Author Topic: Just wanted to share this new chibi of mine  (Read 20947 times)

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Just wanted to share this new chibi of mine
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:31:41 pm »
I drew this today on the train after work with a really cute, fun, care-free song stuck in my head.  Thats what I get for listening to the radio while translating a really cool but mundain movie.

Enjoy.

Would this be ok to give as a free coloring book page at the con?  Curious.  If not, no worries.  I don't see anything wrong with it but if it's offensive in any way... forgive me.  I am a kinky goddess... *pouts*
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:33:37 pm »
That is the cutest! I love it!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 10:35:17 pm »
Quote from: "yukimizu"
That is the cutest! I love it!

Thankies.  I hope to be giving these out at the con this year.  So come on by my booth!  I wanna meet you all.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 11:12:46 pm »
oooh! I'll try to find your booth! Your art is really cute!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 08:46:41 am »
I wish she were in a Chun Li costume instead then I would need to hang her on my wall =D

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:03:34 am »
Quote from: "leashy"
I wish she were in a Chun Li costume instead then I would need to hang her on my wall =D

I;ve been meaning to get a chibi of Chun Li drawn but I haven't found a style I like best for her yet.  

But thanks!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:04:13 am »
Quote from: "yukimizu"
oooh! I'll try to find your booth! Your art is really cute!

Awe, thankies.  I can't wait to meet you all.  I'm so excited for the con.  Gah!  Why can't it be September now???!!!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
coloring book pages are a great idea!
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 03:16:35 pm »
i would love to have this drawing of yours, and anyone's similar drawings as coloring pages at the creation station! what would you think of opening it up to have a special art contest amongst those who provide coloring pages? and then maybe a contest for chibi artists who color them in?

our art contests are sponsored by Copic markers, and Copic markers will be available onsite for folks to use in our room(s) for our contest(s)! Copic provides some coloring pages, as well, but i think having KC attendees, starting with yourself, provide the coloring pages is much more exciting!

:)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
Re: coloring book pages are a great idea!
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 12:25:06 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
i would love to have this drawing of yours, and anyone's similar drawings as coloring pages at the creation station! what would you think of opening it up to have a special art contest amongst those who provide coloring pages? and then maybe a contest for chibi artists who color them in?

our art contests are sponsored by Copic markers, and Copic markers will be available onsite for folks to use in our room(s) for our contest(s)! Copic provides some coloring pages, as well, but i think having KC attendees, starting with yourself, provide the coloring pages is much more exciting!

:)

Oh my god!  This has been quite a night for me.  

Yes!  I would love to use this for the creation station, especially if it has anything to do with Copic Markers.  I love them!  I own a bunch that were given to me as a gift from a very special friend.  

*faints*  Wow!  I will give you more if you'd like.  Drop me an email at bastett08nyo@hotmail.com and I'll set you up!

I'm just thinking: Did you want me to start up the contest or is this going to be added?  I can get some more stuff together if you'd like and I am so very honored to be given this opprotunity.  I am speachless!  Thank you!  *bows and glomps*

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 10:33:08 am »
probably the best would be for you and i to dialogue via pm or email and perhaps establish you as a creation station volunteer, running this particular contest :)
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 09:01:31 pm »
probably the best would be for you and i to dialogue via pm or email and perhaps establish you as a creation station volunteer, running this particular contest :)

Wow!  Uh, sure!  I'll host it.  How cool!  I just sent you an email through my hotmail account so look for it soon.

Thanks again!  Will I have helpers?  Please?  *prays*

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 09:33:18 pm »
we'll negotiate all the nitty gritty via email.......the main consideration is:

do we want this to be a contest that goes on all day/night sat. and/or sun.? or is this something we want to have people work on right there in the room all together at the same time for a specific, protracted amount of time, say, 2 hours?

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 11:09:16 am »

do we want this to be a contest that goes on all day/night sat. and/or sun.? or is this something we want to have people work on right there in the room all together at the same time for a specific, protracted amount of time, say, 2 hours?

I'd say the 2 hour thing would be better.  I don't know if it has to go on any longer but it would be just a fun thing to do.  I'll email you.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 12:43:39 pm »
Quote from: "bastett08"

I'd say the 2 hour thing would be better.  I don't know if it has to go on any longer but it would be just a fun thing to do.  I'll email you.

Working with Ellen (Rem) is a blast. I've worked with her since 2004 at both Kumori-Con and Sakura-Con. Starting Anime Evolution with her this summer. ^_^ She's a great person, and loves all the help she can get. She now owns you... Just kidding Ellen! *hides*

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 01:42:45 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

Working with Ellen (Rem) is a blast. I've worked with her since 2004 at both Kumori-Con and Sakura-Con. Starting Anime Evolution with her this summer. ^_^ She's a great person, and loves all the help she can get. She now owns you... Just kidding Ellen! *hides*

Oh wow!  I'm looking forward to helping out.  I wanted to volunteer but I didn't get the chance to make it to the other meetings.  Maybe next year but if I can still do this, I'll be thrilled.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2006, 09:01:17 pm »
I can name panelists (they then get approved by Brenda, the programming Chair). So no worries Bastett. Once you and I finish hammering things out via email, I'll just send her a form. I have two rooms for the whole con for the Creation Station, so there's no worry about scheduling really, other than you needing to be at your table.

the_wind_the_sea: thanks for the plug honey. love u 2. i'm so excited that you are staff with me at A. Ev. plans soon!!!!

Offline ScrumYummy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2006, 11:33:06 am »
Oh dude! So are you going to be in the fan creation station? =D  That's some awesome work you have there.

And you'll love working with Ellen. XD  She's the sweetest person in the world.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2006, 01:13:05 pm »
Quote from: "ScrumYummy"
Oh dude! So are you going to be in the fan creation station? =D  That's some awesome work you have there.

I guess I am!  I need volunteers to help out and possibly someone to man my table when I'm away but we can figure it out.

Yes!  I am looking forward to working with Ellen.  She's a love.  hehehe.  Thanks alot, Ellen!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2006, 05:51:46 pm »

AWWWWWW :oops:  :D

and clearly i have the best taste in staff (scrumyummy is my assistant for all things arty) :)

love to all of you!!!

this is going to be so great this year!!!!!!!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2006, 10:33:19 pm »

AWWWWWW :oops:  :D

and clearly i have the best taste in staff (scrumyummy is my assistant for all things arty) :)

love to all of you!!!

this is going to be so great this year!!!!!!!

It is!  I wonder how many are going?  I love going to Kumoricon every year and since last year was my first time selling my anime art work it was an even better experience.  I feel like I can actually succeed doing what I love doing: drawing anime/manga.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2006, 03:22:37 pm »
I <3 the Creation Station, and of course, shall be there, hopefully with my laptop! ^_^ Anyways, if I'm not there Ellen surely will kill me. @.@

But, I've always had a blast at the Creation Station.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2006, 06:09:29 pm »
I <3 the Creation Station, and of course, shall be there, hopefully with my laptop! ^_^ Anyways, if I'm not there Ellen surely will kill me. @.@

I went last year for the drawing contest or the drawing battle and I lost in the second round but it was tons of fun!  Hehehe.  

You guys really do a great job working in the creation station.  I hope to see you all this year!

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2006, 06:27:27 pm »

I went last year for the drawing contest or the drawing battle and I lost in the second round but it was tons of fun!  Hehehe.  

You guys really do a great job working in the creation station.  I hope to see you all this year!

I helped run the Manga panel, where you there by chance?

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2006, 10:35:29 pm »
i love draw-offs. i was just watching zoolander again and if anyone hasn't seen it, it's pretty hilarious, and one of the funniest parts is a little improv contest called a "walk off" in which 2 male models show off elaborate (caricaturish really) "moves" and "looks" and have to keep one-upping each other. i could see something like that in fanfic improv and art improv contests. someone had proposed an art draw-off with dry erase boards or big pieces of newsprint, kind of like 2 artists are given a theme and then each has to as fast as possible create the first panel of a comic on the theme, then make the next panel in each other's comic, or something like that........possibilities are vast......

nah, look at my screen name: rem is a pacifist (sorry if that's a spoiler) and so am i. so, nope, i wouldn't kill dear the_wind_the_sea if she blew off the creation station *coughs* *again* *coughs* just kidding darlin. no i would deeply miss you though, as would our whole crew. those of us who have been together since our founding version of ourselves, the beta station at kumoricon 2004, or even earlier, since the first KC in '03 in eugene, are really a cute little family, a cohesive kind of unit, and one of the favorite parts of my life!

so you bastett, and everyone else reading, should go to the yahoo groups pages and request an invite to kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group! or pm or post here and i'll send you an invite :)

i think we'll probably get to 2000 this year?

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2006, 11:44:37 pm »

I helped run the Manga panel, where you there by chance?

No.  I missed it last year.  I got so tired that I went home.  This year that won't be an issue, though.

Are you helping out with the manga panel this year?  If so I'll meet you there!  Cannot wait.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2006, 11:46:48 pm »
i love draw-offs. i was just watching zoolander again and if anyone hasn't seen it, it's pretty hilarious, and one of the funniest parts is a little improv contest called a "walk off" in which 2 male models show off elaborate (caricaturish really) "moves" and "looks" and have to keep one-upping each other. i could see something like that in fanfic improv and art improv contests. someone had proposed an art draw-off with dry erase boards or big pieces of newsprint, kind of like 2 artists are given a theme and then each has to as fast as possible create the first panel of a comic on the theme, then make the next panel in each other's comic, or something like that........possibilities are vast......

nah, look at my screen name: rem is a pacifist (sorry if that's a spoiler) and so am i. so, nope, i wouldn't kill dear the_wind_the_sea if she blew off the creation station *coughs* *again* *coughs* just kidding darlin. no i would deeply miss you though, as would our whole crew. those of us who have been together since our founding version of ourselves, the beta station at kumoricon 2004, or even earlier, since the first KC in '03 in eugene, are really a cute little family, a cohesive kind of unit, and one of the favorite parts of my life!

so you bastett, and everyone else reading, should go to the yahoo groups pages and request an invite to kumoricon_fanfiction yahoo group! or pm or post here and i'll send you an invite :)

i think we'll probably get to 2000 this year?

Oooh!  Yeah!  Send me an invite.  I'd love to join the yahoo group.

As for the Zoolander bit... yes, yes.  That was on just last night.  Very funny movie and very funny scene.  Hahahaha.  Oh god.  *sighs*

As for the comic book draw-off.... want.. to... join!!!!  This sounds like tons of fun!  I'd so do it.  Hehehehe.  Count me in!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 12:00:43 pm »
excellent
remind me by email k?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 06:24:01 pm »
(Slightly off-topic but I figured since this thread is currently active...)

I keep thinking about volunteering for the manga panel or something ... ... ... ... ... ... but I honestly do not know what I could do to help.  :?

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 07:40:27 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
(Slightly off-topic but I figured since this thread is currently active...)

I keep thinking about volunteering for the manga panel or something ... ... ... ... ... ... but I honestly do not know what I could do to help.  :?

I'd help you with the panel! *raises hand* I <3 manga. I did it last year, so I'm a pro.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 08:53:34 am »
I'd help you with the panel! *raises hand* I <3 manga. I did it last year, so I'm a pro.

I love manga too ^_^ *points to pile of 300 manga*
And I remember you at the panel.  Just to make sure my memory isn't too bad, you were the one who chased off your friend when he was chasing me?

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2006, 02:33:52 pm »
great work I really enjoy it! I need to post the picture of myself in chibi form!
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2006, 02:59:10 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

I love manga too ^_^ *points to pile of 300 manga*
And I remember you at the panel.  Just to make sure my memory isn't too bad, you were the one who chased off your friend when he was chasing me?

Yes, I did chase Kris away from you. I have to protect the people of the Creation Station, don't I?

My own manga collection isn't that big, but I really love manga. I guess it all stems from me being a writer.

Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2006, 05:49:48 pm »
Quote from: "Waffles"
great work I really enjoy it! I need to post the picture of myself in chibi form!

awesome!!! chibis...of ourselves!!!!! do i feel a new contest coming on?? chibi self-portraits? lol!~

now as for the manga panel(s).

i REALLY need to hear from brenda with a revised updated schedule of everything everyone is doing. i still owe her a couple more event descriptions, but i'm waiting to figure out where to put them in the schedule. we do have 2 rooms for most of the hours, so we have a lot of flexibility; but i want to hammer things out as soon as possible.

initially i had just one timeslot for manga panel and meetup combined.

what i'm thinking now is that we need probably 2 timeslots, or a double time slot right in a row. ........(a) for people talking about fandom of manga (b) for people talking about creating own manga.

does that feel right?

the meetup idea was for artists and authors to hobknob with each other and work together on the on-site mini-manga contest.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 09:16:58 pm »
I'd like to demonstrate how to ink with a nib and the differences in certain nib points if that's ok.  I am also offereing some help with inking as apposed to using textures for a background.  I'm pretty good at inking and I have really improved on the nib.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2006, 04:48:11 pm »
cool

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 11:06:45 pm »
Drawing is so much fun. :3

Can we just sit around at the cons and sell drawings, I wonder?

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2006, 12:21:54 am »
im bad at drawing well im ok i just need to trace the hard parts

Offline Kasa

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2006, 02:08:34 pm »
hi this is actually ellen (rem), fanfic manager/creation station coordinator
writing from the creation station at anime evolution in burnaby, british columbia, canada.
you can certainly sit around the creation station all weekend and create art...i don't know what the rules are about selling it, but i believe i read that artists' alley is full.
2014 Cosplay:
~Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
    Workout and Plain-clothes
~Rose Lalonde from Homestuck
~Punk Growlithe from Pokemon

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:27 pm »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"
Drawing is so much fun. :3

Can we just sit around at the cons and sell drawings, I wonder?

HEY!  YOU CAME BY THE CANDY STORE!!!  You'r the girl who inspired me for this outfit for a character I needed in a story I'm working on.  Hey!  How goes it?

It's Kerry from the candy store in the Pioneer Place Mall!  I was the girl who sold you the Tootsey-roll candy-bars and looked like I wanted to be shot in the head!  How are you?

And I think you can sell art work in the alley.  The tables are full but do some by the booth.  I wanna see your work.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
im bad at drawing well im ok i just need to trace the hard parts

Gah!~  Tracing=bad!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2006, 03:13:57 pm »
kerry.....we need to talk some time this week on email to verify plans for the chibi and coloring page contests you're running at my room at KC!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2006, 10:03:23 am »
kerry.....we need to talk some time this week on email to verify plans for the chibi and coloring page contests you're running at my room at KC!

Oh yes!  Of course.  I will be sure to email you.  Probably today.

And Rem, I'm sooooo sorry for the lack of updates on your image.  I will get busy on it again.  So sorry.  I have had alot I had to prepare for the con.  I'm stocked on art work, all but one I wanted to finish but I will have something hopefully by con-time.  *bows in shame*

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2006, 11:06:48 am »

Oh yes!  Of course.  I will be sure to email you.  Probably today.

And Rem, I'm sooooo sorry for the lack of updates on your image.  I will get busy on it again.  So sorry.  I have had alot I had to prepare for the con.  I'm stocked on art work, all but one I wanted to finish but I will have something hopefully by con-time.  *bows in shame*

no hurries, no worries! anyone bringing zeal and talent and volunteer energy to my room is a friend for life! yay for you kerry!

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2006, 11:48:34 am »
Here is a little iruka who turned out a lot cuter than I expected!

One more day be for the con!
Yay ya ya!
Dancy-dance!!

!

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations