Author Topic: fanfic articles / art for them  (Read 21399 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
fanfic articles / art for them
« on: June 04, 2004, 07:19:48 pm »
programming coordinator peter has requested that the various programming areas compose articles that could be linked to our forums, to interest folks in said programming areas.

our first fanfic article was just submitted! it's by blackjack gabbiani, and details how she got her start as a fanfic author. it's a truly lovely, inspiring piece that lit up my day and put a huge  :D on my face.

anyone is more than welcome to write additional articles, on any subject related to fanfic!

those who wish, could also have their articles reprinted in our forthcoming zine!

and we will also be glad to receive any fanart to accompany those articles.

hoping to hear from any of you!
love,
rem.

p.s. i am going to forward blackjack's article to peter. i don't know how soon it will be available on a link. i'll try to find out when, and how, it may be accessed, and let folks know by posting here :)

love,
rem.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 07:32:36 pm »
Rem asked me if I had any pictures of myself to use in the article, and the only costume of note I have to a fandom I mentioned in the article is Kefka from FFVI. Since I don't have any pictures of it that I took myself, is there anyone who got a picture of me in it last year? And if so, if we can use it, please post!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 03:01:18 am »
My pictures weren't that good, but you should be sure to check http://www.obsessedwithanime.com/ because I know I saw at least a few that you were in. Someone might've caught one of your costume.
Especially during the karaoke.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 08:28:57 pm »
How do i enter a fanfic in the contest, or is it already too late?
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 04:30:38 pm »
thanks for your interest. it is definitely not too late!
you may pm me your work, or email it to me at rem_saverem_was_right@yahoo.com, or you may submit it up through the time of the fanfic workshop (probably on sunday afternoon) at kumoricon.
 :)

i look forward to reading your work! everyone! :)
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 09:31:21 pm »
I hope I did this the right way, submitting about 13 Word files in one e-mail that I hope he will have time to print out for consideration. I don;t know if I should hope for a detailed criticism, a panel recommendation, or what.

The sotry is a 13-part epic Slayers continuation saga called "Slayers INheritance", all about the adventures of Lina and Gourry;s daughter, Anya Inverse, who evidently became quite a poopular charatcer ion fanfiction.net.

It's a great story, fi i do say so myself -- full of suspense, romance, humor, good treatment of the canon characters and good original characters. Titania, the unwilling half-Mazoku daughter of Xellos, strikes a special chord with me.
Michael Hopcroft Press

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 05:14:13 pm »
i haven't had a chance to read it, yet,  but i did receive it, thank you so much! :)

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 09:47:24 pm »
Do you have an at-home e-mail address i can send it to so you can read it properly without having to go through your hassles at work? I have you mailing address but not a name for the envelope (they don;t delvier mail without a real-looking name).

Anyway, i'm not as confident in the sotry as I was a couple of weeks aogo and am thinking of withdrawing from the contest. I also don;t know iof previous psoting on the Internet makes a story ineligible. (not having seen the rules....)
Michael Hopcroft Press

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2004, 12:05:56 am »
Quote from: "Michael_Hopcroft"
Do you have an at-home e-mail address i can send it to so you can read it properly without having to go through your hassles at work? I have you mailing address but not a name for the envelope (they don;t delvier mail without a real-looking name).

Anyway, i'm not as confident in the sotry as I was a couple of weeks aogo and am thinking of withdrawing from the contest. I also don;t know iof previous psoting on the Internet makes a story ineligible. (not having seen the rules....)

hi, michael! good to hear from you again. :)

i have pm'd you my legal name.

i have no email access at home, sorry.

there is no rule precluding a piece previously viewed elsewhere from being submitted for this contest.

in fact, there is no rule precluding submission of a piece that has previously won other contests.

every piece submitted will receive a review from me--even if it falls outside the rubric of fanfiction; even if it is only a paragraph, or a full novella; even if it comes in after the deadline.

unless an individual author requests a review in a different format, my reviews will tend to take the form of line-by-line critiques. these critiques include not only proofreading and editing, but also character continuity and plot development pointers, and questions folks unfamiliar with the requisite canon might ask, for authors to contextualize.

the only pieces i would decline to judge for the fanfic contest are:
(a) pieces that were in last year's contest---unless they were significantly rewritten, and/or only judged by folks who were not among last year's judges;

and/or

(b) pieces for which i served as beta reader---though if others step forward to co-judge, those others could review such pieces.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 01:27:23 am »
Quote from: "Michael_Hopcroft"
I have you mailing address but not a name for the envelope (they don;t delvier mail without a real-looking name).

Sure they do. I've gotten stuff addressed to Blackjack Gabbiani before.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 01:51:41 am »
well actually, since i'm new to my apartment complex and haven't listed alternate names on the box (nor have room to do so) i imagine my delivery person might only deliver to my legal name at this address..though at my old address i got stuff delivered to my various political organization names