Author Topic: Your First Kumoricon  (Read 19033 times)

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
Your First Kumoricon
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2006, 10:02:45 pm »
First time I went was at the second con... I went with a friend on saturday and we were the last people allowed in at the time....we stayed for three hours and when we left we realised there was an upstairs...

Then I went last year with three friends, we all pre-registered and were there for all three days...great fun....

I'll still never forget Naruto duck duck goose or Butternut...some of the greatest times of my life....

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Your First Kumoricon
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2006, 12:46:35 am »
My first con was Kumoricon 2005.  I have always enjoyed anime, and got politely dragged along to a couple of meetings that year by kylite and darkerlight.  After the first few, I decided what the heck and volunteered to do yojimbo for my first con.  Ended up being one of the best decisions I made, as I had an absolute blast last year.  Lots of awesome costumes and cool people to stay up all night with.
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Hawkeye

• Catgirl
Your First Kumoricon
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2006, 12:14:32 am »
butternut kicked major ass.  another good memory for me was the night before the con started when kylite and I got stationed at the pre reg desk and the goggle squad boys came up looking forlorn and bored because it was past midnight and they didn't want to go to bed, so we put them to work helping string up lanyards.  amusing how much work 5 teenage boys can get done when they actually put their minds to it, LOL
"Now I'll show you how real vampires do battle!"

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Your First Kumoricon
« Reply #53 on: April 14, 2006, 12:45:09 am »
This next Kumoricon will be my first even though I was there when it all began.  

Dream sequence flashback dissolve to:

I was a non-student member of TUNAC.  The kids had been kicking around the idea of a convention aiming toured November (Maybe 10 months away).   I was jazzed by the idea as there are Zero conventions in Eugene with fan participation, IE the so called Comic Convention is more of a trade show and swap meet, you Look, you buy, you go home.   It was the inner circle of the TUNAC leadership who were working on the idea and I was the creepy old guy out so I did not have all the details.   In hindsight I should have mentioned that I majored in technical theater and had experience in setting up and staging event locations and managing the circus behind stage, and my brother Un-Law has a company that puts together national trade shows and CONVENTIONS.  As it went I had work or school that kept me away from campus on Thursdays so I dropped going to TUNAC and still went to the other club on Fridays.   Next thing I know it was November and the con was a few days away.   So I reached in my closet and pulled out the outfit I wore to the MIB premiere and was going to go as a Sodat Gunman from Noir or a Turk from FF7.  I had work on the Friday and Saturday and had my outfit laid out to go Sunday and attend some of the writing seminars (this was a year or so after I started my Epic JEDI CHICKS fan fiction that has shown up in printouts at LFL/ILM security meetings).   Of course being as old as I was I slept though Sunday and missed it.      

This is Uma and I in the outfits we were going to ware to K Con 01

http://vondan.com/dan/studio/fiction.jpg
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Xaam

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/allyson_l
Your First Kumoricon
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2006, 01:32:01 am »
My first Kumoricon was very...oh wait....I haven't gone yet.   :(
I refuse to believe people refuse to believe the truth.