Author Topic: Vote for your favorite program cover!  (Read 8897 times)

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
Vote for your favorite program cover!
« on: June 01, 2006, 01:59:52 am »
Voting has gone live for the 2006 program cover:

www.kumoricon.info

Click on vote.

Late enteries are taken but may not be posted untill the following day so keep that in mind if you have not submitted yet.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 12:05:25 pm »
Think there are a couple bugs in the Yggdrasil system there Darkerlight. The PDF file was trying to eat this computer. Locked it up, was lucky to not have to re-boot.

I'll look later, or at least not try the PDF file, and edit this post to tell you what I think.

Took another look, didn't do the PDF files though. It looks like it will be nice and user-friendly. I even voted for the cover.

2nd edit. Loked at PDF file for Intro letter, it worked. Just slowly.

Ummm, will the all night anime info be up before the event? If it's in Portland, oops sorry nevermind. don't think I can get there from here after work that night. 3am you see. Or maybe I could, it wil be Friday to me!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 01:39:03 pm »
Yeah it happened to me to, i just killed the acrord32 process and it worked fine (ie: was able to go back and look at the rest of the site), i dislike acrobat reader alot in the first place anyways. (nothing against people that put stuff in the pdf form, i just dont like the file viewer and how its slow/buggy/and eats computer resources)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 05:18:12 pm »
Quote from: "Kouta"
Yeah it happened to me to, i just killed the acrord32 process and it worked fine (ie: was able to go back and look at the rest of the site), i dislike acrobat reader alot in the first place anyways. (nothing against people that put stuff in the pdf form, i just dont like the file viewer and how its slow/buggy/and eats computer resources)

Then call me for TS. I help people get Reader working all day long.
Also, that file is old! Are you running Windows 98?
adberedr708_en_us.exe is the way to go!

I'll go see what it does to my work computer with the full version of Acrobat on it, maybe I can convert the file.

EDIT-
As I suspected, it all worked fine.
If you're having trouble getting reader to load the links, here's our official usggestion.

Open Reader
go to Edit> Preferences> Internet
Make sure that "Display PDF In Browser" is NOT CHECKED. That is, uncheck it.

That solves 50% of our loading issues.

I will try and pester Nekochan for her pictures.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 06:34:04 pm »
AcroRd32.exe is still the process the newest acrobat reader uses (version 7.x) (I use windows xp pro x64 edition)... and yeah viewing the pdfs outside of browsers is what i should do, thanks for reminding me... keep forgetting about that.

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 10:57:07 pm »
if anyone can make the files smaller of more easy to use just email or pm me. The site has what doc were submitted to me and I put up whatever is useful or fun.
Click me! Help me hatch!