Author Topic: Anime clothes to school?  (Read 9485 times)

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
    • http://www.freewebs.com/anime_rice
Anime clothes to school?
« on: May 19, 2006, 06:46:59 am »
And no I'm not talking about cosplay. Sometimes it's just that I see a couple of people at school who like wear anime sweatshirts to school and like Naruto headbands. What do you think when you see people like them?
Thinking of a new siggy ^.^

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 06:52:11 am »
"sweeeeeeeeet"
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 08:21:37 am »
actualy yesterday i was wearng my wolf wood t shirt and an older grandmother-ish lady sat next to me she said i was dressed nice and what was my shirt from
i told her it was an anime and she told me about aguy in his 20s when go allover the area to get those types of comice, then she saw my kuro neko button and said what a cute cat, then it was her stop and she said godbless you
i told her the same
what a sweet lady
i'd seen her before on the bus she ties curly ribbon on her cane and somtimes puts glitter or butterfly stickers on her cheeks
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2006, 10:34:01 am »
I think it's nice, because then sometimes it causes me to go talk to someone I wouldn't otherwise. If I know we have the common interest of anime, its a good reason to strike up a conversation!
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2006, 10:42:22 am »
sometimes I get bored after work and walk around the willowcreek max station in my trench coat and doing the "Love and Peace" bit from trigun *grins* I get alot of wierd looks.  Good thing I can actually take it as a compliment when they call me a a "Yahoo"

(note: I work for yahoo)
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2006, 11:09:00 am »
@kendra

I think it's super awesome your cosplaying as Dokuro!
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline nonomi_ikari

• Sailor Scout
    • http://fionarea.deviantart.com
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2006, 11:54:16 am »
Is it wierd that I think nothing but: "ME WANTS!!!"

My friends and I wear Naruto headbands, yukatas, sake coats, anime shirts, and occasionally cosplay all the time. I hang out with the main anime group at my school, and it's rather nice! ^^

Offline Pocket Ninja

• Sailor Scout
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:11:31 pm »
@ Kylite: That's so cool that you work at Yahoo!...!

When I see people wearing anime stuff I usually think "Kee! He/she's wearing [anime title]! I know! I'll go talk to--*gets bitch slapped by shyness*"
Kumoricon! Wahoo!

(order of cosplay might change)
Saturday- Rikku (FFX)
Sunday- Tifa (FF:AC)
Monday- Mana-sama (maybe)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 12:51:03 pm »
I love it. I think, hey, we have something in common. Problem is, the age difference kicks in. Not that it's that big a deal, but beyond anime, people brave enough to wear anime items tend to have little in common with me.

I wish that my school had an anime club, because then I could have been part of that crowd instead of the geeks. Anime wasn't that popular yet when I was in high school, and I learned about the anime club in college just before I graduated. I missed out on feeling like I belonged to something other than a rag tag band of misfits.

I wear t shirts and stuff like that, but it's a weekend thing for me, since I work under a professional dress code. But I did get excited when I saw a woman in my accounting class with a Choco-cat purse. I pointed out mine. I don't think she knows who Choco-cat is...
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 12:56:02 pm »
*chuckles* you underestimate yourself. You look like ur a teen when u dress up.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2006, 01:14:00 pm »
dress code suck but at my work i can still wear my gir earrings and shoe laces, and when i spot a customer with anything anime i trail them and talk to them but half the time they dont know what they are caryring

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2006, 05:41:10 pm »
I wear a shadow necklace like every day

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2006, 06:34:11 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
sometimes I get bored after work and walk around the willowcreek max station in my trench coat and doing the "Love and Peace" bit from trigun *grins* I get alot of wierd looks.  Good thing I can actually take it as a compliment when they call me a a "Yahoo"

(note: I work for yahoo)

we were all doing the love and peace thing at a japanese conference yesterday ^__^ I love those people
and props to junko!!
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2006, 11:51:12 am »
When I went to High School anime wasn't as popular in the mainstream as it is now so it was somewhat harder to find anime shirts, I wore my ghost in the shell sniper shirt and sailor moon tee every once in awhile and no one really said too much. I would get excited if I saw anyone else wearing an anime tee but it was somewhat rare.  Then my junior year my friend and I started an anime club where we could just watch them after school and get together some weekend and it had quite a loyal following.  I still talk to a lot of the people today even, it was funny because most of the people in the club were freshman and sophomores and so I kinda became their "leader" and they would all get way excited when they saw me in the halls and ask to walk with me and stuff.  Haha ahh, those were the days ^~

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2006, 12:31:24 pm »
right now i ahve a bunch of anime and invader zim cloths, but last year i didn't have any, but i would wear tridun keychains as necklaces, alternating between vash millie wolfwood

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2006, 05:15:49 pm »
At school I think, "urg..." because most of the anime fans at school I dont like... but when I see someone wearing a shirt or readin manga or talking about anime any where else (Like at dinner last night at Izzy's someone was reading a manga) I just kinda jump up and down like hurray more fans... and somtimes I even start talking to them and we end up being online buddies...

I met my best friend that way. It was in 6th grade science class second semester and I sat right next to her and happend to see an Angel Sanctuary picture on her binder... So I started asking her thinkgs like oh you like anime and ket bugging her about it... then finally she started talking back and now in Sophmore year were the best of friends.
Hehe... its even better when you start talking to people and they know about Kumoricon cause then you like plan to meet there... and if they dont know... I go on about how they should go after they get over the shock that we have an anime convention... LOL.... :lol:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2006, 09:47:21 pm »
Ohh okay...I dunno I think its kinda weird...I mean ONCE last year i wore a naruto headband and people were giving me looks like I was from outer space or something

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2006, 08:36:47 pm »
I could remember talking about naruto in japanese class... about... 1-2 yrs. ago and nobody knew what I was talking about... now, they all act like they've been fans of naruto since the dawn of time... yet they still don't  have a clue who itachi is. When I brought it up in conversation they were all like, "SASUKE HAS A BROTHER?".... uh... yeah... yeah, he does... -__-
 try watching the subbed it's only 1000000000x better @__@

I feel like such a nerd lol, ain't it grand?
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2006, 09:19:11 pm »
Sometimes at school I'll wear my Otaku shirt. Then there's also my Shadow keychain I love to wear on my pants, my Shadow wristband that I wear everyday, and my Shadow link bracelet that I never take off. And even though it isn't clothes, on the front of my school binder I always have a picture of Shadow I drew. I think it's amusing how many people will go, "Hey, is that Sonic?" Then I get to sigh and tell them it's Shadow. On the other hand, I get a lot of, "Did you draw that?!" kind of remarks. Always makes my day better. ^^

If I saw someone else wearing any anime merchandise, I'd be very tempted to go over and talk to them. However due to my shy-ness, I'd probably just think they were cool. But if I saw someone wearing any Shadow things, I'd go over and talk their ear off. ^^

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 07:30:34 am »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
I wear a shadow necklace like every day
But if I saw someone wearing any Shadow things, I'd go over and talk their ear off. ^^

I think you may have something in common here...

*chuckles* you underestimate yourself. You look like ur a teen when u dress up.

Hee hee... flattery will get you everywhere! I do feel younger when I cosplay. That may be why I do it. I'm 27 to those who might wonder.

I will make my avatar show my mascot costume after Fanime. I wish I could cosplay to work, but my boss strickly forbids pink or blue hair.  :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 03:46:16 am »
hmm I guess it depends if your an anime fan or not.

Offline Krn Doxy

• Cabbit
    • http://myspace.com/krndoxy
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 10:41:20 am »
I sometimes wear my Japanese schoolgirl outfit to school.  I usually get praise, and I give praise to those to wear anime things to school as well.
Only you can see the murky deep.  Only you know my heart.  You understand the way I am as I stare at you from the dark.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 12:04:14 pm »
@shadow
i saw you as sakura and i must say you cosplay was great i wonderd how you'd make one but i really liked it

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2006, 12:55:46 am »
I know it's not really anime, but I wear my fox tail and my ears up at the Lane Community College campus and around Eugene.  When I still lived in Oregon City I did it there too.
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2006, 01:39:25 am »
I'd say, "nice!"

So far, I saw a bunch of people with anime bags from like FMA, Samurai Champloo, Fruits basket or Naruto.  And the other day at school, I saw a girl in full Naruto cosplay, just walking around.  I mean cosplay or not, a full set of yellow (or was it more orangy) clothes' got to attract attention.
Of course there's Halloween, even I wore my prince of tennis jacket to school that day :)   good times, good times

Offline kalagei

• Chibi
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2006, 01:54:08 am »
Actually, both my girlfriend and i carry fruits basket bags too.
2004 - 2007 Kumoricon Attendee
2008 - Operations Office Staff
2009 - Assistant Ops Director
2010 - Director of Operations
2011 - Registration Manager
2012 - Vice Chair
2013 - I can safely say that I'm not running for a board position :D

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2006, 03:10:23 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
@shadow
i saw you as sakura and i must say you cosplay was great i wonderd how you'd make one but i really liked it

Thank you. ^^ You should have came up and said hi, I would have loved to talk to you.

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2006, 03:18:33 pm »
I have a Konoha bag from Naruto that I got at S-Con.  I take it to school every day.

I'm tempted, once it's finished, to wear my post-timejump sasuke costume to school at least once.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2006, 05:17:01 pm »
I'm too busy really to notice anything at school, but when I do take time, I think it's awesome. We can't wear Naruto headbands at school, we'll get them taken away... Damn high school rules. In less than a month, I shall be free!

But, I really want to wear my Taiki Kou suit to the first day of classes at Central Washington U. I think it'll be interesting all the looks I get. *chuckles* Sometimes I wear my Kumori-Con or Sakura-Con shirts to school, and it's neat the reactions I get from some people, especially when I wear my SC Staff shirt.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline MikaRin375

• Catgirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2006, 06:32:40 pm »
Wow alot of people here seem to wear anime clothes

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 09:16:15 am »
I own... One Kumoricon ****... About 12 Totoro Backpacks, the hello kitty backpack SuperJaz got me for my birthday... and an Alphonse Necklace. And that's about it. I don't wear anime clothing otherwise.

But whe nI see people wearing aime clothes I'm just like... "That's cool." I don't make it a big deal because most of those people are rude. Like... almost... Elite? At my school anyway, they think they are the 'stuff'. And most of them get their clothes from Hot Topic... and ugh... I hate that store. -hiss-

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Anime clothes to school?
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 09:36:26 am »
my wallet was stollen after i left a hot topic (sorry neko its the only place i can feed my invader zim obseion!)
but yeah for the most part we dress up if we get half a chance and quarter of an excuse
@shadow
will do next time i see you at an event