Author Topic: gaming-related fanfiction, fan art, panels, and parodies  (Read 5133 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
gaming-related fanfiction, fan art, panels, and parodies
« on: April 26, 2006, 02:34:18 am »
just fyi, at the creation station, the fanfic contest has a special category for best game-based fanfic. games have also been the inspiration for winners in other categories in the fanfic/manga/webcomic contest, and in the onsite art contest. we also have one gaming fandom panel, regarding ren'ai gaming, visual novels, and dating sims. we'd love to have other gaming fandom related panels, events, or contests; propose topics and panelists and we'll see what we can do. we also are going to have a panel on parodies and spoofs....are there parodies and spoofs out there of specific games? i'd love to see them entered into our multimedia parody contest....
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 04:42:30 am »
I might be willing to jump in on the panel bandwagon... Problem is, I'm more than likely going to be Yojimbo and well... From the sounds and looks of it, my schedule will be busy.

I'd be limited to only a couple things I could talk about... Collectible/Trading Card Games and Old School "Classic" Video Games, specifically discussing the history of video games (I wrote a book on it once that sucked, but was tons of fun to do... And required to graduate from high school.)

I have no idea on how to run a panel and probably would just go with a simple Q&A format.

I'm interested, just don't know where to go with it and how feasible this panel would be considering my schedule during the convention.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 06:38:27 am »
Suddenly there seems to be about 5 topics regarding this "creation station"... I feel like I'm being overloaded @.@

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 08:41:13 pm »
sorry leashy---panel request forms are due in to my supervisor, so if i'm going to be doing any online soliciting to find out if anyone wants to add any panels, i have to do it now.

dan, i'll come back and check out your link tomorrow, i promise!

eternal yamcha--wow! i'm very interested in your book, and your ideas. please write more here, or pm me. thanks!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 10:08:09 pm »
I don't have an idea on what I'd do to be honest. I haven't put any thought in it until like what? Yesterday? I'm sure I could whip something up, but I've never hosted a panel, heck, never been to one. I'd need a guiding hand in a sense.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 01:20:29 pm »
it's really exciting to work on learning something new, and a great way to meet people with common interests. pursue it if you feel up to it, but don't feel pressured:)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:39:14 pm »
Again, I wouldn't mind doing one if...

A. I could get time to do it, I want to be Yojimbo this year and well... That might make it hard for me to get 30 to 60 minutes off.

B. If someone could give me a guiding hand, ideas on what to do and what to say, someone who has experience.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 07:43:48 am »
sounds good, and if not for this year, perhaps next ...or at sakuracon or animEvolution, if you attend those?