Author Topic: No anime on WB?  (Read 5381 times)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« on: May 01, 2006, 08:30:46 am »
I found this link on http://www.lelola.net/news.shtml

KidsWB fall line-up

It's a fall schedule for KidsWB 2006.  You'll notice there is no anime listed on it.  Yugi-Oh will be finished by then and since 4kids sold Pokemon it's currently unknown what will happen to them.  Same goes for Viewtiful Joe.

There seems to be an opening in the 9:30 time-slot so something may go in there unless Shaolin Showdown goes for an hour.  What do you guys think will happen?  Will the shows get moved to another channel or will this be the end of those series for us?
(Yes, theorize even though we're dealing with very little to go on)

On a personal note, I'm not at all surprised that Lunatics Unleashed was dropped

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
No anime on WB?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 03:40:30 pm »
That weird... but aren't they making alot of money off of pokemon and yu gi oh?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2006, 07:42:17 pm »
i think yugi oh and pokemon have been around there starting to get a bit old
maybe there saving some anime for a mid season replacement in case sme really dosent do well,
i dont know what will happen unless they option a bunch of new anime or somthing, reacion is spli between wanting the younger generation exposed to more anime and knowing what editing will do to what ever anime is sold
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2006, 10:36:25 pm »
Yugi-oh is coming to a complete close so I understand why they're no longer showing that.  Still it seems odd they're not showing reruns of it like they used.  (I still can't believe they stopped showing cartoons during the weekday)

My guess is since they seem to have some connection with Cartoon Network, Pokemon will be moved over there.  At least I hope.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 03:54:03 pm »
Actually, the whole thing with Pokémon is quite complicated. Since PUSA took over the dubbing (and from what we've seen of it so far, they make 4Kids look like dubbing genuises by comparasion) and recast all the voices, WB said they wouldn't air it with the replacement voices.

Although from what I understand, the fan outcry forced an emergency meeting yesterday, so that may have changed.

Offline gw82

• Cabbit
wb anime yah right
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 02:12:23 am »
i dont consider any of that stuff anime that stuff you are talking about are cartooons it may-be made in japan but that dosen't make it anime
Heero Yuy
                The One and Only

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
Re: wb anime yah right
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2006, 09:40:12 am »
Quote from: "gw82"
i dont consider any of that stuff anime that stuff you are talking about are cartooons it may-be made in japan but that dosen't make it anime

It is anime, it is just a different genre of it. I do feel though that well at least pokemon has been ruined for alot of us because of poor dubbing, but that doesn't make it any less of an anime. And it is not just being "made" in Japan that makes it an anime anyway.

Offline prettymoi

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/29182705
No anime on WB?
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2006, 04:28:29 pm »
Exactly. not all anime looks the same. they all have different companies backing them and different artists. regardless they are anime. The dubbing just sucks
Trust is where it all begins...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2006, 09:32:26 pm »
blackjack--fan outcry that causes any kind of impact is precisely the kind of thing i would like to learn more about for fanfic panels, and precisely the kind of thing that toni levi would want to present in her academic circles. could you elaborate please? meantime, perhaps some of the lineup turnover is related to the fact that the wb-----progenitor of most of  my favorite shows (buffy, angel, charmed, smallville, gilmore girls)----is going to merge with, i think it was, upn (progenitor of my other favorite shows--veronica mars, i want to say firefly but i'm not sure i'm remembering that right???? i watched at someone else's house who had cable). i think that it was that neither could afford to continue on its own? anyone know more on this?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
No anime on WB?
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2006, 11:22:24 am »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
Although from what I understand, the fan outcry forced an emergency meeting yesterday

Reading things like this make me proud to be an otaku.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2006, 02:50:17 pm »
me too!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
No anime on WB?
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2006, 09:54:17 pm »
what that was somewhat of my anime source