Author Topic: Anime Network - tv channel with anime playing 24/7!  (Read 7650 times)

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
Anime Network - tv channel with anime playing 24/7!
« on: June 11, 2004, 08:47:06 am »
Hey, has anyone else heard of the Anime Network? It's a tv channel that has anime playing 24/7. *drools at the thought of having a constant anime feed to her tv without having to wait for things to download* *snaps back to reality* Anyways, not many places have it yet, unfortunately, but there's this cool feature on their website: http://www.theanimenetwork.com/ where you can have them send a letter (either via e-mail or they'll give you a letter to print out and mail) to your cable provider demanding it. If we get a whole bunch of people sending them letters, then they'll consider offering the channel. I know we don't all live in the same area, but hey, the more places that can get anime, the better, ne? We won't get it if we don't try and spread the word around...
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline Lysanna

• Cabbit
    • Crappy DeviantArt
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 10:15:36 am »
I might bother, but they play dubs.  ADV dubs.  I pass.

If you have digital cable, there's a small selection of the Anime Network in the On Demand menu, under "The Cutting Edge."
Can't stop the desu.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 01:38:02 pm »
i watch it on ondemand more of a sampler than anything else damn dubs

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 11:25:51 am »
I've never seen it but I've heard of it.
It's probably one some 1000 channel satellite or digital cable offers.

I remember when my roomates in Eugene got Digital Cable. We had the Action Channel and it played anime about half the time!
They wers still dubbed, but I don't care as long as its new.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 11:40:19 am »
The anime network shows dubbs.  Bad dubbs usually too.

Now, if any of you have the International Channel, you'll notice they show anime too.  Sometimes dubbed, but they do try for subbed most of the time, or just plain raws. ^.^

Tech TV shows Lain, and the Action Channel shows Eva and Hellsing.  All dubbed.

Hellsing is the only good dubb of the three. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 11:55:12 am »
We USED to have the ultra cool International channel around here!
Then they stole it and put a Spanish language channel. So now there's two of them and none the rest of the languages!

I was fine with our latino population before that.  :evil:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Lysanna

• Cabbit
    • Crappy DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 02:07:26 pm »
International Channel is now for digital cable.  Like we really needed another Spanish-only channel.  Way to accept one culture then piss off all the other ones, Portland programming.
Can't stop the desu.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 04:11:04 am »
eva is one of the worse dubs i have ever heard

Offline Darken

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2004, 08:11:53 am »
ohh so the anime network is bad becouse my freands where trying to get everyone in our area to get it so adelphia will make it a channal that our area gets becosue they dont have enuff dimand for it yet in our area.

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 08:17:30 am »
Personally I like the idea of a anime sampler channel, even if it does have bad dubs. When I haven't seen the anime before to get used to the wonderful japanese voice actors, dubs (even bad dubs) are better than nothing. The sampler thing is good because then I can get introduced to tons of different animes and decide which I want to go out and buy the dvds for, or which I want to try more of on fansubs. It's far better than going through the anime section of Suncoast trying to pick out interesting stuff that you haven't seen yet just by going off the description on the back. My best friend and I have wasted a fair amount of money by getting something we've heard is good and looks interesting, only to find that it's not our type of anime.

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2004, 05:16:59 pm »
The only reason we have the selection of anime available to us is because of dubbs. American companies won't bring over subbed anime for sale and most people got introduced to anime by dubs. At the very worst dubs are a needed evil.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2004, 06:59:58 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
The only reason we have the selection of anime available to us is because of dubbs. American companies won't bring over subbed anime for sale and most people got introduced to anime by dubs. At the very worst dubs are a needed evil.

Not true.  A lot of anime is available subbed on DVD, but you do have to purchase it.

Jin-Roh was shown in theatres dubbed, and the DVD offers the choice between subbs in three different languages (Japanese, French, and English).

But some anime has been so edited that they can't package the subb and dubb on the same DVD.  Card Captor Sakura fans know what I'm talking about. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 06:12:42 am »
thats why u always check the disk so you dont get stuck with sub
i feel sorry for anyone that ended up with dubed

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 12:15:04 pm »
Quote from: "zenix"
thats why u always check the disk so you dont get stuck with sub
i feel sorry for anyone that ended up with dubed

Over here, sir.

Offline alanna_liadon

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2004, 12:34:56 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"

Sounds like you need to attend an anime club meeting - All the clubs I know of ONLY show subtitled stuff, and most have members with massive subbed collections who are willing to share.  =^_^=
~ Alanna =^_^=

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 12:54:25 pm »
But how many people are first introduced to anime through anime club meetings? Most people I know first saw anime on tv, like on cartoon network, and then showed up to an anime club meeting IF there was one around. I had to help start my high school's anime club, and after I left high school I don't think anyone bothered to keep it going. The anime club at my college only got started up in my Sophomore year, and we're not even an official club since the university doesn't want trouble with copyrights.

www.ronime.net