Author Topic: AMV Progress  (Read 33119 times)

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
AMV Progress
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2006, 05:56:28 pm »
*droops head in shame* Why didn't I think of that.... drat.... any idea what it would take up upgrade to a DVD burner?
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2006, 08:25:27 pm »
I think (at least from what I know) CD burners are still fine.  I've never used a DVD burner before.

You may be burning through Windows Media Player in which case the problem could be...

1. You have it set on Audio CD when burning
2. You have the wrong format of cd where it only has enough room for audio.

I've encountered those problems before. If you have the right format of CD you should be able to change it to HighMat or Data CD by using the right side arrow bar so it'll read 'CD Drive (D:) - Data CD'

Tell me if you don't burn through Windows Media Player...
Sweet Times

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2006, 05:48:25 am »
*glomps sassy lassy* You are my hero! Thank you soooo much!

Now I'm all set and ready to send this in! Get ready Geirr!!!
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
AMV Progress
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2006, 10:01:16 pm »
Good luck. :)

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2006, 03:49:57 am »
*genuflects at waist* Thank you so much, Maniac-sama and Lassy-chan, even Jay-sama!!! Ganbatte to all of you!!!!!

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2006, 10:57:53 pm »
WOAH WOAH WOAH

*cracks whip* Hold it!

I don't get a -sama? I'm just -chan?

Come on now, I'm so a -sama! *pouts*
Sweet Times

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2006, 11:38:57 pm »
*blushes and bows repeatedly in apology* I'm sorry... of course, Lassy-sama.... please for give my rudeness!!!

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2006, 11:28:12 am »
Alright Alright...

I'll let it slide... for now. *sits in armchair and stares at rusting AMVs in the computer*

Hmm to get back on topic, I finished another AMV to add on... so I have to re-burn everything because I like things to be neat and tidy before I send them.
Sweet Times

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2006, 01:28:51 pm »
I have the next two weeks or so off from school, so I'm hoping I can finish my entry by then.

If worse comes to worse, I'll cheat and use one of my old videos that's never been in a contest :P

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2006, 11:21:30 pm »
23 more days till deadline!

How is everyone doing?

I'm still trying to finish off one before I send them all out. Let's hope I finish, my program has been giving me trouble because I'm starting to run out of memory.
Sweet Times

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2006, 10:21:01 pm »
Quote from: "Dark_Lady_Kassendra"
*genuflects at waist*

You must be exceptionally limber. If I tried that I'd probably crack my head on the altar rail or something ... :D

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2006, 09:39:31 pm »
*runs around in panic* GAAAAAAH! I had to wipe my computer totally clean and lost half of my AMV before I burned it to the cd. Damn viruses!

*curls up in a ball* whyyyyyyyyy?
Sweet Times

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 11:48:50 am »
Quote from: "sassy_lassy"
*runs around in panic* GAAAAAAH! I had to wipe my computer totally clean and lost half of my AMV before I burned it to the cd. Damn viruses!

*curls up in a ball* whyyyyyyyyy?

REDO THE MISSING HALF

HURRY

DO IT

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2006, 10:18:03 pm »
Quote from: "Pie Row Maniac"

REDO THE MISSING HALF

HURRY

DO IT

*still is crying like a baby*

Not only was half of my AMV wiped out, but as well as my editing program file. Now I have to reinstall it... but to do that I have to find the cd which I tucked away somewhere.

...waaaaaaaaaaaaaah
Sweet Times

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
AMV Progress
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2006, 04:12:43 am »

REDO THE MISSING HALF

HURRY

DO IT

*still is crying like a baby*

Not only was half of my AMV wiped out, but as well as my editing program file. Now I have to reinstall it... but to do that I have to find the cd which I tucked away somewhere.

...waaaaaaaaaaaaaah

OMG that SUCKS. O.O
I've lost an AMV before cause it froze and I forgot to save... which broke my heart.... T.T
But Ive never lost my editing program....

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
AMV Progress
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2006, 08:42:17 pm »
....I give up...only one of my dvds will play on my coputer and that one wont work. I mean I can watch it but I cant edit it at all. Any suggestions on what to do?

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2006, 12:53:12 am »
Quote from: "Xi_chan"
....I give up...only one of my dvds will play on my coputer and that one wont work. I mean I can watch it but I cant edit it at all. Any suggestions on what to do?

If I may ask a dumb question, have you ripped the DVD?

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
AMV Progress
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2006, 04:15:07 am »
Um not tottaly sure what that means.Iits in good condition and I bought it new from suncoast if thats what you meant.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2006, 09:02:22 am »
To obtain the footage from a DVD you have to rip it then convert it into an editable format.

Check out AD and Ermac's guide on how to rip them or you could try VicBond's guide (PDF file) instead.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2006, 09:04:53 am »
Quote from: "Xi_chan"
Um not tottaly sure what that means.Iits in good condition and I bought it new from suncoast if thats what you meant.

I'm not 100% sure on the term myself but I'm pretty sure "ripping" a DVD means downloading footage from the DVD.

Out of curiosity, what kind of computers do you guys use to make your AMVs?

Edit: Pie Row beat me to it.

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #70 on: July 18, 2006, 03:12:22 pm »
Quote from: "Negima"

Out of curiosity, what kind of computers do you guys use to make your AMVs?

I use Emachine with Microsoft... though I'm thinking about getting an Apple laptop soon here -_-'

Psst. I like your avatar.
Sweet Times

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2006, 06:54:26 pm »
I have a Dell desktop. It's pretty decent, but I think I'm gonna need to either get an external hard drive to add to my disc space or get a whole new internal hard drive cause I recently learn my comp only has 33 Giga bytes or hard drive space O.O That sucks!!!! I need like a 120 or more.... currently after doing a huge wipe of my system and mostly putting all extrenous file on disc I still use 22 GB.... makes it hard to do anything of real potential... *sigh*

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2006, 12:32:25 pm »
*mutters curse words* Gawd, these cds never work with me.

Why can't we just enter AMVs through online (on amv.org) like Sakura Con allows. It's so much more of a difficult hassle to send it through the mail on a cd. I had the same problem last year as well. At least with Sakura Con I can get mine in to be judged without having to worry about postal, arrival time in mail, cds being broken, programs working alright, cds working alright and so on.
Sweet Times

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2006, 03:29:11 pm »
What exactly's the problem?

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2006, 03:31:18 pm »
I mean, besides there only being three days left...

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2006, 03:51:27 pm »
I sent my AMV off last week!! Yay!!! ^.^ I hope it stands a chance. I showed it to my dad who's seen his fair share of rock music videos and kinda likes anime and so, he thought my video was awesome! ^.^ I was so proud. If nothing else I have that ^.^

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #76 on: July 25, 2006, 06:52:09 pm »
What exactly's the problem?

Oh just various things. My video always seems to be in the wrong format with my discs no matter what.

Things that I could fix, but it would be so much easier if we could enter through online as well.

I sent off one of my amvs (the rest are still in need of reconstruction) but I don't know if the file worked with the CD because when I tried it, it works fine on Windows Media Player and PowerDVD but it's crap and is staggering on realplayer. I'm hoping it's just my computer.
Sweet Times

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #77 on: July 25, 2006, 11:18:21 pm »
RealPlayer is a staggering piece of crap anyways so don't worry about it. :P

If it works in Media Player Classic, then you're fine

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #78 on: July 25, 2006, 11:29:30 pm »
I started a new video last night and somehow managed to finish it tonight, a serious trailer that I didn't think would come through but it did and that just rocks. Wacky, but it rocks.

I also plan to turn in a video I entered last year but didn't get shown. For some reason. Guy assures me that he liked it, but I smell a conspiracy afoot. An AMV conspiracy. With badgers. Badgers teaming up with the Roman Catholic church to take on Letterman and Leno in a showdown of darkness in Israel!! Totally!

i'm drank all my mt dew

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2006, 01:02:35 pm »
I also plan to turn in a video I entered last year but didn't get shown. For some reason. Guy assures me that he liked it, but I smell a conspiracy afoot.
This is a good time to note that there is -NO- age limit to how old an AMV is. If you have a project that fits a current category, feel free to send it in!

Most of this year's judging panel are new faces, and so I am hoping for good results. The only 'conspiracy' I would think possible would be if an entrant somehow individually and privately contacted a sizable slice of this year's gang and they all agreed, jointly or severally, to *do* something, one way or another. But, since all awards except Judges' Choice awards are based on audience voting, the only problem would be if that act was to exclude one otherwise good entry from running against of the all the others in a category, or at least the "conspirator's pick" in that category. Other than that, even if someone were to bias a majority of judges so that an entry gets ADDED, then we all rely on the audience to choose the winner they were going to choose anyway.

Badgers teaming up with the Roman Catholic church to take on Letterman and Leno in a showdown of darkness in Israel!! Totally

Must be a TV show reference I missed?

If it works in Media Player Classic, then you're fine
I second that. MPC is my 'back-up' player, and the primary one is V-LAN, also called VLC.

Why can't we just enter AMVs through online (on amv.org) like Sakura Con allows. It's so much more of a difficult hassle to send it through the mail on a cd.
This is a good idea - I'd like to know if it's possible to set up a PC to retrieve files sent by FTP. If I get to do this again next year, I think it wouldn't be a problem to receive entries if they're already posted for download on www.animemusicvideos.org.

Another way people could do submit electronically would be to load AMVs onto their own webspaces, and then email me URLs. As long as I could download it without registering, logging in to anything, or accepting cookies, I think that would work, EXCEPT: (and I can see the nightmare now...) It's 4:39PM on the deadline day, and I get 25 e-mails at ONCE!!! Each of these are 85MB projects! There goes my bandwidth for half a WEEK!!! (sizzling, smoldering phone jack...)

Yes, this would be neat and there should be a way to do it while retaining internet privacy and anonymity. (I could even go to a Kinko's and d/l from there if I got good connectivity and the project wasn't too large...)

I am working on the contest OP right now, using Virtual Dub, Sony Sound Forge, and Hash Animation Master.

- G

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2006, 01:31:09 pm »
Quote from: "Geirr"
Badgers teaming up with the Roman Catholic church to take on Letterman and Leno in a showdown of darkness in Israel!! Totally

Must be a TV show reference I missed?

Nah, I just made that up on the spot. It was 1 in the morning and my mind was everywhere... :P

Just sent my entries in the mail! RAWK

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2006, 12:03:25 pm »
Why can't we just enter AMVs through online (on amv.org) like Sakura Con allows. It's so much more of a difficult hassle to send it through the mail on a cd.
This is a good idea - I'd like to know if it's possible to set up a PC to retrieve files sent by FTP. If I get to do this again next year, I think it wouldn't be a problem to receive entries if they're already posted for download on www.animemusicvideos.org.

*cheers*

Okay, I feel a bit better now ^_^
Sweet Times

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV Progress
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2006, 05:39:13 am »
Why can't we just enter AMVs through online (on amv.org) like Sakura Con allows.
As indicated later - I'll be experimenting with on-line submissions and/or FTP over the next year. BUT here's a recent news story below to consider.

My problem with the Sakuracon page is that UNLESS you give up your PRIVACY, (usr_name & pw) you can't -DO- anything. Now read this:

"Amazon.com has applied for a patent to create an online customer
database which would allegedly contain 'massive amounts of intimate
information about its millions of shoppers, including their religion,
sexual orientation, ethnicity and income.' "

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/280894_amazon10.html

THIS is why (a) I never order anything on-line from Amazon, and (b) outside of my job, I avoid as 'logging in" where ever possible. Logging in means "you are being watched and tracked." I don't consider that a friendly experience.

- G

Offline sassy_lassy

• Chibi
AMV Progress
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2006, 10:54:51 pm »
My problem with the Sakuracon page is that UNLESS you give up your PRIVACY, (usr_name & pw) you can't -DO- anything. Now read this...

Isn't that a bit "Big Brother" paranoia working at you there?

When you mail someone a package or something, aren't you giving away your address to whoever sees/touches the package? Sometimes that is worse than giving someone your gender. My parents work online in the book business and they get addresses from all sorts of places, if they had malicious intent they could easily store each one of those addresses, look them up on google and find out all that information.

At the same time, many retail stores need that information for their own data. Markerters need to know their customers such as what gender they are, what their income is and just who they are. When a business knows their customers more, then the better the business can be and the more knowledgable they can be when providing service. I'm not saying that some businesses don't abuse this, but there are other reasons there for this information other than 'they are going to stalk you, steal your money, and watch you as you sleep'

If everyone didn't log in, how would we identify anyone. How would we know it's actually you G? If it was just guest posting without having to log in, perhaps I could be G in my next post. After all, usernames and passwords don't exist.

Just thought some other thoughts should come up about such things.
Sweet Times

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2006, 08:23:14 am »
I was wondering, will there be info at the con guiding people like me on how to make their own AMV?  I don't know how to do it, and I'm pretty sure that my computer doesn't have the programming it needs to create one.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2006, 09:29:15 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
I was wondering, will there be info at the con guiding people like me on how to make their own AMV?  I don't know how to do it, and I'm pretty sure that my computer doesn't have the programming it needs to create one.

I know that on the AMV homepage ( http://www.animemusicvideos.org/home/home.php ) they have guidebooks on how to make one.
After skimming the schedule I didn't find anything about a panel on how to make one.

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV making workshop?
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2006, 08:21:20 pm »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
I was wondering, will there be info at the con guiding people like me on how to make their own AMV?

I have asked staff to schedule a 2-hour block (somewheres) so we can set up a computer, projector, and even a boom-box, and we can go over basics like compression, working with video clips, sequencing to music, and lip-syncing.

At this time, I'm not sure where or when would be, though (except NOT during the AMV contest or show. THAT's a given!)

If this event does -NOT- get programmed in, AND if I can whistle up / beg / borrow/ some equpment and find an unused room, THEN I will tack up some notes (I'm sure there will be a general note-board zone somewhere) and let people know where we can all meet and pound out some of these issues - or just run some leftover AMV's ...

- G

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
AMV Progress
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:29 pm »
Hm, will you be covering anything about things that compliment that editing software, like Adobe After Effects?
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
New Thread Started ...
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2006, 10:41:58 pm »
Isn't that a bit "Big Brother" paranoia working at you there?
Just thought some other thoughts should come up about such things.
Good points - I've started a new thread on:
http://www.kumoricon.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2968&sid=8aa699ced2bfaa67369dcff0b8ebb50e
regarding privacy, etc.

No conneaction to AMV's, etc.

- G

Offline Geirr

• Sailor Scout
AMV unofficial/official Workshop?!?
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2006, 10:44:29 pm »
Quote from: "HeavenscloneX"
Hm, will you be covering anything about things that compliment that editing software, like Adobe After Effects?

Well, FIRST we have to find out if programming SCHEDULES it in. (No one has told me yet.)

BUT yeah, we could touch on After Effects a bit - perhaps I could keep a saved effect in a recent AMV, and we could dissect it.

- GLL

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
AMV Progress
« Reply #90 on: August 17, 2006, 12:25:27 am »
I've always wanted to know how to use After Effects to do that pulsing effect; it like creates a duplicate transparent image of what is displayed and it enlarges immediately (kinda like sometimes in Naruto when Naruto goes Kyuubi, and the effect is accompanied by the sound of a heartbeat).
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #91 on: August 17, 2006, 08:57:32 am »
Negima, Geirr, thanks, you guys are awesome.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
AMV Progress
« Reply #92 on: August 17, 2006, 10:03:50 am »
Quote from: "HeavenscloneX"
I've always wanted to know how to use After Effects to do that pulsing effect; it like creates a duplicate transparent image of what is displayed and it enlarges immediately (kinda like sometimes in Naruto when Naruto goes Kyuubi, and the effect is accompanied by the sound of a heartbeat).

You can easily do that with Premiere. Copy and paste the clip onto a video track above the original, onto Video 2, then use the rubber bands on that clip to lower it's opacity and eventually reach zero opacity.

To do the zoom-in part, right-click and go to Video Options --> Motion. You'll see a small black line as a "miniature timeline" for that clip and a preview of what it's doing. Click on the right-most side of the black line so that the arrow is on the right side, then increase the zoom to whatever amount you want. 100% zoom means normal, anything bigger enlarges the image while anything less decreases.

If this doesn't make much sense, let me know and I'll make some kind of detailed guide.

Offline Narutardeded

• Cabbit
AMV Progress
« Reply #93 on: April 24, 2007, 10:43:45 pm »
Im on my alpha beta part im close to done just adding here and there that i missed so far i remade my amv like 13x lol

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
Re: AMV Progress
« Reply #94 on: July 27, 2007, 02:10:51 am »
Hm...well Pie, looks like I never did get to that pulsing thing.  I used Vegas, also.  Oh well, I got my AMVs done and sent in for this contest.    My AMVs aren't flashy with effects at all right now due to my limited knowledge.  I just try to make thing flow with the music as much as possible without anything extra...for now. XD
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters