Author Topic: Okay, so first convention, and all that ;>  (Read 8363 times)

Offline TheBlackRider

• Oni
Okay, so first convention, and all that ;>
« on: June 19, 2006, 05:58:27 pm »
So, I have a problem remembering how to use Forums, But i'll try.

I've never been to an anime con, I'm one of those people that sits in their house for years and never leaves their room.

I want to make friends , and have some people to hang out with at anime conventions (I live in WA state).

I'd like to go to Kumoricon this year, if i can. but i don't really think i can go by myself, i'm scared..haha.

it'd be nice to know some people online, so i know SOMEONE will hang out with me :]. AAANYWAYS

i like the art of anime. i like music. i like languages. i play harp and love synthesizers :]

wooo.. i guess i could have shortened this to FRIENDZ PLZ ^___^ .. but i'm trying to be creative. :O!

I'll drop you off in Harlem with zee Black Rider, Out where zee bullets shine!

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 06:10:14 pm »
Hi there, I'm Shadow (or Miss Shadow really..). My first con was Kumoricon '05, so I'm pretty new to conventions too. ^^; Anyways, welcome to the forum and if you want someone to talk to don't hesitate to drop me a PM or email me. ^_^

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 06:52:33 pm »
Welcome to the Kumoricon forum where random acts of craziness is the norm.

I'm Negima, a veteran of Kumoricon since 2003.  Nice to meet'cha.  ^_^
I know there are a lot of people in Washington who come to the con and who are on the forum so you're not alone up there.

Offline x HatakeKakashi x

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:10:41 pm »
xD First time at the K-con?
Well, be prepared 0_0 I've gone since 04, this will be my 3rd time going in september.
My name's Bleu, you'll find me with an Edward(That's taller then me) from FMA, and I'll also be singing the milk song a lot to annoy him.
Or you can just look for the Envy drinking Ramune constantly.
Feel free to give me a poke, I love meeting new people. :3
nyappy. C:

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 07:39:56 pm »
Welcome to Kumoricon

Don't feed the otaku

DO NOT. FEED. THE OTAKU.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:31:09 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
Welcome to Kumoricon

Don't feed the otaku

DO NOT. FEED. THE OTAKU.

Aww... That's Pocky Club's job...

Hii. :3 I'm Neko_chan, nice to meet you! I went to Kcon this past year... Maybe we can hang ouuttt. Lettss be friends! I love friends. xD

Offline TheBlackRider

• Oni
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 09:27:21 pm »
Haahaha. well .. you might see me, i uhh..
have long black hair, with orange on the tips, and i dress like a gypsy.

Although my hair might be different then, WE´LL SEE !

nice to meet all of you :)

btw, people call me Nene.
I'll drop you off in Harlem with zee Black Rider, Out where zee bullets shine!

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 10:30:47 pm »
will be my first time at k-con as well... but been to 3 sakuracons so far so not new to conventions... hope to have fun and meet some people from these forums... well if they wanna talk to me :p
otherwise come on down and have some fun... people at cons are usually pretty nice, so I wouln't be too worried... plus its a con so you actually can go and not talk to a single person and still have a blast (like my first 2 sakuracons :D)

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 11:29:20 pm »
My advice would be: Cosplay. Its definately more fun when you do!
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 11:33:55 pm »
Whoo hoo, Washington people! ^_^

I hate to say it, since Sakura-con is my home con and all, but I just like the smaller crowd, so in my opinion Kumori-con rocks the socks off Sakura-con. I'd say its great for meet-ups and new friends for a couple reasons. 1. Its smaller - in 04 by the end of it, I felt like I knew a good percentage of the attendees, 2. From what I've seen, Portland is a safer/friendlier place than Seattle by a longshot.

KC 04 was my first con, and I met people there I still talk to. Maybe this will be your chance to expand yourself a bit?

Anyways, find me and say hi. I'll either be dressed like a biker/rock star (Haruko), a phantom theif (Dark), or a tennis player (Atobe). ^_^
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 02:45:01 am »
hmm....I used to be one of the those people that stay in the room all day and almost never leaves their rooms....actually...I'm still like that to an extent but then I do make the effort to get out of the house.

kumori should be a lot of fun, everyone is very friendly and very ethuisthic.  cosplay is purely optional, but it can be quite fun and many of us will be cosplaying something or another.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 06:00:46 pm »
remeber others arn't going to make you have fun you must be willing to have as much fun as you can!!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 10:17:51 pm »
Quote from: "Kendra"
My advice would be: Cosplay. Its definately more fun when you do!

x2

Cosplaying may be a little hindering, depending on your costume, but lordy lordy is it so worth it. Tons of fun.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2006, 12:09:37 am »
And dont forget if your under 18 you need to bring your aunt as a chaperone.  Hey even if your over 18 bring your aunt and find out her eye glass perscription and see if she wants to cosplay as Mom Racer or any of the crew girls from Star Blazers
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline BakaBishonen

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2006, 12:41:10 am »
Quote from: "Vondan"
And dont forget if your under 18 you need to bring your aunt as a chaperone.  Hey even if your over 18 bring your aunt and find out her eye glass perscription and see if she wants to cosplay as Mom Racer

hopefully it wont come down to that~!
see thats what i luv about conventions the people are just so friendly and easy to get along with, yes you'll have much fun
zero kiryu - 95% done

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 01:57:23 am »
...Prepare to hate me. I'm a cold, calculative person who enjoys causing mayhem and bringing pain to anyone who is weak enough to have those pathetic things called "emotions."

Swing by and say hi to me when you come, I'll be cosplaying *train rolls by* and it should be pretty awesome.

Enjoy K-Con, it's gunna be loads of fun.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline Halcyon

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 04:48:08 am »
Hello!

This is going to be my third time at Kumori, and also my third time at any kind of convention, so I'm still kinda learning the ropes.  I had a blast the last two times, and all I can say, is to try new things, watch something new, check out something you've never done before.

If you want to meet me, you'll find me primarily in the game room, wherever that will be this time around.
~I've got another confession to make, I'm your fool~

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 09:35:49 pm »
WELL HOWDY! I  hope if you go get to hit up Kcon then I hope you have a blast and such, one thing you hsould know DON'T drink the water, there be OTAKUS afoot.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 10:09:17 am »
Quote from: "Waffles"
WELL HOWDY! I  hope if you go get to hit up Kcon then I hope you have a blast and such, one thing you hsould know DON'T drink the water, there be OTAKUS afoot.

o_o! Nononononooo. Drink Water. Drink lots of water.

Don't listen to him! Do NOT try and go the whole convention on handouts of pocky and cheap ramen and ramune! PLLEEAASSSEE eat something everyday otherwise you will end up like a zombie. D: I also read that you should eat healthy before the con to prepare your body...

Oh, and take a shower every day. :]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2006, 10:12:08 am »
and bath regularly, can get stinky and lots of deoderent
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2006, 12:43:03 pm »
I am joiking of course you should eat healthly zi bring fruit with me when I go.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2006, 07:53:39 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
PLLEEAASSSEE eat something everyday otherwise you will end up like a zombie. D:

"HA!  I'm not gonna end up acting like a zombie at the con."
"Look, that vendor is selling plushies."
"Must... buy... plushie... ... ... ... ...braaaaaaains."

*Couldn't resist* ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2006, 10:05:01 am »
Yeah, there was a  chick handing out fruit and veggies and she told me she was suprised at how fast they went... And the end of the con all I wanted was a salad. xD

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2006, 04:22:59 pm »
at the end of the con all I wanted was more con and maybe a hamurger.

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2006, 10:37:22 am »
You won't see me, BECAUSE I WON'T BE THERE!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can't go to the con this year because of my mom. (Minor! I'm a minor! Woooooo...) I wish you good luck and good times though, and if you meet my brother poke him in the ribs.

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2006, 11:30:43 am »
Hey! I'm Michi and welcome to the boards and conning. I've been attending Sakura-Con since 2002 and Kumori-Con since 2003. I can mainly be found running around with a camera or in the Creation Station for Fanfic, if my time alots for it. But, if you do find me, you're welcome to ask questions.

Oh, do eat healthy, bathe, drink water, and bring friends.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2006, 02:16:34 pm »
hE HE he. I laughed so hard the first time someone told me to be sure to eat when I went to my first con. "How stupid do you think I am?" I thought.

Then I didn't eat. Like a stupid idiot. I was just having too much fun!! So I had to find a hamburger at 2 a.m. ARk! Bring some snacks!

And welcome - if you'd like to meet people, volunteer. I hear Street Team is hiring (hint hint). Breakdancing not required.

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2006, 06:54:00 pm »
We brought along a friend for 2005 Kumoricon.  That was his first anime convention.  On the morning of the first day, he asked what's for breakfast.  I just looked at him funny and burst out laughing.  

"Food and water, nourishment and hygiene.  Except you can't take a bath with a burger."

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 03:07:23 pm »
I attended my first convention in 1986 (science fiction convention.... anime conventions hadn't been "invented" at that time. However, the dealer's room did have a bunch of VHS tapes of fansubbed anime available.).

I don't know for certain how many conventions I've been to because I've averaged about 4 conventions each year since.... 'tis lots of fun to run into old friends at conventions.   :)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2006, 06:12:33 pm »
Fortunately 2AM tacos should be plentiful this year.

Mmm.... tacos.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2006, 04:25:12 pm »
Quote from: "Antares"
hE HE he. I laughed so hard the first time someone told me to be sure to eat when I went to my first con. "How stupid do you think I am?" I thought.

Then I didn't eat. Like a stupid idiot. I was just having too much fun!! So I had to find a hamburger at 2 a.m. ARk! Bring some snacks!

Yes, eating at a convention; always a major challenge. At my first convention (back in 1986), I was a freshman in college with, of course, little to no money. I recall attempting to survive the weekend by being a gopher (old terminology for volunteer) so that I could get food at the "gopher hole". Unfortunately -- as is typical for conventions -- one cannot survive eating exclusively the standard "volunteers snack set" available in the volunteer room (bagels, cookies, celery and carrots. yeah!). ghaaaaaah.

Of course, that turned out to be much better than my experience at Kumoricon '04... I snagged a muffin first thing in the morning and then was on panels all day until 4 pm, when I had to RUN to CosPlay area to begin judging. Due to several snafus, I only managed to get time to stop in the bathroom once, and didn't get any food at all all day. Around 10 pM or so [yeah, judging was still happening... ghaaaahhhh] I and the other judges who also had not eaten all day nearly mauled some poor guy who had a few pieces of candy. We did take his candy, but apoligized later... and then someone EXTREMELY NICE gave us each a piece of left over cold pizza. Oy... ALWAYS be sure to make time to eat, drink and excrete or you WILL be sorry or at least very scary..... :lol: