Author Topic: Eugene Area Anime/Manga Club???  (Read 69948 times)

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
Eugene Area Anime/Manga Club???
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"

Oh yeah I talked to my dad about the anime club.. he might be interested enough to take me ^_^...its pretty funny i got him sorta into anime through of all things.. sailor moon ^_^

sadly, that's how i became an anime freak.........through sailormoon.........
O.o

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2006, 07:50:21 pm »
that is how a great many of us became anime nuts... not all but a great many...

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2006, 04:17:47 pm »
well at least i'm not alone!  :lol:

Offline Naitokurab

• Oni
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2006, 09:40:16 am »
No, no your not. Sailormoon got me too. ...The terror of it all.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2006, 04:22:53 pm »
Any one else going to the meeting on October 28th.  We can all meetup at my shop and caravan there (And then I can get a ride)   I'd pay for gas and bring snakes and snacks.  

I was going to go with some one who would rather stay in town and watch a U of O Yoai Ball game
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2006, 09:03:49 pm »
uh where is this being held? Also I can't make it.. that is girls night out... yay for girly sleepovers.. but.. i just wanna know where it is being held anyway.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2006, 09:26:45 pm »
this month it is in Salem at Chemeketa College.  On the same day the anime club at the college is having a party so we can all stay for that

The meeting places move around between Eugene Portland and salem and maybe vancover this year.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2006, 10:15:49 pm »
o.O thats an awful long way if I gotta go all the way to portland or vancover

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 02:08:41 pm »
Quote from: "Nyco27"
I am currently (shooting myself in the foot) working on trying to get TUNAC restarted. If any of yas are UofO students or nearby when would you like meeting?

Furthermore UofO prof Miyao is running a Japanese Cinema night open to the public Thursdays at 7pm on campus in Lillis 182.

Nyco

Thanks for your efforts and this new information. My current enrollment is at LCC, but I'm not aware of any kind of campus group there. Is there a link for the calendar for the showings for this Japanese Cinema? Have you found it a valuable opportunity for outreach?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2006, 02:39:31 pm »
[quote="RemSaverem
 My current enrollment is at LCC [/quote]

you go to LCC?
lower columbia collage??

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 02:57:19 pm »
actually, that's Lane community college, here in eugene. thanks for asking!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 11:25:58 pm »
lol I will be going to LCC when I get out of highschool... yay for slightly affordable education. GUESSS WHAT PEOPLES.... MONDAY IS MY BDAY... XD I be turnin 17 yay me...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #62 on: October 23, 2006, 11:19:25 am »
happy bday today

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
Hi everyone.
« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2006, 12:55:11 pm »
I just wanted to say hi.  I live in Eugene and would be very interested in an anime club.  I'm really into anime but don't really have any friends who are also into it.  I have weekends free.  It would be really cool to socialize with some fellow otaku.  :)

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
Mmmmyes
« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2006, 05:14:48 pm »
hey, I'm from just outside Eugene (less than 15 minutes) and I'd totally be interested in going to anime club meetings and such. If you guys wanna PM me the times and place(s) (if there are any yet) then that'd be suuuperrr :)

To the death!
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2006, 06:40:55 pm »
Happy Birthday BabySugarBear!

Welcome to the newbies! So make an anime club already, we can't seem to focus long enough to start.

Did you say something?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2006, 11:03:39 pm »
JAY YOU NEED TO VISIT ME SOMETIME.... -.- bunghole... anyway... my bday was interesting to say the least... I found out some coworkers thought it would be fun to spread a rumor about a fellow coworker and I being a couple. His and my reaction "Oh my god..."Head falls right into hands. ... Yeah that was interesting... but yes... a club... WE MUST CREATE OURS!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2006, 10:26:58 am »
i finally have weekends off and i've been depressed so i've been reading more       (if that makes sense) mostly i've been into utena, the glimpses i can get from old      rica's i got cheap at st. vincent de paul of all places......yeah anyway i want to do whatever's going to be happening

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2006, 04:46:25 pm »
BabySugarBear, please post your new schedule so we can all visit you. I may have to go alone, my girlfriend can't seem to be dragged to a movie. Although she did manage to watch RV with me.

If I didn't need to eat so much popcorn and sodas and schnacks, I could afford to go to movies more often. $1.50 for a movie, and $15 for schnacks.

And that's with a small soda!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2006, 08:51:03 pm »
I won't be online for a while. I don't know how long. My father and I were just in an accident and he passed away. I'm sorry everybody for my absence on the forums. I <3 you all.

~Rachael~

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2006, 10:19:47 pm »
I am so sorry to hear that.

Ok folks, we are going to the movies, show some support for babysugarbear.

I have this Friday evening open. I think it will have to be the late showing however. Meaning the 9-10ish showing.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline corpsic beauty

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2006, 03:50:55 pm »
i'll be with you.....in spirit?
sorry my fridays already claimed.
but i feel you pain and i'm really really sorry!

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2006, 10:38:43 am »
OK I have briefly returned... what I would like... IS TO GET THIS CLUB STARTED... I want us to have a club in the valley for anime. This weekend is not good for me but the rest of you do me a favor and start communicating with eachother. I want to meet up in the next few weeks and/or months so that we can start up our club and I can get some hugs from people. I love you guys so you better get this thing in motion! Start talking, finding out where we can meet, what we can or can't do that kinda thing ok? So I will be here on and off but I <3 all of you...

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2006, 08:17:26 pm »
How about we elect Babysugarbear to be our club president? I make this nomination.

Second?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2006, 12:41:46 am »
Second.

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2006, 08:19:57 pm »
Ok so this is the deal... I work thursday,friday, sunday and wednesday night... so my only free night this week to meet is saturday. SO... I would like to organize a meeting for that night.  All those who can make it please let me know! This way we can get something going and I can know how many people plan on showing up!  Jaybug and I were thinking that Shari's over near the gateway mall would be a good place to have a sit down dinner/meeting just so we could get an idea of who is who and all that. Please let us know who can make it or who is interested in the club!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2006, 08:45:18 pm »
Ugh, I was going to say I would see you Friday at work, but the movie selection leaves much to be desired. Sorry.

I think I will be free after 6 Saturday. Those darn Ducks you know.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2006, 12:43:03 am »
I'm available for Saturday as far as I know.  I will plan to be there.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2006, 04:59:48 pm »
Ok, we got at least two people for Saturday. Sounds good.

Time???

And how to know another Otaku once there? Wear pink carnations?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2006, 05:22:37 pm »
saterday is good for me too  the sheries on gatway   I can close a little early and be there by 6
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2006, 10:17:41 pm »
I am thinking 6:30pm might be best for all of us? This way its not too late but people have time to be able to get over there? Um... I dunno how we will recognize eachother... Vondan knows meeeee... lol I guess I will show up at 6:15 or try to so we can get a spot... -.- I am gonna have to wear cat ears or something so you guys can just ask for the table with the girl that has cat ears. XD Ok well lemmy know what you people think of that time.

<3 Rachael ~TsunadeSama~

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2006, 10:43:43 pm »
I know who is babysugarbear is from the Photo thread (and seeing her at the theater) and I know jay and jay knows me, I might know some of the others from the old campus or ECC anime club but who knows.    So if BSB gets a table at 6.15 and tells the staff it's for 6 peaple and it's for an anime club
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
« Reply #82 on: November 02, 2006, 12:40:19 am »
6:30 is good for me.  None of you know me but I wear gold rimmed glasses and my name is Brian.  I'll see you there.  :)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2006, 12:47:55 am »
Quote from: "Zantar429"
6:30 is good for me.  None of you know me but I wear gold rimmed glasses and my name is Brian.  I'll see you there.  :)

yeah good the more the merryer up to to a point.  Only one of the Zantars need to come to the meeting the other 428 can wait for a report that 429 submits to 001
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline OokamiGirl

• Oni
    • http://the-lioness.deviantart.com/
« Reply #84 on: November 02, 2006, 01:18:51 am »
Aww, too bad I'm busy Saturday. I would have gone. XD

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2006, 02:31:14 am »
for your guys sake i will wear kitty ears or something :P ALSO I am closing on thursday and friday so vondan and jaybug visit me okies... I could use a hug or something.Oh yeah... my mom is gonna be there... -.- she is my ride and such... and stuff..

<3 ya all and its ok if you can't make it... please people give me an idea of what days and times are good for you people so I can make new meeting times and these can be discussed at saturday's general meeting.

<3 Rachael

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2006, 12:07:28 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Quote from: "Zantar429"

yeah good the more the merryer up to to a point.  Only one of the Zantars need to come to the meeting the other 428 can wait for a report that 429 submits to 001

Don't worry, the other 428 just live inside my head.  ;)

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2006, 05:44:35 pm »
for those of you coming to the meeting tonight i will be wearing kitty ears! see you all there!

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2006, 11:06:28 pm »
Alright so the first general meeting of the as we are called right now OUNAC (Other UnNamed Anime Club) that is a temporary name... so dont yell at me... went well.... We have four members that showed up including myself.

Our next meeting will be at Vondan's shop at 865 Conger Street in Eugene. I am not sure what we will be watching yet. Those who plan to attend this meeting it will be Saturday the 11th and I would like to know who will plan on attending this meeting. The actual time will be announced soon. Bring Snacks!

Thank you to those who did attend tonights meeting. I had a great time. Don't forget to invite your friends who might be interested in joining!.... Our plan is to have another great time and watch some good anime!

<3 Rachael

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2006, 05:01:00 am »
Excellent... I will be sure to be there next week; I already know where Dan's shop is. :)

Sorry I didn't join in this week. I didn't catch the thread posts, and also I was called in for temp work -- the dang Ducks game, again...but hey, gotta have money before anime. Ducks games don't come every week, though, so they shouldn't interfere often (some people here watch football, unlike me, not to mention the traffic on game day).

I'm glad you at least got four people; that's good for a club that's just started out. If each of you try to bring friends, you will have enough for a good time. :)

Hmm, cat ears... I really need to make me a pair sometime. The ones you can make for free at the con look too low-budget and fragile, and the ones you can buy at the con cost a fortune and are not personalized.
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2006, 10:02:46 am »
It might be a month or so before I make it but at some point I intend to.

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2006, 11:48:37 am »
I think our plan is to try to have meetings every other saturday after this. I also need those who are interested to give out these simple things your name, phone number, email and user name :P... its also nice to know what you prefer to be called and age.... so far we have a wide varity of ages. Yay for older otaku and young otaku alike... I like the age differences... means that nerds don't die off right after highschool... no they go on to run anime conventions! (meg don't hurt me I love the convention... don't eat my future babies!)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2006, 09:25:33 pm »
Don't worry so much babysugarbear, she won't be able to get out of Beaverton, the traffic you know.

So we are going to watch something from vondan's Giblet's pack?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2006, 10:19:08 pm »
I think that would be good til I can get some stuff on netflix qued up for us or I can snag Kimi's copies of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon which Vondan wanted to watch XD....

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #94 on: November 06, 2006, 05:13:58 am »
Quote from: "babysugarbear28"
I think our plan is to try to have meetings every other saturday after this. I also need those who are interested to give out these simple things your name, phone number, email and user name :P... its also nice to know what you prefer to be called and age.... so far we have a wide varity of ages. Yay for older otaku and young otaku alike... I like the age differences... means that nerds don't die off right after highschool... no they go on to run anime conventions! (meg don't hurt me I love the convention... don't eat my future babies!)

Die off right after high school?... Heck, I attended my first anime convention when I was 20. I had just *barely* started to get interested towards the end of high school. Although, admittedly, anime fans have apparently gotten slightly younger on average, thanks to Cartoon Network and other channels that have been airing more and more dubbed anime series...

Y'know, I think it's rather weird that some people talk to Meg like age is a sensitive issue. For instance, Nyco, our Programming Director, is around 18, and some people comment on how "young" she is. I don't remember Meg's exact age, but I don't think the age difference between Meg and Nyco is any more than 8 years. Does it only take 8 years to go from "young" to "old"? :P .... ;)

Apollo Justice

Offline Zantar429

• Cabbit
« Reply #95 on: November 06, 2006, 10:04:59 am »
Well, at the meeting on Saturday BSB declared everyone else at the table to be "creepy old guys", so I guess I'm already old at 28, and creepy to boot.  ;)

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #96 on: November 06, 2006, 04:31:19 pm »
creepy yes... old... not really... you should speak more... then you wouldn't be so creepy.... its the quiet ones that creep me out... XD

VONDAN GIVE US A TIME TO MEET AT YOUR SHOP!!!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2006, 04:46:18 pm »
Should we all bring a DVD, and then vote on what to watch?

If superjaz comes down, bring kit-kat's and peanut butter cups!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2006, 10:09:37 pm »
Lol okies everybody bring something then we can vote

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2006, 03:31:46 am »
Okay. I have almost zero DVDs, though. I can bring Fruits Basket if you want, but I only have disc 1 so far.

I do, however, have two unopened DVDs I've won at conventions that I wanted to exchange rather than watch. So I could conceivably get more Fruits Basket, or whatever.

Also, the reason I have almost no DVDs is because I usually rent them from Emerald City Comics. If there's something we'd definitely like to watch that nobody owns -- practically anything -- I can probably get it there. We'll probably have to talk about that at a meeting, though. And for that to happen, I'm going to have to show up first, so I'll shut my mouth now until next meeting...

Apollo Justice