Author Topic: Who's Cosplaying as who?  (Read 101367 times)

Offline Kynthiamoon

• Oni
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2004, 10:59:57 am »
There is always room for creativity within FF costumes. Like one could always make the Amano versions of some outfits. Plus there are a lot of different dress spheres in ffx-2 that people don't do. My friend and I were the only festival goer Yuna and Rikku at Sakura-con... Though the downside of that was when I went to stand with the FF people for a group photo I got a lot of *looks* because nobody knew what I was. *sigh* They seemed to be wondering why some girl in a horrible yukata was trying to join them. lol. At least they recognized Rikku though. Anyway...

I'm hoping to go to Kumori Con this year, So here's the planned costumes!

Tidus (Finishing off my bf's. I still have to make the shoulder pad, ect. Anyone who saw him at Sakura con knows how much work I have to do. ^_~)
Xelloss (Also another one of my bf's. I'm having to re-make his cape)

He's thinking of some other costumes, Like a nude-suit Dark Shnieder with fake muscles, but we'll see. (decency wise and time-wise)

As for me,

Peorth (Ah My Goddess) One of her casual outfits from the manga

Dizzy (GGX) Her black dress, possibly with the wings even though she doesn't really have them with the dress.  Also possibly her swimsuit for the fun of it (It's basically a school girl outfit)

*crosses fingers* Hopefully this will be the con a chubby girl can cosplay in peace!

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2004, 11:05:27 am »
I cosplayed as Faye Valentine once... not at Sakura Con though.  I didn't get the chance to cosplay at Sakura Con unfortunatly -.-;   What I cosplay to Kumori (which I will DO!)  depends whether my friends are coming or not.  

A great site for you cosplayers is http://cosplay.com ^.^
Sweet Times

Kurisuteru

Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2004, 12:09:22 am »
I posted earlier about sewing tips. thanks to anyone who responded. I'm going to try to go as   Merle Stryfe from trigun, Suld from Ah! My goddess, and Ai from Final Fantasy Unlimited. Hopefully this cosplay attempt truns out better than the one at Sakura con. I was one of the f Sakura's from Sakura Wars.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2004, 10:44:09 pm »
There were alot of Sakura there. Most of the ones I saw were really good. A friend has offered to make my cosplays. (Thank-you!) and I was wondering if with those of you who have cosplayed, have you had trouble finding materials and help to make them?

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2004, 10:51:36 pm »
we're going to try to get someone to cosplay as our mascot... but I'm not sure it's a large priority... so just incase you see someone wandering around and no one knows where she's from... that's probably it.  :-P
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2004, 01:23:50 am »
...woah... I was just about to ask if I could cosplay as that girl holding the roses and umbrellas... she looks unremarkably like me, only about 3 inches longer hair.  I would so cosplay as her, she's got great fashion sense.
Sweet Times

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2004, 01:25:26 am »
if you want to you're welcome to.  I'm not too sure about her fashion... there's a bit of a joke in her outfit, I'm not sure anyone besides the core staff would pick it up though... or anyone that lives in Eugene.
-Staze
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2004, 01:28:05 am »
...*blink blink* I ... don't think I want to know ..*shifty eyes* Just what's her name?
Sweet Times

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2004, 12:33:07 pm »
Kokumo
-Staze

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2004, 01:14:49 pm »
Quote from: "Sheltie"
You could always try miroku from inu yasha!

(I've got to came back here more often)
Actually, that sounds like a good idea.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I can just imagine my friends' reactions if they knew I was going to cosplay as him since our personalities (mine and Miroku's) are no where near the same.  ^_^  It'll take some time to grow the mini-ponytail.

And I didn't notice that many Sakura at the last Con.  Then again, I hung out with one of them so maybe that's why.  She was the one in the kimono and had the wand.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2004, 02:45:22 pm »
u could run around groping random people (and then get sued and kicked out)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2004, 03:26:56 pm »
..I do that anyways... hmmm... and see if you dress up as Miroku, then you'll be suspected for what I did, just because you dressed up as the monk! Yay! Dress up as Miroku!
Sweet Times

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
    • http://www.geocities.com/lobstercrunchies
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2004, 04:31:31 pm »
yes, miroku. dress up as miroku. miroku is AWESOME XD ill take like 7 pictures! yes :3 im a freak :D

(edit) also, im thinking about going as mamimi from flcl ..possibly... lol XD
<font face="arial" color="#000000" size="3">Your mom goes here</font>

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2004, 05:06:22 pm »
Umm, I'm not sure about you guys but I'm rather fond of my original heart, stomach, spine, skin, etc. so I probably will not grope people.  I was able to find an old Animerica magazine of mine (let's here it for pack-rats) so I now have an example to go by.  I'll try to work on it this summer.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2004, 05:09:46 pm »
whats xd?

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2004, 05:13:12 pm »
Quote from: "zenix"
whats xd?

XD (must be capital letters) is suppose to be two tightly closed eyes with a big smile (look at it with your head tilted and it makes more sense)

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2004, 06:51:17 pm »
I'm trying to think of a third character to go as, but I think I might be stuck going as Tatewaki Kuno.  :?  My friend is going as Female Ranma so... I hope she doesn't expect me to chase her around yelling "Pig-tailed goddess!"...

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2004, 07:33:31 pm »
wouldent be a shock if ya did

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #68 on: May 11, 2004, 07:40:13 am »
I've never cosplayed before, but it seems pretty fun so this year I am going to try it out.
I am going to go as Duke Togo  a.k.a. Golgo 13.
The trick is not minding.

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2004, 07:43:10 am »
I'll be making my appearance as Taichi Yagami from Digimon Adventure. ^^; Such an underappreciated anime...

And, as this is my first con, it seems like a rather simple outfit, so I could pull it off rather well. I'll have to ask my friend's kid brother if I can borrow his Digivice... 8O

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #70 on: May 11, 2004, 09:50:45 am »
Let it be noted here that Security, or atleast me, will be paying special attention to all Miroku cosplayers.  They have a tendency to overstep their 'in character' bounds.

Having fun with friends is fine, but randomly groping girls/guys you don't know is frowned upon.
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2004, 04:56:06 pm »
yeah you dont wany anyone screaming rape in the hall
lol

Offline Stiffler

• Sailor Scout
    • http://24.20.135.157
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2004, 05:57:27 pm »
I've cosplayed once as Rage from DDR and wanted to do something new because my costume got trashed from dancing...lol...Anyone have any idea's for a goy about 5'11'' about 190 lbs.?

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2004, 06:14:44 pm »
Quote from: "Stiffler"
I've cosplayed once as Rage from DDR and wanted to do something new because my costume got trashed from dancing...lol...Anyone have any idea's for a goy about 5'11'' about 190 lbs.?

oohhh.... i dunno what you look like ^^;; what color is your hair? XD
http://www.child-play.net/dna/dark/dark02.jpg << you could always be dark ^^

Offline Stiffler

• Sailor Scout
    • http://24.20.135.157
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2004, 06:27:31 pm »
Im a heavier build than him...Brown Hair, generally wears glasses

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #75 on: May 11, 2004, 06:49:49 pm »
you could be keitaro! ^^ lol i dont know

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2004, 07:04:23 pm »
The hard part about cosplaying as someone like Keitaro is that it's hard to tell if they're cosplaying or just wearing regular clothes.  I've thought about that idea myself.  Before I went to the KumoriCon last year (when I was dressed as Seta) I had to pick up a camera at a grocery store (while in my costume) and didn't get any looks like "why is that guy dressed like that?"  I figure I could wear the costume around town for no reason if I wanted to.

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #77 on: May 11, 2004, 08:04:57 pm »
you could go as keitaro in naru's leaf bikini.. lmfao jk lol but this is why that would be simple to cosplay, like if i went as mamimi i just have to get a blue sweater and find the skirt, then tweak alittl, i have that cat hat and the hair down, but i have really thick black square framed glasses so i dunno what im gonna do about that. XD

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #78 on: May 11, 2004, 09:09:04 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"
The hard part about cosplaying as someone like Keitaro is that it's hard to tell if they're cosplaying or just wearing regular clothes.  I've thought about that idea myself.  Before I went to the KumoriCon last year (when I was dressed as Seta) I had to pick up a camera at a grocery store (while in my costume) and didn't get any looks like "why is that guy dressed like that?"  I figure I could wear the costume around town for no reason if I wanted to.

Heh Heh, I wear costumes all the time xD at the park... at school.  I dressed up as Faye Valentine for out school "Spirit Day" and my friend did Spike.  I got called to the principal's office (get's called alot for "outfits") but I had a trenchcoat, so as long as I kept that on it was ok! Woo hoo!
Sweet Times

ddrose

Gaaaah, need help!
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2004, 12:51:40 pm »
I'm planning on going this year for my first cosplay... not sure what to go as... I though Dark Dragoon Rose from Legend of Dragoon but I thought it might be too obscure and unpopular.  My other choice was Black Rose from .hack.  Or maybe Aeris from FF7.  I don't want to do something that's overdone.  Any other ideas?  
There's a pic of me at www.artandchaos.com/ddrosebio.html
My hair is a bit longer now though.
Thanks!
 :D

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2004, 03:29:52 pm »
Hmm.. I really hope to get started on a costume of Flonne from Disgaea soon. You just can't complain about cute, cheery, ninja-wannabe-angels. We'll see what else I can come up with before the con. ;)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2004, 11:03:59 pm »
I'm going to be getting an Edgar Figaro costume together and my friend Hollie is going to be Inuyasha. We were thinking that we could make Mirouku and Tsongo (sp?) costumes for me and my girlfriend. We're trying to convince our really big friend Tony to dress as shippo for irony's sake.

My girlfriend wants to be in the FF6 cosplay as either a moogle or an imp. I have a few other costume ideas, but I need people to help make them a reality. I suck at sewing.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2004, 03:23:22 pm »
If my lil' sis comes with me, then she might dress up as Shippou (she's 5 or so xD)  but I'm not sure if my mom would be able to handle my sis at a convention.
Sweet Times

Offline Teh Becca

• Sailor Scout
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2004, 07:10:02 pm »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
If my lil' sis comes with me, then she might dress up as Shippou (she's 5 or so xD)  but I'm not sure if my mom would be able to handle my sis at a convention.
Aww, that would be so insanely cute xD I'd have to take pictures...

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2004, 02:24:34 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
Hmm.. I really hope to get started on a costume of Flonne from Disgaea soon. You just can't complain about cute, cheery, ninja-wannabe-angels. We'll see what else I can come up with before the con. ;)

OMG!!! I love you! I will be so happy to see a Flonne. Will be sure to get a pic of you.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2004, 03:09:17 pm »
hehe cool! someone approves... *bumps Flonne costume to top of to-do list* calculus and java homework will have to wait! (not that I really needed a reason...)

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2004, 05:56:32 pm »
I'm dropping the ropponmatsu idea... I saw episode 26 of Excel Saga and... *shudders* I don't want anything to do with that anime!! I think I'll just go as two characters. I got a picture as someone cosplaying as Lacus Clyne so, I want to go as her, and now I have a little bit of an idea to go on. I just don't have a Haro

Offline Kynthiamoon

• Oni
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2004, 09:13:59 pm »
Wow, I have an addition already ^_^. lol. Mutsumi in a orange/red outfit I have a keychain of her in. I'm thinking about making a watermelon pillow...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2004, 09:45:12 pm »
Quote from: "Kynthiamoon"
Wow, I have an addition already ^_^. lol. Mutsumi in a orange/red outfit I have a keychain of her in. I'm thinking about making a watermelon pillow...

Hooray!  Another Love Hina character XD.  If this keeps up, I may just cosplay as Miroku for one day and be Seta most of the time.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2004, 11:31:39 pm »
Negima, I have to look for you if you're going as Seta. My friend will freak.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #90 on: May 16, 2004, 12:33:10 am »
Heh Heh, I wear costumes all the time xD at the park... at school.

I still wear my 'Random Bishie Boy #9' costume to school on ocassion, minus the chest bindings.  It's surprisingly comfterable. ^.^

The Chii one just makes people think I'm a hooker. ^.^;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Katy

• Cabbit
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #91 on: May 16, 2004, 04:56:55 pm »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"

The Chii one just makes people think I'm a hooker. ^.^;

lmfao,

here if you dressed in anyway like an anime character youd get your ass kicked XD

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2004, 05:22:54 pm »
Quote from: "Kei-Kei"
Negima, I have to look for you if you're going as Seta. My friend will freak.

In a good way or a bad way?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2004, 05:31:47 pm »
usually i'm integra hellsing from the hellsing series.
i've also been the one with glasses from haibane renmei and seraphim from mega tokyo. (though my white feather wings were a bit worn out by the end of last con.)

there are 3 costumes i have in mind, but i have no one presently to help me figure out how to get them made. 2 are from card captor sakura (series) and 1 is from utena (series).

of everything i read above, i'm most excited that someone is going as anthy. :) and that someone else enjoyed the movie version :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2004, 11:09:38 pm »
Negima wrote: In a good way or a bad way?

In a good way! I promise, freaking out in a good way.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2004, 04:25:04 pm »
Hmm... Maybe I should make Miroku my backup plan then....  Will you or your friend be wearing Love Hina costumes too?
Anybody know how to make a long-lasting, fake cigarette?  I'd like to use one as a prop and I don't want to use a real since I don't smoke (or worry about losing it and some kid finding it accidently).  So far my best idea is using a lollipop stick without the lollipop.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2004, 05:12:22 pm »
They make pencils that look like cigs. Look at novelty stores for 'em.

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2004, 06:52:34 pm »
No, we won't be going as Love Hina characters. I'm not sure who my friend is going to be cosplaying as, but I will be Naraku from Inu Yasha.

Offline ddrose

• Oni
    • http://www.artandchaos.com
Who's Cosplaying as who?
« Reply #98 on: May 20, 2004, 08:51:44 pm »
*pouts*  man, i so got ignored on my post.... oh well....
"Save your tears, cause I'll come back...."

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Re: Gaaaah, need help!
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2004, 09:19:50 pm »
Quote from: "ddrose"
I'm planning on going this year for my first cosplay... not sure what to go as... I though Dark Dragoon Rose from Legend of Dragoon but I thought it might be too obscure and unpopular.  My other choice was Black Rose from .hack.  Or maybe Aeris from FF7.  I don't want to do something that's overdone.  Any other ideas?  
There's a pic of me at www.artandchaos.com/ddrosebio.html
My hair is a bit longer now though.
Thanks!
 :D

I saw your picture.  I don't know what you think about the series, but maybe you could pull off Hikaru in either Angelic Layer or MKR?  (technically, they're the same design.)