Author Topic: Webcomic Panel?  (Read 11979 times)

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« on: April 25, 2006, 07:57:08 pm »
Is there going to be a webcomic panel?  Just wondering for those out there that are looking towards maybe starting one?  
I have to say I went to the one at Sakuracon and it was very informative.  ^_^
Thanks to the panel my site has really jumped.  ^_^

well that and my shameless plugs lol

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Creation Station hosts Webcomic Workshop!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 02:40:53 am »
WOW!!
As the person who brought that panel into being, I'm very gratified to hear that!!
Hi, I'm Rem/Ellen. I had noticed someone...perhaps you? suggesting on the SC forums that there be a webcomic panel...Liriel of Badblood comics had written offering to host...I checked out her work and it was great...and the panel was born! She then brought her friend Marie Tary, and they were indeed very informative and very professional!

I'm thrilled to say that Liriel will indeed be back at the Creation Station, offering a Webcomic Workshop at Kumoricon!

And Marie will be hosting one at the Creation Station at AnimEvolution!

I can't speak for Liriel (and I do not know if she is a member on this forum). However, if you post here or pm me a link to your comic and what you would like to present as part of a workshop, I can forward it to Liriel and see if she is open to having a copresenter!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback!
(Please consider also posting in the Assault and Flattery section of the Sakuracon forums, as well, if you have not already done so! Blessings!)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:10:23 pm »
lol my comic is my banner... but it is also this as well lol
Catboy at the Con
Something that I have been doing since August.  ^_^
And honestly I have to say it was a great help.  ^_^ learned alot and I would be honored if I was considered as a copresenter. ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 09:26:19 pm »
i'll have to check out your link, and talk to liriel, tomorrow.

it is ENTIRELY liriel's call if she wants any copresenter, and whom. but i'm thrilled by your interest and your positive feedback, and hopefully she will be too!
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2006, 09:50:38 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
i'll have to check out your link, and talk to liriel, tomorrow.

it is ENTIRELY liriel's call if she wants any copresenter, and whom. but i'm thrilled by your interest and your positive feedback, and hopefully she will be too!

* smiles* Well either way if there is a webcomic panel then i will be there.
The last one was very informative... and I would love to learn more.  
Just email me at Catboy_at_the_con@yahoo.com if she does or doesn't ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 02:49:22 pm »
certainly. i'm in california right now, but will work on this when i get home :)

Offline Liriel

• Oni
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 06:27:10 pm »
Just an FYI, since I was just queried via e-mail by Catboy (and though I'd already informed Ellen), I won't be able to afford coming to Kumoircon this year :( -- hopefully next year though  :D  :D

~Liriel

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 11:29:21 pm »
Quote from: "Liriel"
Just an FYI, since I was just queried via e-mail by Catboy (and though I'd already informed Ellen), I won't be able to afford coming to Kumoircon this year :( -- hopefully next year though  :D  :D

~Liriel

Liriel, you are so wonderful, and so talented, and so succinct, I would throw a little fundraiser to get you--and the equally wonderful Shen Travis--to the con, if I could :)

I don't know if I will be blessed with the honor of running the Creation Station again at KC next year or not, but certainly if I am, you are more than welcome. :)

Meantime, I have been confirmed as coordinator again of the Creation Station at Sakuracon, and I'm hoping you'll be on board! :)

Offline Liriel

• Oni
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 09:10:31 pm »
Elllen, you can totally count me in for SC's Station (I'm already registered).  SC should go much better for me financially, so KC is more of a possibility budget wise. But yeah I think we'll both have to see ^_^  *crosses fingers*

~Liriel

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 10:35:28 pm »
Sweet. Done :)

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 12:21:00 pm »
I can't wait for the con.  Hopefully I am ready for that panel.  ^_^
See you all there.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 10:54:59 pm »
Quote from: "catboy-trades"
See you all there.

Remember, zeal can often make up for any last-second glitch or unpreparedness. Just be yourself and bring your glee for the genre and you'll do fine!

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 08:06:43 pm »
See you all there.

Remember, zeal can often make up for any last-second glitch or unpreparedness. Just be yourself and bring your glee for the genre and you'll do fine!

Oh don't worry I am not worried about bringing enough glee... it is just that I hope people don't think glee is a bit of insanity... lol

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 11:02:26 pm »
See you all there.

Oh don't worry I am not worried about bringing enough glee... it is just that I hope people don't think glee is a bit of insanity... lol

Perhaps there is a hybrid.....insaniglee?

Offline jfreedan

• Oni
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 12:50:21 pm »
Webcomic panel huh? Well, I was planning to attend the con to watch a BESM game played but if you need someone who can tell people what -not- to do with running a webcomic, I could help.

I'm the writer/creator of a print comic that ended up becoming only available as a webcomic because despite what some people say, indie comics are really hard to sell.

Speaking of which, I have about 1.8 thousand comics I'd like to give away at the convention.

Is there any way I can do that? Most of them are still in the boxes Morgan Printing shipped them to me in, so maybe stick them in open boxes with a "FREE TAKE ONE" sign?

Deathfist Ninja GKaiser: A henshin hero parody

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2006, 02:17:34 pm »
Quote from: "jfreedan"
Webcomic panel huh? Well, I was planning to attend the con to watch a BESM game played but if you need someone who can tell people what -not- to do with running a webcomic, I could help.

I'm the writer/creator of a print comic that ended up becoming only available as a webcomic because despite what some people say, indie comics are really hard to sell.

Speaking of which, I have about 1.8 thousand comics I'd like to give away at the convention.

Is there any way I can do that? Most of them are still in the boxes Morgan Printing shipped them to me in, so maybe stick them in open boxes with a "FREE TAKE ONE" sign?
Deathfist Ninja GKaiser: A henshin hero parody

send a PM to catboy at the con and the two of you can discuss whether and how he might choose to incorporate you into his workshop :)

you might be able to find someone who has a table in exhibitors' hall and/or artists' alley who would want to share with you.

those are full, both of them, i believe (see website)

meantime as far as i'm concerned, you're certainly welcome to give away some of your comics at the creation station.

however, if you are seriously looking to give away about 1800 of them, that might be about the number of "shwag bags" that are put together to give away at registration/badge pick up. so perhaps you could try to get a hold of someone working registration and/or working publicity, and see if perhaps they would let you really give that many away in that fashion. i do not know who decides what goes in those bags, but i'm sure someone has quality control over them, and would need to look at the content thereof. do you have a link for your work?

good luck!

Offline jfreedan

• Oni
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 06:20:28 pm »
I'm not kidding about 1.8k comics. I ordered 2k because it was the only way to make any profit back from printing, and have only sold about 200 of them, if that. I've come to the realization I'm never going be able to sell them all, because only 1 shop has even attempted to-- and nobody bought them. Those that did sell were to friends or the rare person on the internet who actually went to my online store. I've had these comics over a year.

All of the comics are Issue#1 of Deathfist Ninja GKaiser, but the comic pages are in b/w; the online is in color, so the quality is better...

There was a short Bonus Comic included with Issue#1 as well-- you can see what the b/w quality is like by looking at the bonus comic, because we only have this bonus in b/w format.

There is some minor profanity (damn, retard, ****, etc), but thats pretty much the only thing I could think of that might pose a problem. Nothing the average manga doesn't have.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 01:29:12 am »
i'll try to look at these links when i get home from anime evolution, but i am not the person who can decide whether or not something can be distributed at the con. good luck!

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 08:54:57 pm »
So what did people think of the panel?  
what should I change?
what should I work on?
what did you like?  
Just wondering. ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2006, 05:08:03 pm »
I thought you did well and came across as more confident than you might have felt. Did those comics from the previous posts ever arrive? If so, I never saw them.

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2006, 07:49:01 pm »
I thought you did well and came across as more confident than you might have felt. Did those comics from the previous posts ever arrive? If so, I never saw them.

I know .. .I wonder what happened to that guy and his comics lol ^_^

Offline jfreedan

• Oni
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2006, 06:03:52 am »

I know .. .I wonder what happened to that guy and his comics lol ^_^

What happened is something came up,and I wasn't able to attend the convention. I knew this ahead of time, so I got in contact with someone on the staff, but they never told me where to dropoff the comics, despite sending a couple mails asking for that info after they said they would take them.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2006, 10:33:03 am »
Wow, now THIS is a panal I am DEFFINITLY looking forward to! ^.^

I'm going to be launching my webcomic at the end of this year, and seeing how well it floats.  Which means there will probably be lots of annoying Frodo-Comic-Plugging action come New Years.  :lol:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2006, 08:20:13 pm »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
Wow, now THIS is a panal I am DEFFINITLY looking forward to! ^.^

I'm going to be launching my webcomic at the end of this year, and seeing how well it floats.  Which means there will probably be lots of annoying Frodo-Comic-Plugging action come New Years.  :lol:

well if you ever need a site to plug your stuff on send me a link and I will post it in my links and on my website.  ^_^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 01:41:13 pm »
and frodo, it goes without saying i hope you'll enter the contest! (note: she's a previous fanfic bedtime stories winner!)

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 03:51:16 pm »
Contest?  What contest?

Eeep, CONTEST!!!  :shock:

*me shrinks away and does not enter wbcomic contest out of fear of people laughing and her cute little characters*

:shock:

But I do have a nice little thing for the fanfic contest, guaranteed! ^.^

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 09:05:52 pm »
Quote from: "princessfrodo"
Contest?  What contest?

Eeep, CONTEST!!!  :shock:

*me shrinks away and does not enter wbcomic contest out of fear of people laughing and her cute little characters*

:shock:

But I do have a nice little thing for the fanfic contest, guaranteed! ^.^

oh come on.  it is fun.... and it not like they are gonna take your characters and put them in a hentai later that night...
***FLASHBACKS FROM KUMORICON AND THE YURI FMA FANFIC***
why won't they stop... for the love of all that is holy why won't the images stop!!!

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 09:12:20 pm »
*whimper*

Tachikoma, no, don't download that, it's bad for you! :cry:

Offline catboy-trades

• Sailor Scout
Webcomic Panel?
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 07:31:50 pm »
lol....
after all this time I went back to check my post... and I laugh that no one caught this... it wasn't a yuri fanfic... it was a yaoi fanfic lol  Ed and Roy together bad... bad things... bad images...