do live chat post style RPG's like The Keep at webrpg.com for example? As you can imagine since I'm asking this question, I do. At the above mention site, but I love to check out new places and see how I fare there. If any of you do, please invite me to rp with you some time! 6.^ If you go to The Keep look for these characters of mine:

Dark_Lady
Kassendra_DeWinter
Flames_of_Calamity
Katamara_Mibu
Kassiama_Himura

I've been rping for about 8 years now. I think I'm pretty good, but there are so many out ther much better than I... the crazy thing is, sometimes they turn out to be like 14 and 15 years old!!! O.O lol. Pretty awesome generation we live in I suppose.
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 03:38:28 am »
So I guess noboday, eh? You all should try it some time... live action fanfiction, yeah baby!!! ^.^
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 03:14:02 pm »
Back in the day I used CheetahChat/Yahoo to RP. I really only had one character that I ever really used. I played him for two years before I cut back on RPing and right now I've pretty much stopped playing.

I use to be able to do what people called "Multi-Para" on a regular basis and I was pretty good. There were people out there better than me and back in the day, that was awesome. But towards the end of my RP career those people became... Well... Jerks. I'd use another word... Several others actually... When describing them but the rules of the forum prevent me from saying it. Many have become self-absorbed and will sit on Yahoo for hours on end waiting for someone to say something that they deem "idiotic" and begin an unrelentless textual assault on that person. It'll grow into a snowballing effect where many of these "veterans" will be insulting one random person. I laugh to myself since many of the veterans will insult people saying "You're on Yahoo too much" yet... They're on usually daily... Because everytime I go on, I'll see them on for hours on end and back in the day, I was on everyday.

I do miss RPing to be honest and wouldn't mind getting back in to it. But it doesn't interest me as much as it use to.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 04:34:57 pm »
I frequently witness such attacks on noobs and aspiring rpers alike from those 'jerks'. You get it everywhere. Nine times out of ten I take the poor guys side since I have a small amount of credibility and a number of friends since I keep my nose clean and watch my P's and Q's. I myself, I'm usally on at least once a day, but not for hours on end and never to just sit there and wait till someone says something. Although, my grandmother thinks I spend way too much time on it, but it so addicting, I agree. There have been times when I think I'll give it up, but then I find that really awesome rper that I want to get better than and I rp with them for a while to pick up their skills. Kinda like Demon Eyes Kyo of Samurai Deeper Kyo, hence the one character of mine, Katamara_Mibu ^.^

I'm no where near multi para posting, but I'm a para poster though at times they dwindle down to a few lines. Most of the people I rp with agree on quality not quantity, but it's still awe inspiring when you see a good multi para. Someday perhaps, someday ^.^

If you ever feel the itch to give it a swing, even for just one go, give me a holla out ^.^

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
I agree quality is important, but on Yahoo it has become a bane. I've frequently been in fights defending Para and Multi-Para just because a group of one liners/semi para RPers are too lazy to increase the length of their post. They'll say "Quality is better than quantity." Yeah, it is... But come on, you're posting a single line that, albeit descriptive, sucks and does very little other than to clutter the ever loving crap out of the chat room.

On the other hand, I've been in countless fights about why I don't multi-para on a regular basis. It became too much and the very few times I slip on to Yahoo in the last year I've been in fights. It's old now.

Quality is better than quantity... But don't use it as a crutch... That's one sign of a terrible RPer.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"