Poll

Should it just be Japanese food, or American as well?

Just Japanese!
6 (22.2%)
Keep both!
21 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: May 04, 2006, 08:27:53 am

Author Topic: Café Animé  (Read 15403 times)

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
Café Animé
« on: May 03, 2006, 02:30:19 pm »
Well, that idea that luana_neko and I brought up about a year ago, is now being planned to actually be made, and we are looking at downtown portland, or in that area for it's location. I'm trying to get people's opinions on what we should have for menu-type items, I pretty much just have categories and a few item lists. Also, if there is anything esle that you may want to suggest (after reading this) then feel free to put it in and we shall take a look over!

Café Animé is an animé themed restaurant that will serve both American and Japanese food for lunch and dinner. Our categories for food itself are...

(Japanese)
Appatizers - Gyouza, egg rolls, sushi, onigiri, dango

Soup - Ramen (various types), Miso, Shoyu,

Meat dishes - Teriyaki Chicken/Beef, Yakitori

Yakisoba -

Vegitarian dishes -

Desserts - Taiyaki, Pocky Ice Cream (my special creation), Melon Pan, Japanese Parfait, Mochi ice cream

(American)
Appatizers - French fries, chili fries

Burgers - (bacon added upon request) Cheeseburgers, Hamburgers

Steak -

Chicken - Chicken Strips

Fish and chips -

Vegitarian -

Deserts -

Drinks (Japanese & American)
Various Japanese Tea
Sodas
Lemonade, Strawberry lemonade

If you want to have a certain menu item on the list, please post what you would like! We are looking for a good variety of each section.

The setting - We will have waitresses and waiters in original costumes to serve the customers, anime music and/or video playing on the TV's (instead of sports or news), and a stage for karaoke, anime/game bands and small skits.

We expect our main group of customers to be from middle school to college, but this is a family restaurant. Cosplay will be encouraged, and we will have little lockers as a "weapons check" for liability issues. They can be in only when pictures are taken, and with supervision by staff, we dont want anyone hurt by accident or scared.

There will be a monthly cosplay contest, winner gets free meals or some sort of prize.

We will be able to host parties and animé clubs, as long as either a fee is paid for the space, or everyone gets at least something.

And for all of you who feel like being picky, we are aware of all the time, planning, licencing, and costs of this, this will just help us get planned a bit easier, also, if any of you perchance ARE a buissiness major, please contact me, we could use your help.
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
Café Animé
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »
I am so happy that your idea is finally going to happen I hope that your business works out! for american food try some other meat dishes maybe some cuts of meat? with the name anime cafe it seems like its more of a place where ud just go in drink some drinks and read. so maybe a name that makes it sound more like a place to come eat, get some entertainment, and all that great junk will make people be like "wow lets come here more often"
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Café Animé
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 03:03:52 pm »
Ohh you have to have gyoza as an appitizer adn egg rolls and lots of french fries like cheese fries, mmmm

bacon burgers are always preferred and I dunno just things that will be well priced.  What will the prices be like?

Ohh I can imagine that the menu will be beautiful!

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 03:17:59 pm »
miso soup, teriyaki chicken, sushi might be good, don't forget bubble tea
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:21:21 pm »
Quote from: "Waffles"
for american food try some other meat dishes maybe some cuts of meat? with the name anime cafe it seems like its more of a place where ud just go in drink some drinks and read. so maybe a name that makes it sound more like a place to come eat, get some entertainment, and all that great junk will make people be like "wow lets come here more often"

Well, the name has been discussed, and although it does sound more like a Café then a restaurant, not many names go well with Animé, so we are sticking with this, plus with advertisement, it will be a bit more known.

And as for the meats, thank you for your input, I'll add them to the list!

Quote from: "leashy"
Ohh you have to have gyoza as an appitizer adn egg rolls and lots of french fries like cheese fries, mmmm

bacon burgers are always preferred and I dunno just things that will be well priced.  What will the prices be like?

Ohh I can imagine that the menu will be beautiful!

Alright, good things to add to the menu! Prices will probably start out a little higher, for two reasons, to help pay off starting expenses, and its always easier to lower prices then to raise them. Depending on how many people come, and how often, depends on if a price drop will occur.

Thank both of you! I hope to get more input soon ^^
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:22:04 pm »
Quote from: "Hawkeye"

Thank you ^^ I shall add those to the list!
beware the ronime XD

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 03:38:31 pm »

SMART!  You haaave to have bubble tea and a small convenience section with things to buy like ramune, pocky, among other things

Offline Kendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/AirsoftWallabee
Café Animé
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 07:46:04 pm »
So where do I sign up to be a waitress? No, seriously, I'd love that job! My personal favorite Japanese food is Tempura anything.
Saturday, Monday Cosplay: Karen-Soul Link
Sunday Cosplay:"Save Point" Moogle-FFIX

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
Re: Café Animé
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 08:47:02 pm »
Desserts-

(This is for Japanese desserts)
Here's a few of ideas:
Pocky- Chocolate covered biscut stick.  Very tasty.
Taiyaki- Fish pastrie.  I'm not sure if it is actual fish or not.  I'm not sure if this is true (I got it out of a manga), but in Japan you can get ones filled with custard cream, red bean paste and stuff like that.
Jelly Jelly:  Little jelly tube thingy.  This might be a better choice to put up front so people to buy for like 5-10 cents.
(This is for American desserts)
Ice cream-  Is it really necercary to explain this?  Vanilla and Chocolate are good flavors.
(I'm twelve, people.  I know my desserts. :wink: )

Also, riceballs, or onigiri.  It would probably be a good appatizer.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2006, 09:43:45 pm »
very exciting.....hm, maybe this can be the site of future kumoricon outreach meetings! hee hee

i would recommend that, if you find yourself successful, that you consider having like an arcade room also. it could be kinda like going to a mini con for an hour to go eat there :)

if you really take off like a (team) rocket (lol just kidding), perhaps you could expand to other towns that hold cons. like a franchise. i could picture you bringing your pitch from con to con. what fun....good luck

i don't understand why you would bother to have "american" food on the menu, though.

are you going to be coming up with clever little shtick names for each item?

it would be fun to think of specific anime/manga that feature specific foods being served.

for example there is the strawberry episode of card captor sakura.

and that fancy shmancy desert that count d from pet shop of horrors is so gaga over!

and ramen on the bebop
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2006, 10:01:11 pm »
holy crap, best idea ever... I'm gonna so be there on opening day
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2006, 10:09:51 pm »
wow it could be so fun to have like a kumoricon meetup at the opening day of this place!!!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2006, 05:27:15 am »
One of my most favorite things about the nearby sushi restraunt here is that they have creme puffs, and melon with strawberries. I love those best.
It'd also be cool to have rice balls. Various types, y'know?
I personally like plain.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Re: Café Animé
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2006, 06:23:53 am »
Quote from: "CardCaptorConnor-EX"

Taiyaki- Fish pastrie.  I'm not sure if it is actual fish or not.  I'm not sure if this is true (I got it out of a manga), but in Japan you can get ones filled with custard cream, red bean paste and stuff like that.

Taiyaki if VERY good, we had a bunch at the sakura festival.  They are little fish shaped sort of waffles with the custard or red brean in the middle,  yummy yummy.  And no there is no fish in them o.o;

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2006, 07:01:13 am »
I remember the original topic for this waaay back when. I'm happy to see that you are moving on with the Cafe.

Any more progress with Exodus? I have'nt really heard from you sence that one time on msn.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2006, 07:08:03 am »
wow, if the otaku community could become really ambitious, perhaps some day we could have our own little mini resort. i'd call it anime getaway. and like staff would be in cosplay and the on-site restaurant would be like this, minus the american food, and there'd be free viewing rooms and cctv 24-7 and a gaming room free for all overnight guests. and a special room for tea ceremonies at an additional cost. and a childcare room with markers and coloring pages of anime style art and learning to make origami and watching g rated anime.  like any weekend you wanted you could just come stay at the resort for a mini con. that would rock.

i sure dream big for someone in thousands of dollars of credit card debt eh? :oops:

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2006, 08:34:52 am »
Wow, good turnout so far, Taiyaki has been added, along with my special "pocky ice cream" which hopefully everyone will like. if this keeps going great, i may have enough on my side to make the buissiness loan very much easier to get!

*edit* also added a poll on the front page, please vote, it could help change a large part of the restaurant
beware the ronime XD

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Café Animé
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2006, 10:41:52 am »
hey this is almost like my idea for a nerd cafe I had 15 years ago except in that one the waitresses are all dressed like Lt Uhura from Star Trek TOS
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
Café Animé
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2006, 10:51:21 am »
Yakisoba!  Easy to make and cheep.  I just love Yakisoba noodles.

I also love Gyoza but isn't that Chinese?  I just don't know.  Either or.... Oh yes!  Miso soup!  I second that.
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Café Animé
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 11:37:06 am »
wait, your being serious about this? Ooh cool, I would be a regular customer, I work just on the other side of the river, but Id make the trip if a place like this actually existed! Keep us updated on any developments! I'll be there for your opening Day!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2006, 12:24:08 pm »
gyoza is chines but very popular in japan which i where i first ate it, tho japanes gyoza is a bit differnt its fried then steamed too
i think you should keep american food because besides being a draw for us otaku, it will be a draw for people visiting form japan, i've seen japanese exchange student taking picture of the anime at book stores and at uwajimaiya, and thing is there going to want to be trying american food
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2006, 08:38:36 pm »
This jumped out at me when I started thinking about it.
For an anime restaurant, it almost seems like you should offer a "Fruits Basket" ^_^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2006, 02:59:17 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
This jumped out at me when I started thinking about it.
For an anime restaurant, it almost seems like you should offer a "Fruits Basket" ^_^

wow thats so bad its funny
but entrees named after anime would be fun or deserts for that matter

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Café Animé
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2006, 05:36:32 pm »
American/European food is a must in just about any restaurant. I know people who say "Why is there American food being served in a Chinese restaurant?" The answer's simple... Not everyone is very adventerous when it comes to food (me, for example, always orders the same thing at just about any restaurant... Like at Sambi's/Hakatamon (sp?) I always order California Rolls and Rice.) So, offering something familiar is good. Not to mention that oh... A family goes there... The kids want some sushi or gyoza and the parents stereotype Japanese food (especially sushi) and assumes that raw fish is in it and don't want it... It'd be good for them to be able to just hit the back of the menu and see some good ol' American food back there. It's just smart... But not mandatory.

I say yes to having both... It'd just increase business... Especially if you could make gourmet burgers (a la, Red Robin) that were good.

Good luck on this, you have my full support. I can't offer anything than my good wishes right now... The joys of being desperately broke... I COULD scout out potential locations if you haven't yet.

Oh! And don't put it in Downtown Portland >.> Anyone who's anyone knows how easy it is to get a parking spot down there. I say put it in one of the boroughs/suburbs (Woodstock, Lents, Hillsdale, Milwaukie, Lake Oswego, Sellwood, Gresham, etc.) Less crowded and a little less hectic in those places... That's just my two cents.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline prettymoi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/29182705
Café Animé
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2006, 01:34:23 am »
So my bf thinks there maybe a issue. coming from an outsider point of view, I kinda understand him. He thinks that it wont be popular enough to work out. He doesnt or hasnt heard of a lot of people who are intrested in anime (minus us) who are strong enough fans.

I dont know, if it works out GREAT I will eat there and totaly help out. Just thought I would put in some feed back.
Trust is where it all begins...

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2006, 08:38:35 am »
Quote from: "prettymoi"
So my bf thinks there maybe a issue. coming from an outsider point of view, I kinda understand him. He thinks that it wont be popular enough to work out. He doesnt or hasnt heard of a lot of people who are intrested in anime (minus us) who are strong enough fans.

There is a huge group of people in Wa and OR alone who appreciate anime, I think it would do awesome and with the right advertising at conventions and things, theoretically people would come from all over the country and even different parts of the world to visit this place. I think as long as you get the name out there in every way possible it will do well.  That is why is has to be a resturant more than anything.  Good food, coupons, yeah that will always keep peopel coming back

Offline prettymoi

• Cabbit
Café Animé
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 12:48:11 pm »
great. thats what I was hoping for. I just didnt know if anyone thought of that. but I am totally there to do what ever I can.

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Café Animé
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 03:31:39 pm »
Hate to sound like a complete jerk prettymoi, but your boyfriend really isn't thinking. Just because it's an anime themed cafe/restaurant doesn't mean that people who are into anime will be the only ones there (which, mind you, there are what? 1,000 or so people between Eugene and Vancouver who are into anime?) The place would be serving Japanese food and if you've looked around enough, there are tons of Japanese restaurants in this area... All of them doing fairly well too... Well enough to stay open.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2006, 06:46:10 pm »
What a terrific idea if you can pull it off right.

Eternal Yamcha is correct in the need to have both types of foods there. More customers would rather have a choice between the two. Besides not all anime fans like japanese food. (For instance... me. >_>) You shouldn't sterotype the foodstyle in that way. And... everything else Eternal Yamcha mentioned about this subject.

On the thought about customers. You would have to promote it big time for it to break even or profit in it's first monthes. Have a big grand opening and make sure everyone knows about it. Everyone in the state! It doesn't hurt to spread the word just in case. Maybe link up with some other businesses such as an anime video store to help out with the event by giving away a sneak peek dvd or something.

I would consider changing your name that peeks people's intrest a bit more. Sure, anime fans will go to an 'anime cafe' but then other people will be like 'anime? aren't those weird cartoons? let's just steer clear of that for now.' Keep the cafe on the name as it lets people know it's a resteraunt but maybe have a name that people will wonder 'why did they call it that? let's go see.'

If I still lived in OR, I would love to come help out. Unfortuantly the case is not so. However you want to banter about ideas maybe (I have plenty on any subject if you just want to throw me something really quickly) I'm online a lot so you're sure to have a quick reply. Also, I'd be willing to help out with the designs if you want. Designing the set-up, counters, glasses, door, windows, uniforms are all things I'm capable of doing and have done so before on other projects.

Just give me a message if you feel like you need me and Good Luck.
Sweet Times

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2006, 09:02:41 pm »
this is going to be sooo cool i think people who is on the forum should get a discount but it will be a secret ooooooo secret secret i got a secret *Sarts singing mr.roboto*

Offline prettymoi

• Cabbit
Café Animé
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2006, 10:26:14 pm »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
Hate to sound like a complete jerk prettymoi, but your boyfriend really isn't thinking. Just because it's an anime themed cafe/restaurant doesn't mean that people who are into anime will be the only ones there (which, mind you, there are what? 1,000 or so people between Eugene and Vancouver who are into anime?) The place would be serving Japanese food and if you've looked around enough, there are tons of Japanese restaurants in this area... All of them doing fairly well too... Well enough to stay open.

ha ha no I totally understand, thats what I told him!!! ha ha I cant believe that you would say almost the same thing. that is awsome!!

ya he pretty much dropped that whole thing :)

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2006, 06:09:39 pm »
Edits done to menu, all the input so far has been of great help ^^ But does anyone here know how to remove/change the poll?
beware the ronime XD

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2006, 06:34:17 pm »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
this is going to be sooo cool i think people who is on the forum should get a discount but it will be a secret ooooooo secret secret i got a secret *Sarts singing mr.roboto*

That may be too difficult for a business to afford when it is just starting out and how would you prove that?

Maybe like a birthday discount or something easier to manage, that always draws me to a new resturant, that and coupons for a few bucks off

I can just imagine that your guys ads would be so beautiful!

I was actually imagining what a sign might looks like and all I kept thinking was the with a silouette of Usagi's face next to it and her hair going underneath it like underlining it.  I am sure most of you have seen that picture before.  Although I doubt you could you it because of copyright issues but it is still fun to think about

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2006, 02:57:01 am »
Ooooooooooooooooh.  As far as my recommendations go, as a very probable future customer?

Yakitori - DeLICIOUS skewers of chicken and assorted veggies (usually onions, peppers or scallions, but it varies) fried on a barbecue.  Nice finger food and a fun variation on the usual teriyaki chicken dish.

Yakiniku - Also known as Korean barbecue.  This could be pretty difficult to set up, so it's just an idea, but at Japanese yakiniku restaurants, they either have a grill set into the table or (much more rarely but also much more doable for you guys) bring out a small portable grill on which customers can fry up their own assortment of sliced raw beef, pork, chicken and veggies.  It's huge fun.

Okonomiyaki - Sometimes called "Japanese pizza", but really more like a big unsweetened pancake fried up full-to-bursting with chopped meat, vegetables, fish flakes, sauce...it's like a party on a griddle!  XD  Also fun because at some shops you can eat it with a little spatula paddle instead of chopsticks.

Melon/An Pan - If you're going to sell snacks and desserts, you've got to have melon pan and/or an pan.  Pan is Japanese for "bread"; these are basically sweet rolls, the former of which is pale green or white and melon-flavored and glazed with sugar, the latter of which kind of resembles a hamburger bun without sesame seeds and is stuffed with sweet red bean paste.

Dango - Rice dumplings, another must-have snack or dessert.  Can be skewered on a stick, eaten off a plate or a leaf, sweetened, salted, sauced, stuffed with various types of bean paste or ice cream or other fillings, or even dyed colors like pink or green.  Most Japanese supermarkets carry several varieties.

Parfaits - This is a personal request because I'm going to croak and die when I have to come back from Japan and can't have Japanese ice cream parfaits anymore.  These things are monumental in scope.  They're like elaborate mountains of ice cream and assorted toppings.  My favorites are the washoku Japanese-style ones, with green tea or red bean ice cream, little mochi balls, black jelly, often some kind of sweet cracker or slices of green tea-flavored pound cake, red bean paste and black honey sloshed over everything, and a chestnut on the very top.  But there are loads of varieties, most of them lovely to look at /and/ delicious, with every flavor from strawberry to kiwi to chocolate to caramel purin.  Most shops charge a good 800 yen or so for one, and they're worth every bite.

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:30 pm »
FilkAeris, long time no see, hows japan, when are you back?
Japanses food....
oh yeah gari gari ice soda candy so very good

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2006, 02:49:00 pm »
Hey Ari! Havnt seen you since i took you home over a year ago ^^ Hope things are going great in Japan, and thanks for all the advice on the menu, it's been a while since I've been in Japan, so I've forgotten a bunch of food they had there, probably everything will be there!

Updated the first post as well!
beware the ronime XD

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Café Animé
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2006, 11:13:32 pm »
I'll work for you as a waitress or cashier :-)
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2006, 04:15:23 am »
What's up?  XD  I'm back in the States in late June, back in the Salem area at the end of August.  Can't wait for Kumoricon!

(Or for this cafe of yours.  <3)

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2006, 07:17:44 am »
I'll work for you as a waitress or cashier :-)

Perhaps, but you still need apply for the position ^_~ as long as not mind wearing the outfits >.> (nothing revealing)

Quote from: "FilkAeris"
What's up?  XD  I'm back in the States in late June, back in the Salem area at the end of August.  Can't wait for Kumoricon!

(Or for this cafe of yours.  <3)

Oh, restaurant planning, game design, getting out of debt, same stuff as always =3. If i can get some extra money, I should be able to see you come the con, and hopefully maybe even have a little chat or something ^^ Be great seeig you at the restaurant when its done too X3
beware the ronime XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2006, 09:24:17 pm »
once you get this up i would love to apply as well,

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2006, 09:54:12 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
once you get this up i would love to apply as well,

Looking forward to it!
beware the ronime XD

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2006, 08:53:55 pm »
What's it take to be a part owner?

Where in downtown do you plan on putting it? I'd be careful, as downtown is a bit ambitious. I'd be worried about surviving in someplace like the Pearl District or "downtown" downtown. I would recommend one of the close-in trendy districts, 21st/23rd Ave, Hawthorne, Belmont, Mississippi, Laurelhurst, Broadway.

At least, it may be worth looking into. I'd hate to give bad advice to someone who would have an otherwise better sense than I. With the age group you want, PSU would probably be the best area you could hope for.

Oh yeah - when do you plan on opening?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
Café Animé
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 12:15:21 am »
guspasho - That's my idea! *Tackles*

I would NOT put it in one of the trendier places in Portland... Seriously... Rent in the Pearl District? Isn't that going to be some ridiculous four-digit number a month? (I'm talking a few thousand a month.) I say that outlying areas (suburbs and outer Portland districts) would be the best choice... Atleast to start.

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Café Animé
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 02:25:36 pm »
Put it in Gresham so I can go everyday!!
Perhaps you could put a servey in the Kcon book asking ppl where they would like to see it. Obviously as close to them as possible but it would help you get an idea where your clientell would be coming from, and allow you to figure the most central location to all the groups.

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2006, 05:59:57 pm »
Alright! We scouted a place in Beaverton, its a couple miles from Uwajimaya, and a block away from MAX and a bus station, and theres plenty of parking, and the size is pretty good ^^ a mexican restaurant used to be there. all i need to do it finish up the plan, get the money, and make the offer on the lease! best case scenario, we open last this year! worst case is still next year ^^
beware the ronime XD

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Café Animé
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2006, 06:23:34 pm »
Wow I member that thread!!! Congrats. Ill make it a tradition when your shop is open to stop there for dinner during Kumoricon. You'd get huge business if one of the future conventions was close by!!!!

Hmmm... leek soup is yummy. All the givens like Terayaki, sushi, ect. Mmm... dumplings!! For American food... fires are a given, and you got to have chicken strips... XD *loves chicken strips* Nice and crispy. ANd you know at Red Robbins their Strawberry lemonade with real starwberries that is refillable is super good!! You could do that.

Also, make sure your glasses for water are big... not those little things you get at Lum Yuem.

Go to differnt restuarunts asian/american to see if you get n e more good idea ^__- Good luck. Cant wait to see it in real life... I should come to your opening in cosplay!!!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
Café Animé
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2006, 09:37:15 pm »
Chicken strips added, thank you!
beware the ronime XD

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2006, 09:55:37 pm »
Quote from: "Ronime"
Chicken strips added, thank you!

And they must be the kind of chicken strips in a sesame seed batter
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2006, 09:57:03 am »
what about non acholic anime theamed drinks?
(i have a friend who works as a bartender some times and she wants to specilize in fun non acholic drinks)
just think instead of a shirly temple like we grew up with you could have a sesoumarus wraith
or a sumomo small sweet and pink
i duno

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Café Animé
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2006, 12:45:25 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
what about non acholic anime theamed drinks?
(i have a friend who works as a bartender some times and she wants to specilize in fun non acholic drinks)
just think instead of a shirly temple like we grew up with you could have a sesoumarus wraith
or a sumomo small sweet and pink
i duno

Just take every kind of soda Pop and add grenadine then give it a anime name the only rule is that Coke/grenadine and 7-Up/grenadine have to be named after an anime couple like Roy Rodgers (spent a weekend at his house) and his "Friend" Dale Evans (Ha ha some kids thought dale was a guy)
Field Marshall Von Dan