Author Topic: STREET TEAM 06! Watch / post here for info...  (Read 38330 times)

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Uber UPDATE
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2006, 10:29:06 pm »
Dropped off fliers at the following locations:

Things From Another World, Milwaukie -- Dropped off fliers with Sane, the manager. He encouraged me to contact Lisa at Dark Horse Comics for donations (Meg our con chair talked with her last year). Lisa is no longer there. Our contact is now Kelly Macsisak. I mailed her a letter and left her a Voice Mail. I will attempt to f/u. with email. 6/23 - checked and there were still some there.
Redding Library, Milwaukie -- Left fliers in magazine rack near entrance. 6/23 - checked and there were still some there.
Counter Media, Portland -- Dropped off fliers. He said he would contact us if he wanted a table etc. (good source for henti for those of you interested). I will send an auction letter. Cool place. Gotta find out the owner’s name (recon mission to collect business card in order…)
Reading Frenzy, Portland -- Dropped of fliers. Said they cannot donate. Not interested in a table, but said that they would pass on info to some of their zine makers who draw manga. Perhaps take off auction list, vendor list, and ad list (if such lists existed.) Receptive to fliers so I will try back with posters. They have the CUTEST stationary (see scan - below) - they also carry a book called Fruits and Fruits II http://www.blackjelly.com/Mag2/gallery/fruits.htm - which has some AWESOME costumes…
Video Lair -- Video rental shop in Sellwood. Has a small anime section. Dropped off fliers.
NOVA - Northern Oregon / Vancouver Anime club. We have a link to their site - can they reciprocate? Have they?
Future Dreams Comics - Tables etc.? Paru believes they have done tables at conventions before. The guy was busy when we asked him but did not say no. Antares will F/U / mail him something.
Main Branch Library - fliers left at info desk. They said they'd put them off. Nice shelf of manga in graphic novel area
Powells downtown - they were very nice and let me leave them at the desk nearest the manga section.
Gamers Hideout on 99E - left fliers and info
CDGameXchange also on 99E (McLoughlin Blvd.) - left fliers, got name of contacts to possibly approach for donations / ads etc. Dave or Joe reachable on Mon or Thurs A.M. I have their phone number (Darkerlight, I'll email you. - Antares)
Things From Another World (42nd\sandy street)-  mentioned firstly that the Milwaukie store makes the choice about any of this then corrected themselves and said Dark Horse Corporate office. They did ask me (Paru)what the other locations said, I said I personally did not do the others and can't remember what was said.  So I just dropped off fliers. Antares will check back with Corporate.
Heroes and Hobbies -  Hawkeye, do you want to make contact, or take them of the “list”? The man Kendra talked to wasn't really responsive, and asked to be contacted by someone who was 'from the convention' before putting out the fliers. hobbies@yahoo.com.
The Pillows concert in Seattle.
Emerald City Comics - VonDan hit, they wanted 100 fliers. He gave them 30. They want more fliers and posters. My be interested in auction (Antares can send beg letter), not interested in vender table.
The restaurant we had our June meeting at :-)

I'm pretty sure we have the following shops covered:

Matt's Cavalcade of Comics - NecoChan?
New Age Comics & Cards - a Beaverton local; Hawkeye, Kendra, TomTheFanboy?
Nostalgia Collectibles - Ditto
Things From Another World Beaverton - Ditto
Powells Beaverton - Ditto
Uwajimaya (they already have posters up in their merchandise section!) - Ditto
Game shop in Beaverton Mall (name?) - Ditto
Cosmic Monkey Comics Inc.- Paru?
Excalibur Books & Comics - VonDan?
Periodicals & Books Paradise - Paru?

Once we get the posters, I’d like to go back and make sure we don’t need to restock anyone .

Plans
Places we still need to hit!!!!

Jazen Beach Area - EcchiSpice (I'll try to get you a list of places)
Excalibur - Hawkeye?
Ancient Wonders (Game shop in Tualatin)
Movie Madness - I can hit them - Antares
PorSFis - Portland Science Fiction Club
PSU's anime club
Powells on Hawethorn
Rainy Day Games - TomTheFanboy?
Other Libraries!
Restaruants!
More shops!

WARNING! I cannot say for sure that all of the following places are still around - you can check out http://the-master-list.com/ (online list of comic shops) to see if they have phone numbers / more info!!!

Rainy Day Games
1235 N.W. 185th
Aloha, OR

More Fun
105 E. Main
Ashland, OR

Pegasus Books of Bend
105 N.W. Minnesota Ave.
Bend, OR

3rd Millennium Comics
63455 N. Hwy. 97 #40
Bend, OR

3rd Millennium Comics
2409 Butler Market Rd.
Bend, OR

American Sports
1824 N.E. Division St. #C
Bend, OR

Sasquatch Games
236 E. Pine St.
Central Point, OR

Bunker Hill Books
1151 Barry St.
Coos Bay, OR

Jim's Trading Post
29335 Salmon River Hwy.
Grand Ronde, OR

Beyond Comics
Inc.
766 S.W. 6th St.
Grants Pass, OR

Beyond Comics
Inc.
322 E. Main St.
Medford, OR

Camelot Comics and Games
406 E. 1st St.
Newberg, OR

Comics Unlimited
2048 Sherman Ave.
North Bend, OR

Collection Connection
11015 S.W. Capitol Hwy.
Portland, OR

Bob's Cards and Stuff
75938 Rockcrest St.
Rainier, OR

Heroes Haven
635 S.E. Jackson St.
Roseburg, OR

Neverland Comics
150 N.E. Garden Valley Blvd.
Roseburg, OR

Danger Zone
1326 State St.
Salem, OR

Bob's Cards and Stuff
1945 Columbia Blvd.
St. Helens, OR

Ancient Wonders
19060 S.W. Boones Ferry Rd.
Tualatin, OR
97062-7002
Other notes:
Tengoku (University of Portland's Anime club) - Tengokuno club(UP.edu) doesn't meet during the summer and the end of the semester party happened before the meeting. the next time they meet would be after the con or rather at the con for those attending.
Takashi Miike movie @ Clinton Street Theatre - July. Dropping off fliers, other partnership?
 NW film center will be showing "sons of Samurai" a marathon of samurai movies from June 30th to August 12th. Paru could ask if he attends one of the movies, but maybe we would want to pursue partnership?

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Rally
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2006, 02:42:59 pm »
I was just wondering if people would like to do a road trip and deliver flyers/posters around the state? I don't know exactly, but I thought this way we could get some more experienced con-goers to talk to shopkeepers about flyers, and still have a picnic somewhere. And also cover a little more ground quickly.

Just a thought.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
STREET TEAM 06! Watch / post here for info...
« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2006, 05:33:44 pm »
Antares you are so on top of things! Keep up the good work!

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2006, 10:23:05 pm »
Awe! Thanks !

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
We are all team Kumori!
« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2006, 05:30:54 pm »
Dropped off at Just Be Complex, China Town Portland
I have contact info for follow up, and they are interested in a table.

Also flyer drop Ground Kontrol Gaming and Backspace Internet Cafe.

Antares, I have 5000 more flyers, but the posters have to be recreated, as the file was CORRUPT. Ugh, bad luck. I'll do my best to get them in tonight, but it may not print until after the holiday. :(

I'll hit Jantzen Beach this weekend, in case y'all were wondering if this was being worked on.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2006, 05:28:26 pm »
Yeah, that post from Gus was actually from me.

Flyers dropped of at Uwajimaya, Karaoke Box.

The posters had to be recreated from scratch. I have the image uploaded to the printer now, but with the holiday weekend, we won't have them until Thursday.

Note to all publicity. When you create an image, icon, poster, flyer, etc., ALWAYS make sure you create it at 300dpi or better. I finally found an uncorrupted save of the poster only to discover the background was 72dpi. Very grainy on an 11x17. The background will still appear grainy, but this time its because of the FLCL inspired design, instead of a bad copy. And this time its a Portland bridge.

Also, the printer requires CYMK, not RGB.

Little details like this can cost weeks of time that we could have been using to hand out posters. (To be fair, it helps to have money to pay for the things, too!!)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2006, 10:33:04 pm »
Today I had a successful flyer run!

Dropped off flyers at:

Kicks Hobby Japan - This was a small store and seemed like the most promising, and the most anime-centric. They also had a large DVD rental selection, which is impressive.
543L N.E. Northgate Way
Seattle, WA, USA, 98125
http://www.kicks-hobby.com/

Zanadu Comics - Two locations, I went to the downtown one. They were happy to display the flyers and offered to bring half of them to the U-District location! Saving me a trip. :) Large manga collection, much Tokyopop and Viz, saw Shojo Beat there.
1923 Third Avenue (the one I went to)
Seattle, WA 98101
and
1307 NE 45th
Seattle, WA 98105
http://www.zanaducomics.com/

International Model Toys - An anime-themed shop specializing in models, figures, and toys. No website, but I discovered it by accident because it was next door to one of my planned stops!
601 S King St.
Seattle, WA 98104
(no web site)

Arcane Comics & More - Only a small manga section (said they only carry manga when people ask for it). However, they were happy to display the flyers, and said they would point them out to their manga customers.
5809 15th Ave NW
Seattle, WA 98107
http://www.arcanecomics.net/

Pink Godzilla - Import and retro games. They weren't sure they could show the flyers (I think the distance from Seattle to Portland at least discouraged it), but I gave them some.
601 S. King St. #101C
Seattle, WA 98104
http://www.pinkgodzillagames.com/

Kinokuniya Bookstores - They directed me to a sort of "free newspaper" stand where I could place the flyers. The stand looked a bit crowded/messy, not sure how long they'll last in good shape. :)
525 South Weller St.
Seattle, WA 98104

Seattle Public Library - Central Library - Had a place at a single table for flyers with a modest selection already present, but had to get approval to add any there. I left them off and they will decide. Unfortunately I doubt ours will be accepted, just based on the few I saw.
1000 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104

At every place (except Kinokuniya where it was an open stand) I also gave a printout of the web site's "Contact" page along with the flyers.

I think there are several more promising places in Seattle for me to make another run but with today's trip I am out of flyers! (On that note...how many is a good number to give out? I varied it a bit by place based on my estimate of effectiveness at that location. Usually I gave places around 50 or less.)

Also I'm emailing publicity with a few follow-up notes.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2006, 04:32:02 pm »
Jantzen Beach, You have been warned.

I stopped into all the retaurants in decent walking distance to give them a heads up. Looks like McDonald's may offer a promotional coupon, and Border's (attached to Starbucks) will be building their manga collection up.

Every manager was extremely grateful that we took the time to warn them well in advance.

Flyer Drops
Morning Glory (Sanrio store) in Lloyd Center (man, I hope they buy an ad. I don't think anyone knows they are there.)

Border's books Lloyd Center, though they can't display flyers , they can distribute to employees.

Restocked Powell's Book store in downtown Portland. (Once again proving that local is better. :P)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: July 04, 2006, 02:49:48 pm »
lets see here portland updates
Cosmic Monkey - Droped off Fliers, Owner was intrested in poster, had already gotten a table and said check back in a month(2 more weeks) for possable raffle item.

Havn't had time to check NW film center for those movies, not sure when I could make it. I try to hit that book store on Hawthorne today.
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
2014 to 2017 Table Top Staff
The Munchkin guy

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2006, 09:15:39 pm »
Quote from: "EcchiSpice"
Every manager was extremely grateful that we took the time to warn them well in advance.

He he he. "Girls and boys with kitty ears coming soon." Did you wear your mascot costume?

Way to go Paru and Jeff. I am waiting to hear from the Beaverton branch.

Oh, and I have been leaving between 20 -100 brochures depending on the location. When in doubt, check with the store to see what will get them through the end of August. We have more fliers now (tho not unlimited).

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 06:10:07 pm »
I have printed Ad letters (25), Newsletters (25), Ad rate sheets(25), contact lists(25), and a few checklists. I could not access the Zip file to print flyers. I got the 404 error message.

It looks like all I need are flyers and posters, and perhaps a clue, and off we go!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2006, 09:00:49 pm »
hello
i noticed a comic book shop called future dreams on the bus on the way to viset my boyfriend i was wondering if this place as it looks out of the way, has been viseted by kumoricon, if not i would be happy to stop by but would like to know first :)
superjaz
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:34 pm »
I went to 4 shops today

Nostalgia and Collectables, no nerdy girls to report so I dropped off 20 flyers, they are not interested in being a vender or donating for an auction outside of eugene

Addictive behavior, no nerdy girls to report so I dropped off 20 flyers, they are not interested in being a vender or donating for the auction as they have no anime related stuff

Big City Games of Eugene, no nerdy girls to report so I dropped off 20 flyers, they are  not interested in being a vender they have done K con and S Con before but not this year (I think it’s a chain so a store in Portland may be there), need to come back and ask the manager about a donation

Emerald City Comics, no nerdy girls to report (but when I was telling some friends about the lady who wants to introduce me to her niece in china and get me a china girl wife two mousey Asian girls in glasses appeared from behind a shelf and ran off) picked up 30 flyers (some Bogart had brought in a stack of 200) still said ask him latter about a donation

Evolution Gaming, One nerdy girl in glasses reading a book to adorable to look at so I talked to a bunch of old time war gamer guys with gray hair and then dropped off 30 flyers, they are big anifans but can’t go due to family commitments, will ask his boss (wife) about a donation
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2006, 05:25:53 pm »
Sent e-mail to "Brooklyn John" who used to have a radio show called Media Circus, a media and culture review, on Saturday afternoons here in Eugene. He replied back, saying he would love to  come to Kumoricon, and even to host a panel.

Just sent him links and asked him if he had ideas where to go to place flyers/posters.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2006, 05:32:50 pm »
I listened to Media Circus every week, called in once and then they canceled the show the next week.   I was gonna try and call a lot as I  was in film school once.  After looking in the shows photo gallery after the  call screener said she wished there was an action figure of her I started a Pirate princess Holly with box art until she said she got engaged
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
The POSTERS are here!!!!
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2006, 08:17:38 am »
Yes, the wait is over. The posters are here, and they are great! Please email / PM me if you need some. We really need to do another big push to get out to the shops. Some quick points:
1. Con book deadline EXTENDED. People can still buy ads until July 31.
2. Tables are still avalible for VENDORS. Be sure to mention this and put anyone interested in touch with exhibitors@kumoricon.org
3. A good idea is to run off a copy of the CONTACTS PAGE from kumoricon.org to leave with managers / owners of store. http://kumoricon.com/?page_id=17
4. Also still accepting ANY AND ALL AUCTION DONATIONS.

Please let me know if you have any questions. I can drop off posters werever you may need them, or I can give you my address if you would like to pick them up. Thanks and Good Luck!

Sarah "Antares"
 :D

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2006, 03:39:36 pm »
I gave posters and flyers to vondan last night after work, so he can work Eugene.

Now am hoping I don't have to work Friday night, as we don't know if someone will cover. And this is suppsed to be my new day off??? GRRRR!
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2006, 01:12:55 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
hello
i noticed a comic book shop called future dreams on the bus on the way to viset my boyfriend i was wondering if this place as it looks out of the way, has been viseted by kumoricon, if not i would be happy to stop by but would like to know first :)
superjaz

Go ahead and stop by and see if you can see any fliers. Someone did stop there but it's good to check. Thanks

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
Street Team Update – 7/14/06
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2006, 04:55:16 pm »
We got some good response from people thanks to the posters being in.

Besides posting here and emailing the core group of Street Teamers, I contacted about 50 people from the forums who at one point or another expressed an urge to help out the con. This has lead to packets of posters and fliers being mailed to

- Bend, OR

- Newberg, OR

And dropped off in

-         Beaverton

-         Vancouver

-         SE Portland

Also , Jaybug took a mess of them back to Eugene with him,

So watch those places for posters to start popping up!

Also – I mentioned in one of my emails that we shouldn't hang fliers on telephone poles – here is the law info behind that: http://www.leg.state.or.us/ors/368.html - 368.942 Posting notices, signs or pictures on structures within county road right of way prohibited.
I didn’t know that until I worked for a political group and they told us not to. So "the more you know" hu?

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2006, 06:10:10 pm »
Oh my gosh, the posters are BEAUTIFUL!!

I have started my attack on the city of Vancouver, putting posters and fliers up on anouncement boards in my apartment complex and local stores like fred meyers and before I really visit to comic book stores and stuff I am going to go around to alot of other apartment complexes and put the posters up near the mail boxes where there are announcement peg boards.  I hope that works out because I always pay attenion to the things on my peg boards and I know others will as well!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2006, 03:32:18 pm »
Deliveries made to the following cities, shops.
          Roseburg; Neverland, Heroes Haven
          Grants Pass; Neverland
          Ashland; More Fun

Only took 9 hours.

This Friday, the coast run. Need to contact Dustin, that he can do Florence. While I go further south.

The owner of Heroes Haven told me that a fellow stops by on his way to Brookings and drops stuff off every year. Hasn't yet. I ask, who is this? Because it may be nice not to drive so much if I don't absolutely have to/

Neverland of Grants Pass said it has been a couple of years since someone stopped by for Kumoricon. Was glad to get stuff.

Neverland in Roseburg was all excited about the con, especially the gaming.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2006, 09:54:08 am »
Yippie! Paper the world with poster!

I hit:
Video Lair - Sellwood
Twin Paradox Cafe - Sellwood
Things from another world Milwaukie
Milwaukie Library

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2006, 08:23:22 pm »
I still need more flyers so I'm hoping they will be available at the July meeting.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2006, 07:36:39 pm »
Street team ... need to... get out... one more time... before ... PRE REG ends...

That means NOW thru August 10 peeps!!!

Please post / email / PM me as to what you are hearing on the street.
Anyone interested in the fact that....

- We have a few tables left
- We have some room left in the con book (but need to know if anyone wants ads like now)
- We still need AUCTION donation

By the way, the Live Charity Auction will have a table in the vendor room where we will be displaying auction items and, if we get donations soon (as in before the end of the month), we can thank the donors in the con book! Also, if any of YOU have donations you'd like to make to a GREAT CAUSE (http://www.pearmentor.org) please get in touch with me. (takes off auction hat)

Finally -- I wanna put together a final wrap-up report so let me know what's going on out there as soon as you can.

Thank you all!!!
May your Pocky-box never be empty.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2006, 03:23:11 pm »
Thank you whoever dropped stuff at  
Excalibur Books and Comics - They are making a nice donation to the auction!

Also, I sent more fliers / posters to a new contact in
Beaverton
and one in Astoria

Dropping more off tonight at:
Movie Madness
Counter Media
Main Branch Library

Powells - note - do not ask Powells for auction donations - they have said no
Ground Control
Backspace
Wonderland

Followed up with a few leads via email including:
Cosmic Monkey
Evolution Gaming
Zanadu Comics
Kicks Hobby
Ancient Wonders
Future Dreams

Touched base with NW film group and awaiting responce (They are showing Samuri films through August - thanks for the tip  Paru)

Gave posters to Uwajymaya (since I was there)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2006, 06:12:18 pm »
future dreams has the kumoricon poster on there window facing the street yayness

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
Update from Paru
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2006, 10:36:50 pm »
SWEET!

here is another update:

Right now as mentioned I'm working on some details for event for NOVA memembers I have given out 7 posters and a large chunk of those fliers.
I plan to post something on the NOVA mailing list after the weekend.
In terms of kumoricon fliers and what not... 1 poster given to Future Dreams, Didn't have time to check if they put it up yet. They are moving I belive before the Convention, so can't be too sure what they will able to do.. 1 Poster Given to Clinton Street Theatre with a few hand fliers. Also gave a poster and those index cards to a video store a block away(has section devoted to anime).
Earlier Today I gave Cosmic Monkey a poster and some more cards(they were almost out). While In the neighborhood I stoped by Tower Records by Gateway and was greeted and Thanked alot for coming. 3 posters and about 5 cards. I didn't want to press them for other info but... the person(possabily manger\owner) knew it from last year and was worried about it selling out even now. I explained I don't know that information but was told to still pass this out. He said he could take a few of those and make his own copies of the fliers on paper(thus saving me those index card fliers for something else). I have a few more idea's that might be good: Movie Madness and Just Be Toys. If they don't have any.

Feel Free to update this at the forum, I'm not exactly sure when I'll be able to, sometme next week I think.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2006, 09:15:59 am »
I have taken a poster to my local library.  There is quite a few anime fans that meet up at the Washougal library.  Most of them are middle schoolers/early high schoolers, but I'm sure that some of them will be interested.  Plus, one of the librarians there is into anime, as well.  However, I know he won't be coming because he and his wife will be off somewhere over the weekend, I think he said in southern Oregon.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2006, 10:23:06 am »
i'm going to grants pass next weekend and if i happent to see a comic store.. :3

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2006, 10:41:02 am »
ha I'm also going to Grants Pass this weekend - on 6th street in downtown (near A st, kinda near the 7-11) there is a newish cybercafe, might want to consider dropping a flyer there. Further up the street  on the other side there is a gaming place for tabletop but they might have gone out of business. I don't know of any comic shops there but I'll ask my bro and get back to you.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2006, 11:08:05 am »
Just thought id comment. I work at Yahoo and have 3 posters lined up here. One in each break room and one between the bathrooms LOL, no one can miss them! and alot of people here are going.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline aaero

• Cabbit
« Reply #81 on: August 02, 2006, 11:34:14 am »
I don't mean to spam, but whoever put the fliers up at the bookstore in Uwajimaya did a good job - they are difficult to miss and well-placed considering how "busy" that store already is. I haven't seen any at Small World Surprise (I call it the "Hello Kitty" store) at Cedar Hills Mall, but I haven't been there in a week or two.

It's cool that Yahoo let you put up the fliers kylite ^^.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2006, 12:10:46 pm »
Looking good.  I appreciate everyone saying where they saw posters / fliers (i.e. Future Dreams in the front window, Uwajimaya) even if you didn't drop them there. Good to know that they are getting up and out!!!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #83 on: August 03, 2006, 05:00:20 pm »
Ok so I gave out the rest of my fliers a couple of days ago but I didn't get a chance to post until today.  Let me share my progress in Vancouver:

I left fliers at the following locations:
*A Community board in the Fred Meyers by my work
*The community board at my apartment complex ( several times because people keep wanting them)
*The community board at my old apartment complex.
*Mind Candy comic shop
*Amazing Stories comic shop
*Special Thai (my favorite thai resturant!)
*Borders at the mall
*Hot Topic at the mall
*Barganza, the bubble tea place at the mall
*Suncoast at the mall
*Sam Goody at the mall

And that is it, I was surprised that so many places at the Vancouver mall were open to letting us put fliers on their counters, Borders even took a poster to hang up!

So those are all the places I hit before running out, unfortunately no one donated or anything, but that should really help get the word out there in Vancouver! =D  I feel accomplished!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #84 on: August 03, 2006, 05:29:41 pm »
The only poster i've put up so far is on my cubicle.

That's Stream ECE in Beaverton. I've got the little flyers next to each of the email machines in the brak room though, the people that takes stuff down doesn't pay much attention as long as you don't put them on the walls. Heh heh.

I've already had a couple of takers.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #85 on: August 03, 2006, 05:32:21 pm »
@superjaz, if antares doesn't have flyers/posters for you, I have some. Just stop by Creswell on your way south. Also, I did get posters/flyers to Neverland in Grants Pass, but you may want to see if they are doing ok, and/or need more.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2006, 01:53:34 pm »
Restock run / poster drop:

Powells Downtown
Reading Frenzy
Ground Control
Backspace
Just Be clothing store
Magpie clothing
P:ear gallery

And saw some at the sushi place near China town.  So fun to see fliers in the wild! :D

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #87 on: August 04, 2006, 07:01:31 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
Just thought id comment. I work at Yahoo and have 3 posters lined up here. One in each break room and one between the bathrooms LOL, no one can miss them! and alot of people here are going.

Where's Yahoo?  What is Yahoo?

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2006, 08:40:13 am »
Yahoo is... Yahoo.  

http://www.yahoo.com

as to where my office is located in hillsboro oregon at the hawthorn farms max station
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2006, 04:51:37 pm »
Yay! Scarecrow Video in Seattle has our posters and fliers!

The fliers are on the top of the shelf in front of the room (middle of the right photo).

These guys were a huge help to Sakura-Con so it is no surprise that they were happy to help us as well. :)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2006, 06:22:42 pm »
Hey, leashy, I've seen those posters & wondered who was responsible for that; good job!

It's THAT Yahoo! ?  Wow.  I was thinking that kylite worked for some coffee house or something named Yahoo.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2006, 03:56:27 pm »
Quote from: "JeffT"

OMG!!!! I need to go to this store, we are going to Seattle next weekend! I am excited people tell me where to go!!!

Ohh and I am excited that someone saw my fliers! Woot!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2006, 06:50:20 pm »
your going to seattle too leashy ? so am i! kendo boyfriend has a iaiido testing on saterday there to see if he can pass the next rank i'm so going to make him go to the uwajimaya there

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
867 prereg and counting - woot!
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2006, 11:03:02 am »
Add one more - my bofriend just registered. Yay for Kumori!

<From kumoricon.org:>

August 9, 2006 - Pre Registration Number Tops 800!

If you haven't already, it's time to get excited! You are about to experience the greatest anime party in Oregon with AT LEAST 866 of your closest friends.

Kumoricon's online pre-registration numbers broke 720 for a new record! This is one day before the original registration cut off, and six before the current one. In total, at 3:30p.m. today, we have 866 Kumoricon fans already ready to start the fun.

What does this mean? We're about to have one heck of a party.

If you haven't pre-registered, be sure to do so today at the registration link http://www.kumoricon.com/?page_id=26

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2006, 06:53:39 pm »
Dropped off flyers and poster at:

Anime Kingdom - Has a web site but it's down at the moment.
10627 NE 8th St
Bellevue, WA 98004

Offline Janice

• Cabbit
    • http://aleyed.deviantart.com
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2006, 10:17:41 am »
I have no posters or flyers (since I'm not in the street team) but if anyone lives around Clackamas, Barnes and Noble at the Clackamas Town Center would be an ideal place to post, as would the Milky Way Bubble Tea shop right off of Sunnyside.  In Gresham, there is a huge Borders Books with a really large manga section and I have seen countless people sitting around reading them in the store so no doubt these would be great places.  I would go there myself if I had posters :)

Offline Paru

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
re: NOVA, etc
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2006, 12:41:45 pm »
I've been the primary one doing it. I've kind hit a snag. I'm broken my hand about 2 weeks ago. I think I still have 3 or 4 more posters and aliitle bit of those index card fliers. there was one place I had in mind before I broke my hand. I eneted hot topics at lloyd and among other things I picked up some Anime wrist band. The  clerk asked "isn't there a convention going on?" I said I'll try to come back and drop something off.

As for auction: future dreams who said maybe before has moved(i think still showing poster), when i visited the owner was out so I couldn't ask. As for cosmic monkey, again broken hand really prevents me from doing much traveling. I'm already expected to have still have a cst after the convention.

so if someone else could ask them cool. If I have any left overs I'll
*try* to drop them off at the meeting(I doubt I'll be staying). I did post about kumoricon on the nova ML and the web master does have a link on the site.
2009 Table Top staff
2010 Table Top staff
2011 RPG Staff
2012 Table Top Staff
2013 Table Top - MIA
2014 to 2017 Table Top Staff
The Munchkin guy

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2006, 10:45:23 pm »
Hey all --

Just a really big Thank You to all your hard work. I can't say street team had something to do with record-breaking prereg, but it couldn't have hurt.

If you can, please use up the supplies you have in restocking stores and places you may have already stopped. I hit Uwajimaya again at the Hawaiian fest this weekend because they were out of fliers. I have very few left (we started in May with 10,000 fliers, and after Fanime and passing them out to staff at a few meetings, I can acount for a lot of those being spread around by you guys). If you really have more than you can deal with before the con, please bring them to the August meeting (I'm gonna run around Jazen beach and downtown Portland probably to drop what I have left off). If you can't bring them to the meeting, well, try to get a hold of me just so I can have a count of how many we went through. You won't get in trouble or anything - we really just need to know how many we need for next year, and how many people thought were an acceptable amount.

Thanks so much !!!!
On to K-CON!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2006, 09:40:46 am »
i have somthing sad to say, when i went to seattle i thought about taking a spare poster to advataize the con but thought "its a uwajimaya i'm sure they have kumoricon stuff there but i'll take a poster just in case"
of course i forget the poster,and when i get there they dont have any love for kumoricon no notheing , i talked to the gril there she said they usaly advatize for sakura,
she did say they just got a new manager so he might of took them down or something but still :(

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #99 on: August 26, 2006, 06:24:42 pm »
I did manage to drop off a poster at Things from Another World last week.
So yeah they have one finally. Two weeks before the convention but hey, people will more likely remember it.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010