Author Topic: I'll try not to snore!  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
I'll try not to snore!
« on: March 26, 2006, 07:45:48 pm »
^^ Hoy! Is anyone booking a room at the Red Lion Hotel? I'm working on "Vic's Great Travel Adventure" and I found that 100 smackers a night is waaaay too much for me....

Is it possible to find some roommates and split out the $99 fare a night evenly?

Or, Leashy-Chan, you mentioned crashing over and your place a night maybe, I would sooo be in your debt if that worked. I'd sew you a Sakaki plushie and anything else! I'd do my best! XD

Maybe, I'm planning on leaving the Vancouver Amtrak Station at 8:45 AM and arriving in Seattle at 12:30PM. Then I'll switch trains to leave Seattle from 1:45PM and arriving at Portland at 5:15PM. This all takes place on August 31, so I have a night and one day before the convention.

Leashy-Chan, you said it'd be neat to meet up a day before the con! Maybe we could talk over everything and maybe about the possible sharing a selling table in the Artist Alley?

Ne, anyways... Maybe, Leashy-Chan, I could stay the August night at your place, if you allow it, and then help pay a hotel room with you for SEptember 2, 3, and 4, maybe?

I'm planning to leave Portland Amtrak Station at 12:30PM and arrive at Seattle at 4:00PM. Then I'll leave Seattle at 6:00PM and arrive at Vancouver at 9:30PM. This is on September 5.

I'll spend the night with my sister in Vancouver, on August 30. And I'm planning to crash at her place after arriving from Amtrak Train on September 5.

Leashy-Chan, I can change the dates if you'd like! And if I'm too forward to ask you all this, I'm sorry ^^;

And everyone else - roomates or anything? I have to admit, I snore a little, but I'm getting some stuff to stop that XD I'm friendly, hardly dislike anything, and I'd probably give you an arm if you asked for it.
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2006, 10:23:20 pm »
Haha, yeah that's cool, you can stay whatever nights you need to at my house, just PM me the exact dates you were thinking because Ia m kinda confused haha.  You can stay every night of the con at my place if you need, although it would be kinda nice to have a hotel room booked, so I would be willing to go in on a room with you RinRin and whoever else wants to stay really. I'm excited, it's so weird to be planning this far in advance though

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:07:38 am »
i'd be willing to go in for a room, tho i'd amit it is weird this far in advanced , i 'm bring my younger bro least if not a friedn or two i dont know how you feel about rooming with boys but more people means more money for dealers room
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 05:09:31 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
i'd be willing to go in for a room, tho i'd amit it is weird this far in advanced , i 'm bring my younger bro least if not a friedn or two i dont know how you feel about rooming with boys but more people means more money for dealers room

Believe me it is not too early by any means..  The earlier the better and I haven't check but last year at the double tree they gave free up grades for those of us who got rooms early.
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:20:54 am »
Aww, hey great, Leashy-Chan! ^^ I think I covered everything in my latest PMs.

Ne ne, Jazzy-Chan, so you and your younger brother will be going for sure? So thats, assuming we're all sharing a room, that's 4? Leashy-Chan, Jazzy-Chan, your brother, and myself? Is there a limit to people in a room or no?

If 4 is the limit, it's about $25 a person each night. How long would we be planning to use the hotel?

OIee, I thought it really wasn't possible to be "too early" when dealing with convention preparations. I've got to register quickly, table buy, and buy my train tickets by the end of April XD What's your name?
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 01:16:41 pm »
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"
If 4 is the limit, it's about $25 a person each night. How long would we be planning to use the hotel?

We would only need it for two nights right?  Friday, saturday, and check out on sunday?  would we have to pay for three days then I wonder.

Ne, anyone who has already been to the con, which hotel is the best one to stay at?  We should probably book it soon

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
I'll try not to snore!
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 01:19:06 am »
Quote from: "leashy"
Quote from: "Catgirl Rin Rin"

We would only need it for two nights right?  Friday, saturday, and check out on sunday?  would we have to pay for three days then I wonder.

Ne, anyone who has already been to the con, which hotel is the best one to stay at?  We should probably book it soon

I can't really say much about which hotel is the best to book.  The con has yet to stay in the same hotel for more than a year and I don't know the area too well for this year.

One thing I discovered about hotels is that you have to check out of the room before the check out time otherwise they might charge you extra.
However, you can also ask (or call) the front counter and see if you can extend your check out time.  Most places do this.  You can also leave your luggage behind the desk if you need to so you're not carry it everywhere.