Author Topic: AMV Progress  (Read 33124 times)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
AMV Progress
« on: April 20, 2006, 10:50:23 am »
How's everyones videos coming along?

I still need to like... think of an idea for mine >_>

Offline Cherry

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantART
AMV Progress
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 11:35:22 am »
Ah i have an idea for one i want to do.  It's just a matter of getting premiere to accept the video @_@;;;;

So i have the concept, just nothing done ;>_>
Although id like to make more than one possibly...
hmmmmm...

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Re: AMV Progress
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 12:54:28 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
How's everyones videos coming along?

I still need to like... think of an idea for mine >_>

Why not something with Pie Head
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
Re: AMV Progress
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 02:56:41 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
Why not something with Pie Head

No con... No person could be able to contain it.... :shock:

Was listening to an online radio and heard a song that's pretty well-used but I think could work nicely as a Kenshin character profile using Reflections/Seisouhen. Because as we all know, we don't have enough of those already. :roll::P,

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV Progress
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 05:55:35 pm »
I am all done.
I have the entry form filled out an my disc ready for mail!
HURRAY!

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 11:24:41 am »
I'm in the process of getting a Laputa video done for the contest. I was originally going to finish a X/1999 video that I've had partially in the works for ages, but... eh. I still can't get the rest of the video down onto paper, so to speak.

Here's hoping I make it in time...

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
AMV Progress
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006, 08:52:52 am »
I hear ya.  I need to make sure my video files are still working or if I need to order the series in.  That would suck.

I was curious if we had any Gungrave amv's in the past?  Im hoping to get one done and not use any spoilers if that's at all possible.  I've got this great idea for one.  I worked on it before but my computer died on me at school.  It just sucked!
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006, 05:15:49 pm »
I have videos done, but I keep fiddling and I really want high quality clips without subtitles. T_T Maybe by next year I'll have what I want.

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 06:48:00 pm »
Uhmm... I'm in the midst of trying not to drown in all my amvs. Let's see I've started about 17 but I haven't finished any.

...eventually here though I'll start finishing and getting a faster pace on things.
Sweet Times

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2006, 09:03:46 pm »
hmmm amv wait wait is that anime music video?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
AMV Progress
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 09:24:39 pm »
Quote from: "Wolf Wood"
hmmm amv wait wait is that anime music video?

your to young to know
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 09:28:17 pm »
nope it is just looked in the sakura con program

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2006, 10:41:34 pm »
your to young to know

rofl

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2006, 10:43:00 pm »
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"
I have videos done, but I keep fiddling and I really want high quality clips without subtitles. T_T Maybe by next year I'll have what I want.

You could easily use a program like VirtualDub or TMPGEnc to crop the subtitles out

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2006, 08:20:58 am »
I worked on my amv for hours yesterday running into compression problems but sadly that's usually always the case with me.  I just have this bad vibe.

But it's turning out really well.  I'm afraid it might turn into an action peice more than a drama and concidering it's Gungrave I had to cut out alot of violent clips.

I made it PG-13 to the best of my ability so hopefully it'll work.  It's really good.

Only thing: I had to cut up major chunks of the song I was using.  But it work out ok.  I didn't want to drag people on too long with Gungrave material.  I think it's sad when amv editors think it's neccessary to just use footage tht's action heavy.  I used some elements from Brandon's past to make a real impact.  Concider than when making the amv.

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2006, 08:22:43 am »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"
Quote from: "the_wind_the_sea"

You could easily use a program like VirtualDub or TMPGEnc to crop the subtitles out

Here's an idea: Convert the files to AVI files unless they already are.  But that cuts out the subtitles.  You can do this by going into Premiere.   That's what my friend did yesterday and the images were just fine.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2006, 07:24:55 pm »
your to young to know

Oh gawd if that's true... I must be getting old.

*hides in parental's basement* no age no age free food must keep free food
Sweet Times

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2006, 11:12:59 pm »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
your to young to know

Oh gawd if that's true... I must be getting old.

*hides in parental's basement* no age no age free food must keep free food

I hear ya but hopefully you don't live with anal catholic parents.  I might have to "get-ride" of one of them....  *evil snicker*

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
Sigh...
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2006, 06:17:53 pm »
Quote from: "bastett08"
with anal catholic parents.
I've been checking in from time to time, (staying out of the encoding questions threads for reasons of impartiality,) but I found these words quite saddening.

So, I'd like to assure anyone who reads this, that the AMV competition is open to any and all without regard to creed or ideology, and that I and the judges panel will do our best to ensure that the event is enjoyable BY ALL as well, including people who espouse or are exploring little-o orthodox religions and Big-O Orthodoxies as well.
(And even fans of The Big-O!)

I hope that the rest of the con will be as welcoming.

Next, I'd like to point to 'Trinity Blood' as an intruguing anime series for fans who have contact with Roman Catholics. The series has plenty of action, plot, and decent depth, beautifully drawn characters, (bishie!) fantastic costuming and settings, just about ZERO 'service,' chaste relationships, GREAT music, and little if anything that would offend most Roman Catholics, or most other religious I can think of off-hand. There are some 'odd' circumstances with the Papacy, but as the series takes place in the far future, on another planet, and possibly even in a parallel universe (we're talking Pope #490-something, which could place this around 3500AD, plus there's no forced connection that 'their' Rome, Florence etc = the 'real world' Rome, Florence, etc) so these divergences should not only be tolerable but might make for good conversation. (and possibly make a few new anime fans as well!)

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 09:41:13 pm »
Woah there, Geirr. That was kind of a really serious answer for I think was meant to be a slightly light-hearted comment who was talking about known experience.

If anyone had taken that comment all terrible needs to just calm down. No real harm was meant I suppose.

I understand that you posted it Geirr for extra safety measures or someone complained, but... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. I'm not going to go Colbert. Nu uh. No. *sits in corner*

And bastett08, nah. My parents are great. : D I wuv them and they give me free food and free computer! *does a little dance*
Sweet Times

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2006, 10:30:20 pm »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
And bastett08, nah. My parents are great. : D I wuv them and they give me free food and free computer! *does a little dance*

Ah, no fair.  Oh well.  I guess mine will have to do... or else I might have to get rid of them.  Mwahahahaha... cough.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2006, 11:14:17 pm »
hahah, serious ultra-sensitive posts ftw...

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2006, 09:02:50 pm »
Wee hoo Got down with one amv.... now to tackle the rest and send them off...

*shudders at the thought of sending* I hate making hard copies
Sweet Times

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
I have a slow computer
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2006, 07:56:18 pm »
... but I love AMVs. And I would reaeeely like to make one. Is there any hope for me? I have gone to AMV.org and started looking at  "how to make em" guides.  Anyone have any tips on how they started out?

P.S. Has anyone ever seen Tenatious D's "Lee" song done starring Rock Lee from Naruto?

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
Re: I have a slow computer
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2006, 11:24:08 pm »
Quote from: "Antares"
... but I love AMVs. And I would reaeeely like to make one. Is there any hope for me? I have gone to AMV.org and started looking at  "how to make em" guides.  Anyone have any tips on how they started out?

P.S. Has anyone ever seen Tenatious D's "Lee" song done starring Rock Lee from Naruto?

Best advise would be to just look at some AMV"s you like and get ideas.  Second thing: sketch out your paneling that you want to use or just draw out roughs.  Trust me, you need a list of your shots and where to use them.  

Typing out a chart with Lyrics really helps for a better amv.  

Other than that, I would say tht using DVD's is a better way to transfer your clips.  They are clean, you don't need to defrag or reconfigure and I personally like Final Cut Pro for my editing.  Premier is easy and cheeper but I just love Final Cut Pro.  It's user friendly and not something you wanna shoot your eyes out for.  Some programs will be that way.

Enjoy and that AMV sounds hillarious.  I've heard that song, Lee.

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
AMV Progress
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2006, 12:05:31 am »
Glad to have finally finished mine.  I was surprised I shipped it when I did.  Usually I procrastinate about shipping things. I.E.: I was supposed to RMA my headphones last November.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2006, 08:17:40 am »

Best advise would be to just look at some AMV"s you like and get ideas.  Second thing: sketch out your paneling that you want to use or just draw out roughs.  Trust me, you need a list of your shots and where to use them.  

Typing out a chart with Lyrics really helps for a better amv.  

Other than that, I would say tht using DVD's is a better way to transfer your clips.  They are clean, you don't need to defrag or reconfigure and I personally like Final Cut Pro for my editing.  Premier is easy and cheeper but I just love Final Cut Pro.  It's user friendly and not something you wanna shoot your eyes out for.  Some programs will be that way.

Enjoy and that AMV sounds hillarious.  I've heard that song, Lee.

Thank you for the advice! [/quote]

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2006, 10:25:32 am »
Quote from: "Antares"
Is there any hope for me? I have gone to AMV.org and started looking at  "how to make em" guides.  Anyone have any tips on how they started out?

Best advise would be to just look at some AMV"s you like and get ideas.  Second thing: sketch out your paneling that you want to use or just draw out roughs.  

Heh heh, I never ever did that. x_x' I just get a semi-idea in my head and listen to the song fifty billion times in a row. Probably not the best way to choose clips but hey. I just started doing that sort of thing with a trailer I'm creating though, because that has to be very precise.

It is also a good idea to get the lyrics to check you are interpeting them right. If not, it'll be slightly confusing. And then when you do find out that you've been putting clips to different meaning lyrics it's a tad disappointing *talks from experience*

Other than that, I would say tht using DVD's is a better way to transfer your clips.

You'll have to get a DVD transferer thing though in order to make them into clips that you can manipulate. There are lots of things on the internet though that you could get to do so though. You also have to keep in mind that when taking clips from DVDs it takes a lot more time and effort since you have to sift through everything (like hour long clips) If you're just making a test AMV or just making one for practice or fun, go for using clips from other things.

I personally like Final Cut Pro for my editing.  Premier is easy and cheaper but I just love Final Cut Pro.  It's user friendly and not something you wanna shoot your eyes out for.  Some programs will be that way.

If you are just starting out I highly recommend going with whatever is free. Windows Movie Maker is a great program to just test out your AMV making skills and see if you really really want to do this. I don't recommend getting an expensive program if you find that you won't want to make AMVs after three monthes or so. Besides Windows Movie Maker isn't that terrible. I worked for two years on that before getting Premiere Pro, and I'm glad I did.
Sweet Times

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 07:20:57 am »
Thank you sassy - I really am happy that people are willing to share advice!

Anyone else have any stories of how they started out (success stories or learn-from-my-mistakes stories?)

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
AMV Progress
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 01:07:54 pm »
Hm, I have one I think.  Since I was using Sony Vegas (don't know if anyone else is using that) I was having that hardest time trying to make the text appear on the video.  It would either go to black and show the text, or not show the text at all.  I looked for some "Set to Front" option, but couldn't find any.

Finally, I realized that in order for text to appear on the video, the text bar has to be set one track above the video bar.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV Progress
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2006, 08:26:41 pm »
Hurray~~
I sent mine in a few days ago. And now I am working on another one... debating on weather or not to enter it. I mean, it would give me more of a chance of mine being shown... but I really want my first one to be shown more then the one Im making now.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Nelstheviking

• Oni
AMV Progress
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2006, 07:45:37 am »
if you have dvd's that you need to use "VicBond007's Guide to Working with DVD Footage". they have it at animemusicvideos.org.

i never did sketches or an outline or anything either. i just listened to the song over and over and got an idea and started looking through the series for clips that fit my idea. first of all take some footage and fool around and figure out how to use the program you will be using first.

i am getting so frustrated with adobe premiere. there is almost no footage that will play when i import it anymore. and even if it does play, the sound doesn't work. a while ago i was trying to figure out why my project wouldn't open, and it took me a long time to figure out that it was because i had gotten rid of a few codecs. then, when i moved away from home, i bought a new computer and let my parents have my old one. and now, none of the projects i was working on will work on this computer. i installed the same codecs i did before, so theres basically no way for me to fix this. i made a video on my old computer of what i had done so far, but now the stupid source videos which i had already run through virtual dub and stuff, won't run in premiere so i have to run them through virtual dub all over again. i am so frustrated. i don't suppose anybody has any ideas for me?

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
AMV Progress
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2006, 08:05:22 am »
Ok, so I got a wild hair and made an AMV recently. My first one ever and I'm kinda proud of it and would like to submit it for the contest but I've ran into one little snafu. I used windows media maker since it's the only program I currently possess and then noticed that it's in .wmv and the guidelines state it has to be in .avi or .mpeg. Is there a way to convert the file?
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2006, 12:26:39 pm »
How're those WMV converting programs working for you (if at all)?

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2006, 02:13:39 pm »
*huggles* They worked great, now I just need to burn them to disc and send them off! Yay! Thank you so much!
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2006, 10:20:42 am »
Hai

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 11:55:02 pm »
hahahah! This whole time I thought the deadline was July 6th when it's actually the 28th. I was browsing the rules and realized this.

ZOMG MOTIVATION BOOST

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 06:28:22 am »
Ooooomgosh I really need to send these off *stares at rusting AMVs in corner*
Sweet Times

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
AMV Progress
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 10:03:33 am »
Will there be a list of all the anime used for the AMVs or something like that.  There was a thread for that last year I think.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 10:48:00 am »
Quote from: "HeavenscloneX"
Will there be a list of all the anime used for the AMVs or something like that.  There was a thread for that last year I think.

After the contest there'll be a thread listing off all the videos, both participants and winner. We can request to have the listing of each video to include the video and audio sources.

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
Anime List in AMV contest...
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2006, 02:23:00 pm »
Quote from: "HeavenscloneX"
I'll do what I did last year: within a day or so after the deadline, I'll post a list of the the -total- number of AMV's received, and a cumulative list of all series represented. (Exception: if someone does a 'Various' and it has slices from 20 shows, I'm -not- gonna pad the list. Otherwise one entry like 'Odorikuru' would take up 25 names ... you get the picture...)

But I won't post any personally identifiable information, entry titles, etc until after the contest.

KEEP 'EM COMING !!!  :D

- G

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2006, 04:54:18 pm »
I was wondering... does it have to be on a CD or can it be on a floppy... I don't think I have a CD burner on my comp...

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2006, 09:17:30 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
I was wondering... does it have to be on a CD or can it be on a floppy... I don't think I have a CD burner on my comp...

o_o

On a CD

If a video can be put on a floppy, it better be damn short.

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 06:27:26 pm »
*scratches head* Yeah, I'm about as savy with the idiosycrises of the computer as I am with net lingo, lol  :lol: Pretty much I just push buttons and hit keys and it works, lol

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2006, 06:14:59 pm »
No worries :P

Is there anyone you know or anyplace that has a CD burner?

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2006, 05:11:31 am »
I think my father has a burner  on his computer at his place
*light bulb clicks on in her head* Ah!! I see. I can mail the file to him and burn it there!!! Mwahaha!! BRILLIANT! *glomps you yet again for your genius*

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2006, 07:59:58 pm »
Hai

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2006, 12:39:50 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
It can be on any medium as long as you don't ABSOLUTELY HAVE to get it back. So even a 100MB ZIP disk would be OK.

Fun comments about 1.44MB floppy! It'd have to be either:
a) dang SHORT, or
b) somthing like 32x24 pixelated crud, or
c) compressed in some uber-codec that just about nobody has (which would limit the sharing & distribution among other fans.

A CD is probably best - and REMEMBER THE PAPER INFO SHEET!

Does anyone know if the rental computers at Kinko's (or similar a business) have burners in them? Office Despot may also offer a burning service.**

- G

** OK, ok: room here for puns about incense or Beltaine as a 'burning service...'

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2006, 05:30:15 pm »
*tugs on Pie Row's sleeve* I require your mass knowledge once more. Found out I can burn on my computer, but when I burned my AMV onto a CD it only plays the audio... why? And how do I get it to play both... I'm such an idoit about this... this is my first time, I am an AMV virgin ^.^

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2006, 05:45:31 pm »
there are Cd burners, and DVD burners. You have a CD burner. You need a DVD burner. Your dad may or may not have a DVD burner.

Pie Row??? Can you lend a helping paw?
Have Fun

Jay