Author Topic: Costume Sale  (Read 11617 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume Sale
« on: March 30, 2006, 09:59:25 am »
Because of a lack of room for all the NEW costumes that I've been making, I'm pondering selling off many of my old costumes (20+ years worth of sewing!) ...

Haven't decided on prices yet (make me an offer!! I just might take it), but here's a partial list of what needs to be shoved aside for my new stuff: Sesshoumaru (aluminum armor, too!), Laughing Man, Genzo Sanzo, the "This costume has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" sign, the "Costume Licensing Agreement", Software Pirate, Samurai Salad [excellent hangover costume], "Nip of Scotch" [half scotsman half samurai pun costume], "Rum an' Coke" [Roman soldier out of coca cola fabric pun costume], brown & yellow parti colored 12th century velvet 'gates of hell' dress, blue 12th century 'gates of hell' dress, Byzantine male and female outfits, "bad reception man" [another pun costume - very comfy], "Daphne" [of Scooby-doo] dress, 60s space bimbo, and a few generic tunics.

I have pictures of most of these (and will take pics of the rest!). Most of the costumes listed are made to fit loosely, so they will actually work for many body types / sizes (I'll help adjust the costume if it's a bit large; don't have extra fabric to make 'em bigger, though). Costumes are essentially in sizes equivalent to L / XL sizes. All are in good to excellent condition and all are CLEAN. Email me off list to let me know which you might be interested in and we can discuss.

-Andie
andie@ados.net

Offline Miss Citrus

• Cabbit
    • El Jay
Costume Sale
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 07:31:59 pm »
You wouldn't happen to have a toy gun to go with your Sanzo costume, per chance? :3 It's the one thing I missing from my own costume, as I could not for the life of me find one that even resembled his revolver. If you have something like that, could I buy just that piece of the costume? I'd be willing to pay extra if so.
My Photo Archive + Cosplay.com + CosplayLab + ACP
Pika Pika Queen on SCMB.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 08:02:15 am »
Quote from: "Miss Citrus"
You wouldn't happen to have a toy gun to go with your Sanzo costume, per chance? :3 It's the one thing I missing from my own costume, as I could not for the life of me find one that even resembled his revolver. If you have something like that, could I buy just that piece of the costume? I'd be willing to pay extra if so.

I'd skipped making the revolver for my Sanzo, too, because at the time I'd made the costume I'd heard that a lot of conventions were going weapons-free (and what's the sense of having a cool weapon if you aren't allowed to carry it with the costume?).

Offline Miss Citrus

• Cabbit
    • El Jay
Costume Sale
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 08:48:08 am »
Quote from: "Runa"
I'd skipped making the revolver for my Sanzo, too, because at the time I'd made the costume I'd heard that a lot of conventions were going weapons-free (and what's the sense of having a cool weapon if you aren't allowed to carry it with the costume?).

Aw damn. Thanks anyway, though. ^^ (It's true, though I still want one, because I'm that much of a Sanzo-freak. xD )
Pika Pika Queen on SCMB.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Costume Sale
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 10:42:58 am »
check your local Dollor store.  The ones near me have had several life size plastic revolvers in the toy section.   I'm not familer with the gun you want to make but you can always repaint them and add bits on to it.  I picked up a bunch as they are the corect size and shap for when I wet mold a hlster out of leather
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Miss Citrus

• Cabbit
    • El Jay
Costume Sale
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 07:35:07 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"
check your local Dollor store.  The ones near me have had several life size plastic revolvers in the toy section.   I'm not familer with the gun you want to make but you can always repaint them and add bits on to it.  I picked up a bunch as they are the corect size and shap for when I wet mold a hlster out of leather

Oh wow, thanks. I'll be sure to check that out. (Someplace obvious, too... >___<;; )
Pika Pika Queen on SCMB.

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 02:14:08 pm »
Oh, here's a partial listing w/ some details on costumes. I've worn some of these at conventions, so some of you may have seen them. I'll find links to pics, since I can't seem to post pics to this forum...

Sesshoumaru (aluminum armor, too!) :  Fits Male or Female. This is the expensive costume because Guy cast the aluminum armor AND managed to make bits of the armor 1/4" thick (which the books say is not possible in a sand casting!). He burned a LOT of coal to do it. Also, the designs on the kimono were hand painted, and all parts were made following genuine Japanese patterns for hakama, kimono and the method for tying on the armor. So yeah, it cost me a LOT, so the price sounds high, but it's near what we paid for it, so it's acutally cheap [btw, Faerie Fingers made a Sesshoumaru costume for someone and charged him > $1600 for the experience].. $350

Laughing Man : Fits all humans and bipeds resembling humans. This is from Ghost in the Shell anime. The outer ring of words spins around in a slight breeze. Great costume for someone who doesn't "dress up". $4.

Genzo Sanzo (Gensoumaden Sayuki anime) :  The outer layer (kimono, "sutra" shoulder decoration, belt, gloves) are fine for men/women. The under layer (sleeveless turtleneck & stretch pants) is definitely sized for a woman's proportions. $40

Software Pirate:  Fine for male or female. Costume includes hat, jacket, vest, belt & a string of extra CDs to attach to boots. $10.

Glingle Glingle Glingle Fairy:  Won "Most obnoxious hangover costume" 3 years in a row at RustyCon (they wouldn't let me enter it again as the HOTEL STAFF was annoyed by it as well). If you breathe, at least one bell will jingle. Ear plugs included.  :)    $5

"Costume Licensing Agreement" - Free size.Used up 2 marking pens to write this. Writen in Guy's "Engineers' Printing". Excellent coverup for a costume or for a lawyer who want to wear a "legal" costume. We spoofed on the Netscape Licensing Agreement, so there are some silly sentences that you won't find in any binding legal agreement.  $5

"This costume has performed an Illegal operation and Will be shut down [OK]" - free size. Mocks Microsoft error message. Good for someone who doesn't wear costumes or for someone who's wearing a costume that's experiencing a "costume failure". $5

"60s Space Bimbo" - Lady's outfit. Green Dress with plastic belt and "armor". Silly -- but comfy -- retro costume. $10

"Daphne" from Scooby Doo - Lady's outfit. Purple dress w/ lavendar details & green scarf. Purple fabric is part wool & I'm allergic!! $8

Samurai Salad - Fine for male or female. Perfect "hangover detector" costume. Won "most obnoxious outfit" at RustyCon [This was before invention of Glingle Glingle Glingle fairy...]. LOUD hakama of red, yellow, purple, green, and maybe some other colors tacky patterned fabric; kimono of white and bright green bamboo. $15

Byzantine male outfit -  Definitely a Guy costume. 3 layers: undertunic black & Grey, over tunic red with black & gold trim, outer thingie (? forgot name of thing, it looks like a tabard, but has a cooler name) of red-orange & golden yellow brocade. Worn once.  $20

Byzantine female outfit - Definitely a ladie's costume. Matches Byzantine male outfit. Supposed to be 3 layers, but outer layer has been misplaced. Undertunic black & Grey, over tunic red with black & gold trim. Worn once.  $17

"bad reception man" -  Made to fit messy like sweatpants; made of assorted black & white fabrics glommed together to resemble static. You'll need to add your own TV antenna (we're still using our antenna). Perfect pun costume for Artists' reception or other receptions. $5

Plus, several other tunics for SCA Casual wear - some are for men, some for women. I still have  determine prices. Note: since they're the older costumes (>10 years old), they'll be fairly cheap. The male ones are 11th century Norman style. Female ones are 11th century Germanic.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 02:24:30 pm »

Sesshoumaru (aluminum armor, too!) :  Fits Male or Female. This is the expensive costume because Guy cast the aluminum armor AND managed to make bits of the armor 1/4" thick (which the books say is not possible in a sand casting!). He burned a LOT of coal to do it.

1/4 or 1/2 even 6 inches sand casting no problem

http://vondan.com/picture_library/bronze.jpg

I have not sand casted in years when I was in college art classes, thanks for the idea, I have friends with a forge and a set up for medevil armour sand casting part for fantacy armour would be almost as easy as carving them in foam.  I have even created a meathod the teacher did not know to sand cast multiples of the same thng not one off like most others
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 03:52:27 pm »
if there is such a thing as a costume that could work as garb for scadia one weekend and cosplay for a con the next, i'd be all over it, if it fit me. (you might recall i'm about 5'2'' and about 100 lbs give or take). anything? and what is "gates of hell" with 12th c. costumes?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
SCA / Anime crossovers
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 04:08:41 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
if there is such a thing as a costume that could work as garb for scadia one weekend and cosplay for a con the next, i'd be all over it, if it fit me. (you might recall i'm about 5'2'' and about 100 lbs give or take). anything? and what is "gates of hell" with 12th c. costumes?

Well, since Japanese costuming is being allowed in the SCA, any traditional Japanese outfit that resembles an anime character could work.

As for any of my costumes, I could assist in shortening / slimming whatever needed to be adjusted so that it would fit. The cool part is that for SCA ladies' garb is OK to be too long...it's part of the style.

"Gates of Hell" was the nickname for the sideless surcoat. It was called the "Gates of Hell" because it showed off much more of the female figure than most dresses of that period and men who gazed too much on the female curves were bound for the gates of hell.... see: http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/sdress3.html  (oh, and, oops, 13th century. I keep forgetting the proper "counting" of centuries... 12xx is 13th not 12th century. sigh. <bonks head>)

However, then good news is that it'll be cheap enough, that you won't mind having several... really! (we're talking like <$20 for complete outfit here)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2006, 09:34:55 pm »
Quote from: "Miss Citrus"

Oh wow, thanks. I'll be sure to check that out. (Someplace obvious, too... >___<;; )

I just looked up Sanjo and his weapon is just a Smith and Wesson 38 (I'm holding one now,  mwaa haa haaa, not kidding) those toys guns I found are exactly that except the barrel is to long (like grandma’s S&W)  you want to find a toy S&W that has the short barrel like on a Detective of Chief's Special.

Von "Granny had a gun" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: SCA / Anime crossovers
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 01:26:52 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"

Well, since Japanese costuming is being allowed in the SCA, any traditional Japanese outfit that resembles an anime character could work.

As for any of my costumes, I could assist in shortening / slimming whatever needed to be adjusted so that it would fit. The cool part is that for SCA ladies' garb is OK to be too long...it's part of the style.

"Gates of Hell" was the nickname for the sideless surcoat. It was called the "Gates of Hell" because it showed off much more of the female figure than most dresses of that period and men who gazed too much on the female curves were bound for the gates of hell.... see: http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/cloth/sdress3.html  (oh, and, oops, 13th century. I keep forgetting the proper "counting" of centuries... 12xx is 13th not 12th century. sigh. <bonks head>)

However, then good news is that it'll be cheap enough, that you won't mind having several... really! (we're talking like <$20 for complete outfit here)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:16:34 am »

Software Pirate:  Fine for male or female. Costume includes hat, jacket, vest, belt & a string of extra CDs to attach to boots. $10.

For a costume that is decorated with Cd's and they break a lot try using the platters out of old hard drives. They look a lot like Cd's and stand up to a lot of punishment as they are made of steel, you can even pretend your Xena and they are your round killy things not that I ever pretend i'm Xena when I toss platters around the shop
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Miss Citrus

• Cabbit
    • El Jay
Costume Sale
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 10:18:48 am »
I just looked up Sanjo and his weapon is just a Smith and Wesson 38 (I'm holding one now,  mwaa haa haaa, not kidding) those toys guns I found are exactly that except the barrel is to long (like grandma’s S&W)  you want to find a toy S&W that has the short barrel like on a Detective of Chief's Special.

Von "Granny had a gun" Dan

I actually just bought one at the 99 cents store yesterday. o__o I was walking in Seattle when I saw one and just decided to peek in. Of course, they had a big toy/cap gun section, and all of them were revolvers. xD;; The one I got is near perfect (with the short barrel), though I might paint it some.

Anyways, thanks for all your help. I already knew Sanzo's gun specifications, but that's just because I'm a certified Saiyuki Whore. x3
Pika Pika Queen on SCMB.

Offline Givon

• Sailor Scout
Costume Sale
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2006, 07:59:31 pm »
Would you happen to have  Itachis Jacket, from Naruto?
"Ever done it with a ninja?....want to do it again?"~ Givons random moment

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2006, 10:39:28 am »
Quote from: "Givon"
Would you happen to have  Itachis Jacket, from Naruto?

Don't have any Naruto costumes.

Oh, I finally have the complete list of costumes I'm selling. Photos available, but I don't have a way to post them in this forum, so let me know and I can email them to you. (10MB zip file for all pics). I have posted them in the GPACG-general yahoo groups' photos section if you can get to that.

Costumes are generously sized, fitting equivalent of L/XL t-shirt. In the notes for each costume, I mention whether it is a male or female costume. Male costumes fit Guy; female one fit me. If they're labeled "for both" it means we've both worn the costume at one time or another. Main difference is that he's broad in the shoulders, while I have narrower shoulders, but stick out quite a bit in the front.   :)

Sesshoumaru (aluminum armor, too!) : Fits Male or Female. This is the expensive costume because Guy cast the aluminum armor AND managed to make bits of the armor 1/4" thick (which the books say is not possible in a sand casting!). He burned a LOT of coal to do it. Also, the designs on the kimono were hand painted, and all parts were made following genuine Japanese patterns for hakama, kimono and the method for tying on the armor. So yeah, it cost me a LOT, so the price sounds high, but it's near what we paid for it, so it's acutally cheap [btw, Faerie Fingers made a Sesshoumaru costume for someone and charged him > $1600 for the experience].. $350

Laughing Man : Fits all humans and bipeds resembling humans. This is from Ghost in the Shell anime. The outer ring of words spins around in a slight breeze. Great costume for someone who doesn't "dress up". $4.

Genzo Sanzo (Gensoumaden Sayuki anime) : The outer layer (kimono, "sutra" shoulder decoration, belt, gloves) are fine for men/women. The under layer (sleeveless turtleneck & stretch pants) is definitely sized for a woman's proportions. $40

Glingle Glingle Glingle Fairy: Photo in Yahoo location is of initial iteration, prior to addition of the tacky apron and the Bells, oh the BELLS. Won "Most obnoxious hangover costume" 3 years in a row at RustyCon (they wouldn't let me enter it again as the HOTEL STAFF was annoyed by it as well). If you breathe, at least one bell will jingle. At least $7 worth of bells on this, so it's a real bargain even if you just need to salvage jingle bells. Ear plugs recommended.  :)    $5

"Costume Licensing Agreement" - Free size. Photo in yahoo. Used up 2 marking pens to write this. Writen in Guy's "Engineers' Printing". Excellent coverup for a costume or for a lawyer who want to wear a "legal" costume. We spoofed on the Netscape Licensing Agreement, so there are some silly sentences that you won't find in any binding legal agreement.  $5

"This costume has performed an Illegal operation and Will be shut down [OK]" - free size. Photo in Yahoo. Mocks Microsoft error message. Good for someone who doesn't wear costumes or for someone who's wearing a costume that's experiencing a "costume failure". $3

"60s Space Bimbo" - Lady's outfit. Photo in yahoo. Green Dress with plastic belt and "armor". Silly -- but comfy -- retro costume. $10

"Daphne" from Scooby Doo - Lady's outfit. Purple dress w/ lavendar details & green scarf. Purple fabric is part wool & I'm allergic, so save me, please! $8

"Lorna" from Ex-Driver - Lady's outfit. Black and white dress with scarf. $10

Samurai Salad - Fine for male or female. Perfect "hangover detector" costume. Won "most obnoxious outfit" at RustyCon [This was before invention of Glingle Glingle Glingle fairy...]. LOUD hakama of red, yellow, purple, green, and maybe some other colors tacky patterned fabric; kimono of white and bright green bamboo. $15

Byzantine male outfit - Definitely a Guy costume. 3 layers: undertunic black & Grey, over tunic red with black & gold trim, outer thingie (? forgot name of thing, it looks like a tabard, but has a cooler name) of red-orange & golden yellow brocade. Worn once.  $20

Byzantine female outfit - Definitely a ladie's costume. Matches Byzantine male outfit. Supposed to be 3 layers, but outer layer has been misplaced. Undertunic black & Grey, over tunic red with black & gold trim. Worn once.  $17

"bad reception man" - Made to fit messy like sweatpants; made of assorted black & white fabrics glommed together to resemble TV static. You'll need to add your own TV antenna because we're actually still using our antenna for its original purpose. Perfect pun costume for Artists' reception or other receptions. $3

Norman Bliaut - 2 layers (blue & yellow) with HAND STITCHED embroidery on sleeves. Very nice court garb or dancing garb $12*

Norman Dagged Tunic - 2 layers (blue & Purple) with machine stitched embroidery on sleeves. Dagging has contrasting colors on back of dags. $12*

*SPECIAL! Since Red undertunic (shown with Norman Dagged) also goes with Norman Bliaut (above), get both Norman outfits with red undertunic - and have Garb for the weekend - for $25. Great bargain.

Fighter's Field Garb - Red & yellow. Made of extremely durable heavy trigger fabric and able to tolerate much abuse. $7

Le Croupier - Circle cloak style jacket for the baccarat dealer in you. Add some costume jewelry for extra sparkle.  $5

Lady's Surcoat - Blue & Yellow - comfy SCA field garb with matching belt. $15

Lady's Surcoat - Brown & Yellow velvet with fake fur trim. Full circle skirt. $20

Roman Coke - Pun costume - Roman Centurion of CocaCola fabric to be your own Rum and Coke. Includes: hat, under tunic, over tunic, wrist bands, and leg protectors. $20

Nip o' Scotch hakama - Japanese hakama in Scottish plaid. Yet another pun costume. $10

Greek men's outfit - Very short. Must have NICE legs! $5

Short Tunic in Yellow - $5
Tabard - $3
Brown drawstring pants -$5
Orange Drawstring pants -$3
Vest - $3

No photos:
Hawaiian Casual - pajama style top and pants in red hawaiian print. $5
Herald's baldric -$1
Marshal's Baldric - $1

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume sale, coming to SALEM meeting
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 09:49:31 am »
I'll be bringing the costumes with me to the Salem meeting this Saturday (April 15), so if you want to see them for real (and check on sizes/fit), they'll be there.  :)

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Costume Sale
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 06:46:12 pm »
i'm interested in the sanzo costume ... :3
i wear size small, so would that still be okay to sew in ... ? i could even give you my measurements. my email is sugoidesuyo@hotmail.com , if you can send a picture. ^^
i'm going to ask my friends what they think of the idea, so i'll get back to you on this, okay? : D

have a nice daay!
[size=9]FOOL! two swords and a hat don't make a samurai!!![/size]
http://htttp://www.shiroikaze.deviantart.com

Offline Miss Citrus

• Cabbit
    • El Jay
Costume Sale
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 09:08:43 pm »
Quote from: "oishiidesuyo"
i wear size small, so would that still be okay to sew in ... ? i could even give you my measurements. my email is sugoidesuyo@hotmail.com , if you can send a picture. ^^
i'm going to ask my friends what they think of the idea, so i'll get back to you on this, okay? : D

have a nice daay!

Ooh, another possible Sanzo. x3 If you get it, I'll my bring mine along and we can battle.
Pika Pika Queen on SCMB.

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Costume Sale
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 06:08:56 pm »
@ miss citrus

yes, that'd be very cool !
maybe i'll bring a small squirtgun. :3

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Costume Sale
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2006, 11:19:35 am »
Quote from: "oishiidesuyo"

have a nice daay!

I'll send you the photo. Someone else currently has 'dibs' on it, but if it turns out that she changes her mind, I'll let you know.

The costume is made to fit me, which works out to about a L/XL tall size. However, it's easy to make the costume smaller (impossible to make larger, of course) since all you have to do it take it in at the seams where it's too big (and possibly shorten it a bit, too if you're petit).

Offline oishiidesuyo

• Chibi
Costume Sale
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
@ runa

alright, sounds lovely. :3