Author Topic: Furries  (Read 3109 times)

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
Furries
« on: April 14, 2006, 01:41:58 pm »
My question is one of pure curiosity....will there be any furry cosplayers at this years con? I know that the furry community is in and of itself a completely seperate subculture, but will anyone be taking their furry costumes to this years con? (To clarify ahead of time, I'm not talking about catgirls who have cat ears and a tail. No, we're talking full on furries here.)

I'd hate to be the odd man out....and I'm not even sure it's appropriate to where a furry costume to an anime con.
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Furries
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:32:51 pm »
there were some furry fans in attendance at the creation station at sakuracon, albeit not dressed as such. i see no reason why it would be less than fully welcomed. personally i'll be rather plushy part of the time (a handful of folks know the specifics of my costume, based in a book series outside of anime).
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
Furries
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2006, 09:02:27 pm »
Well...I would do that...but there are a few problems.
One: I consider myself a dragon and I can't really make a scaled costume on a Junior in highschool budget.
Two: last part of #1
Three: I'm poor and lack sewing skills.

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
Furries
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2006, 09:51:58 pm »
Is a squirrel myself but sadly no cosplaying will be done in my furrie nature.

but I do plan on cosplaying as Totoro :-)
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Furries
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 10:31:04 pm »
there are people who dress in mascot costumes who i think are comming. but as specific characters like kon. non random furryness
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Daxe

• Chibi
    • my myspace
Furries
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2006, 12:10:54 pm »
but I do plan on cosplaying as Totoro Smile

What a totoro? I must get a picture! Can you turn into a bus too?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Furries
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 03:59:19 pm »
wow, if she can turn into a bus, then that would meet the request of the person who posted the thread asking us to commute folks to the hotel...lol

meantime *waves* i've been a squirrely girlie too!! hee hee must be why i loves ya
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline nonomi_ikari

• Sailor Scout
    • http://fionarea.deviantart.com
Furries
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 11:56:50 am »
Quote from: "spindrift"
but I do plan on cosplaying as Totoro :-)

You would then live in my closet. I'd kidnap you and take you back here to Idaho. O_O

[I'm a panda! ^^ ]

Offline Kasa

• Cabbit
Furries
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2006, 02:34:01 pm »
I happen to think furries are awesome! But, if I were going to do a furrie-ish costume, it would be a cat-girl, or just a pair of wings.  I, in my own opinion, wouldn't do a whole fur suit for Kumoricon simply because I know for a fact I would get too hot and not want to wear it...:oops:  I was Princess Peach for the past two Sakuracons, and I was using my frying pan as a fan, I got that hot.  It was only march this year, and I was so hot that sunday I went around without my wig, and the dress still caused me to fan myself...  I know that my rant seems off topic, but I'm just gonna warn you, that if you wear a full fur suit, I would recomend installing some sort of cooling device and taking atleast one shower a day, maybe two on Saturday if you get too stinky :D
2014 Cosplay:
~Pinkie Pie from MLP:FiM
    Workout and Plain-clothes
~Rose Lalonde from Homestuck
~Punk Growlithe from Pokemon