Author Topic: F.A.Q.  (Read 2518 times)

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
F.A.Q.
« on: April 17, 2006, 12:50:35 am »
Okay, I've been in these forums for almost a year now (since a little before Kcon 2005) and seen the chaos of answering questions before the con...

Just thinking it would be helpful for there to be an FAQ either here or on the main convention page, it would include things like the whole age question that so many people ask every year, and would probably cut down on alot of confusion as far as convention goers trying to get answers....

So far these are the questions and the answers(from what I understand) to a few questions that have been posted here. Please correct me if there are any wrong answers, and add something if you feel like it should be posted here and I'll add  it to this post.

Q:How old do I have to be to attend Kumori-con?

A:Kumori-con is open to all ages but anyone 13 and under has to have a parent with them at all times, 14-17 has to have a person at the convention (whether it be your parents staying in a hotel (they must be there from 12 AM - 4AM.) or someone you know from the convention who will be in the smae hotel.

~~~~~~

Q: Why is it charging me $129 for a room instead of $99? I put in the Kumoricon code!

A:It seems you're charge $129 if your book the room with four people because they give you extra roll away beds, if you book with 2 people you should only be charged $99, just remember to put in the Kumori-con code and click on rooms that say Kumoricon!

~~~~~~

Q:I'm under 13 do I get a discount?

A: Yes, Child regestration is $25 and children under 6 are free with and adult regestration.

~~~~~~

Q: Does preregistration allow you into the con all 3 days?

A:Yes it does.

~~~~~~

Q: I didn't preregistrer. Can I pay at the entrance?

A: es but beware. You can pay at the counter but if the con is has reached maximum capacity, you will be turned away. So far we've only had this problem on the last day of Kcon '04.

~~~~~~

Q: Can I pay for just one day?

A:Yes. And paying for one day is cheaper than paying preregistration for all 3 days. However, paying all 3 days individually is more expensive than prereg.

~~~~~~

Q:Is it at all possible to either get a refund for my Pre-reg(for whatever reason), or move my Pre-registration to next years (2007) Kumoricon, whenever that gets announced?

A: I...don't...know....but it seemed like a good question to get answered...

~~~~~~

Q:Do I have to be 18 to work an artist alley table on my own?If I'm under 18 do I only need a guardian with me or am I not allowed to have one at all?

A: Another without an anwer.... I'm curious about this one though...

~~~~~~

>__>;;; and that all I have right now...

Again, anyone feel free to correct/answer me and PLEASE give me stuff to add, I think this would really cut down on alot of reccuring questions.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
F.A.Q.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 09:05:53 am »
The rule for Age limits (Because god, I went though so much Karp (It' a fish. ;)) last year about it) is anyone 12 and under has to have a parent with them at all times, 13-17 has to have a person at the convention (weither it be your parents staying in a hotel (they must be there from 12 AM - 4AM.) or someone you know from the convention who will be in the smae hotel. Example being, Tom the Fanboy is Neko-chan's legal Con guardian.

And I belive I read in the 2005 Convention Policies that if you have your legal (step/parent) with you after midnight, when you're... 15+(?) than you can be in the convention area.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
F.A.Q.
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 10:27:48 am »
I kept telling myself "I'm going to do this" and then managed to never getting around to it. This is great! Please, anyone who feels like compiling any frequently-asked question, post them here. It will make it that much easier to put together a cleaned-up version.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
F.A.Q.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 05:17:02 pm »
I have some.

Q: Does preregistration allow you into the con all 3 days?
Yes it does.

Q: I didn't preregistrer.  Can I pay at the entrance?
Yes but beware.  You can pay at the counter but if the con is has reached maximum capacity, you will be turned away.  So far we've only had this problem on the last day of Kcon '04.

Q: Can I pay for just one day?
Yes.  And paying for one day is cheaper than paying preregistration for all 3 days.  However, paying all 3 days individually is more expensive than prereg.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
F.A.Q.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:10:20 pm »
xD okay, I got them all so far I think....I just hit copy/paste for most of them...

adn Hey! If anyone has the answer to the two questions up there without answers feel free to speak up too! xDD